Citizenship of 1/2 Thai child?

Our child was born in Canada. I am born and raised Canadian. The mother was Temporary Resident at the time, now is a Canadian. When the child was born the Thai Consul in Vancouver, happily, Issued a Thai Birth Certificate. {I was dumfounded there was no 'fee' to pay.}

I'm 93% certain the mother is a dual Thai-Canadian, meaning she could return to Thailand, at will, and resume Thai citizenship [sometimes i wish - lol]

What about the child? Could she apply for a Thai Passport? If she ever wanted to, when a young adult, could she move to Thailand and take up Citizenship, based on her Birth Certificate? [she's not fluent in Thai, if that matters?]

---------------------------------

If a Thai, dual Citizen, returned to take up life back at home, would the Thai Income Tax Dept want a cut of any of the years of over seas earnings? Could they receive their over seas Pension funds without any strings Attached to Thai taxing?

You daughter doesn't have "to take up citizenship". She is Thai by birth and posses citizenship as a natural right. You can apply for her Thai passport at any time in Canada. Also your wife's citizenship has never been suspended. She is and will remain a full Thai citizen for all her life.

Thailand cannot want anything of your wife foreign earnings. Also, foreign pensions are not Thai taxable income.

You child is already Thai. You should get a her a Thai passport so she can travel to here without a visa. It would be best to apply for her passport in Vancouver. She can hold both nationalities. Canada nor Thailand forbid dual nationalities.

You should get your child registered on a house book here so later she can get a Thai ID card and get passports here in the future.

You wife also can also hold both both nationalities and should enter Thailand on her Thai passport.

You child is already Thai. You should get a her a Thai passport so she can travel to here without a visa. It would be best to apply for her passport in Vancouver. She can hold both nationalities. Canada nor Thailand forbid dual nationalities.

You should get your child registered on a house book here so later she can get a Thai ID card and get passports here in the future.

You wife also can also hold both both nationalities and should enter Thailand on her Thai passport.

near what I suspected... that info about a house book is a gem, though. *thanks* [any vacations we can manage will be fine on their Canadian passports, but if they ever want to go there for an extended period, we have the detailed info, now]

Not to sound pedantic, but I find the express half "some nationality" diminutive, even if used casually.

Nobody is "half something", but one can be both something, and something else.

Both isn't really a good idea. 'Consolidated' is much better. It doesn't matter that luk khrueng means half child, I demand consolidated children from now on.

near what I suspected... that info about a house book is a gem, though. *thanks* [any vacations we can manage will be fine on their Canadian passports, but if they ever want to go there for an extended period, we have the detailed info, now]

Why is being in a house book such a *gem*?