Question for Triton owners. How noisy is the engine?

giddyup

I can get a very good deal on the previous model Mitsubishi Triton Double Cab, 100,000 baht discount, plus a heap of extras including free insurance, but have been told that the old model is very noisy. True or not? I don't expect a pickup to be as quiet as a petrol engined car, but if it's excessive compared to other pickups I may have to rethink my choice. I had a look at the new model yesterday and was very impressed, however that would cost me more than 250,000 baht more with no discounts and no extras.

The Mitsu 4D56 can be a bit clattery from the outside when cold, but it's quieter once the engine is warm. The sound proofing in the Triton does a reasonable job of keeping the noise inside the cabin low though.

What's the deal? 25% down, 0% interest and 120K discount (of which you've lost 20K in 'freebies' and insurance)?

Edited by IMHO

The Mitsu 4D56 can be a bit clattery from the outside when cold, but it's quieter once the engine is warm. The sound proofing in the Triton does a reasonable job of keeping the noise inside the cabin low though.

What's the deal? 25% down, 0% interest and 120K discount (of which you've lost 20K in 'freebies' and insurance)?

No, the deal is a straight cash sale, 854,000 baht for the top of the range Double Cab with Sat Nav, less 100,000 baht, equals 754,000 baht. Extras in include tax and insurance, tray liner, tinting, mats, reverse sensors, wind deflectors, spare wheel lock etc.

• Like 1

I not long ago bought a new Mitsu, 4 door Auto. also got a Very good deal. NO ,I don't think the engine is noisy,Plus it is very on fuel ..A very good ride...VERY happy with it....

Good to know. How much did you pay?

I not long ago bought a new Mitsu, 4 door Auto. also got a Very good deal. NO ,I don't think the engine is noisy,Plus it is very on fuel ..A very good ride...VERY happy with it....

In April, I bought a 2010 Triton Plus 4-dr, auto with 70,000 km on the odometer. My experience is much like yours, engine is not noisy, it's good on fuel,

very good ride and I'm very happy with it.

Recently, I switched to 18" alloy wheels and Falken ZE912 (265/60R18) tires and it handles even better now. Also added a Top Up sport lid, roof rails

and a step bumper. It's now the best looking truck around IMHO...laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRteka.png

Looks good, it's a pity they don't do the contrasting wheel arches anymore.

I have a 2013 Mitsu Triton Plus, 4 door with mags and extra big tyres and love it, no noticeable engine noise. I was never a fan of them, did not like the loo but got offered a good deal and have not regretted it. Very powerful too.

I have a 2013 Mitsu Triton Plus, 4 door with mags and extra big tyres and love it, no noticeable engine noise. I was never a fan of them, did not like the loo but got offered a good deal and have not regretted it. Very powerful too.

It has a toilet............thumbsup.gif ...............Dee ma..................clap2.gif

Got my/our Triton Automatic 13 months ago today, same as you all the extras,

(sat nav is excellent by the way, as is the cruise control.)

Still sweet as a nut, very little engine noise, and more than plenty of power with the 178 bhp motor

With the new model you are only paying for the new looks. (that's my opinion anyway).

Have a Nice Day.

Wow, that is well equipped. Was it a local squat style?

Spelling Police out early. Funny though.

Spelling Police out early. Funny though.

I think Transam has already milked the misspelling ,it can't get a laugh second time around.

got a 2009 triton 3.2 motor diesel no worries, don't think i would contemplate 2.5 motor supposed to be more powerfull but its just working harder also 3.2 has timing chain,2.5 has belt. as the yanks say 'theres no substitute for cubic inches'

got a 2009 triton 3.2 motor diesel no worries, don't think i would contemplate 2.5 motor supposed to be more powerfull but its just working harder also 3.2 has timing chain,2.5 has belt. as the yanks say 'theres no substitute for cubic inches'

The 2.5L that was available when you bought your 3.2L was only 140HP - the 178HP 2.5L version with new heads and turbo released in 2011 is a much better engine.

• Like 1

Looked this one over.Much improved.attachicon.gif2014-12-02 10.02.41.jpg

I had a look at one yesterday and I agree. However, at nearly 1 million for the fully optioned double cab it was more than I wanted to spend.

That'll be the top of the range 4 x 4. The 4 x 2 double cab should be matching the likes of Ford/Mazda 4 x2's in price.

Not everyone here wants to be wading through streams,

• Like 1

Looked this one over.Much improved.attachicon.gif2014-12-02 10.02.41.jpg

I had a look at one yesterday and I agree. However, at nearly 1 million for the fully optioned double cab it was more than I wanted to spend.

That'll be the top of the range 4 x 4. The 4 x 2 double cab should be matching the likes of Ford/Mazda 4 x2's in price.

Not everyone here wants to be wading through streams,

Looked at the new double cab 4X2 yesterday, nearly 950,000 baht.