Best Modification done on Honda PCX150- Rear Suspension & More

dannywla

Just Curious, as I just bought a bike, and notice every time I go over a speed bump the bottom bottoms out. That is with my wife and child on the bike with me. Has anyone made any OEM modification or aftermarket modifications. I saw the gas OEM and YSS gas shock, cost for OEM is 21,000 baht and YSS is about 16,000 baht. Will that modification insure that my bike wont bottom out?

Lastly, just purchased a SHAD carbon 39 litre cargo box from Dr. Bike in Bangkok, what other modifications have people done on the PCX, and at what cost. The Box, Back Rest and Honda Mounting bracket cost 7,100 baht before install, but I feel that carbon fiber box, which is removable is the best one currently available world wide.

Your replies are most appreciated.

Put YSS rear shocks on last year. Ordered them with 110 kg springs. No bottoming.

Had the Honda dealer install a Givi top box, Honda badged, at purchase. Quick detach. Works great. Brought a new battery for the car home in it a few weeks ago.

The PCX is a fantastic scooter. Designed in Thailand. Built in Thailand...for small Thai people.

A large farang looks a bit goofy on one.

Same same for just about every scooter for sale in Thailand. They don't make them for the farang sized rider. Why would they?

With the PCX you have to add the new rear shocks, etc. so you end up paying the SH150 price anyway.

You still have inferior rear drum brake, lousy front forks, 2HP less, small wheels and cramper rider ergonomics.

The SH was designed in Milan for European sized riders. The only scooter choice for the Farang sized rider in my opinion.

Picked mine up, slightly used for 79,000Bt. It was too tall for the Thai rider.

Edited by CarlTyson

The PCX is a fantastic scooter. Designed in Thailand. Built in Thailand...for small Thai people.

Same same for just about every scooter for sale in Thailand. They don't make them for the farang sized rider. Why would they?

With the PCX you have to add the new rear shocks, etc. so you end up paying the SH150 price anyway.

You still have inferior rear drum brake, lousy front forks, 2HP less, small wheels and cramper rider ergonomics.

The SH was designed in Milan for European sized riders. The only scooter choice for the Farang sized rider in my opinion.

The Honda Forza 300cc is ok sized with a Farang on it. See below. As a side note; isn't there an SH-300 out?

Forza_2014_01.jpg

I am not small, or Thai.

Fits me fine

Sat on both at the showroom and compared. First I sat on the PCX, then sat on the SH, aaaahh. Just right. Instant decision.

I think the PCX150 is a good bike for Thais but don't see the logic of Euro sized riders buying it and spending more on modifications that will still leave it way short of the SH150 specifications and comfort.

Trade up to the Honda SH150. Built for the farang riders.

No need to tweak the suspension.

The PCX is for the little Thai guys.

Surely you jest.

If you look at the number of forums dedicated to the PCX in the US and Europe, you will realise how many happy farang PCX owners there are.

Apart from that, just consider the looks.

post-143305-0-47113500-1417585547_thumb.

post-143305-0-64860200-1417585557_thumb.

Same same for just about every scooter for sale in Thailand.Same same for just about every scooter for sale in Thailand. They don't make them for the farang sized rider. Why would they?

Dang!

I guess that means my Nouvo is no good either.

I really love that bike.

RATS!!!

Thanks for saving me from my delusions.

I'll try to spread the message to all the goofy looking, non-SH scooter riding fools.

Surely you jest.

If you look at the number of forums dedicated to the PCX in the US and Europe, you will realise how many happy farang PCX owners there are.

attachicon.gifHonda-SH-150-05.jpg

attachicon.gif13_Honda_PCX150_1.jpg

Looks? All scooters look the same to me. You'd have to move up to a Ducati Streetfighter or better to get my attention.

Specifications and ergonomics is how I chose the Honda SH.

Surely you jest.

Looks? All scooters look the same to me. You'd have to move up to a Ducati Streetfighter or better to get my attention.

Thank you for sharing your myopic views.

And I will certainly get a Ducati when I wish to get your attention.

I am about 185 cm and the pcx is perfect for me and my Thai wife can ride it too which she sometimes do.

Back on topic since OP have a pcx and not the odd looking sh150 that hardly anybody buys, so why was the sh150 mentioned here in the first place, way off topic??

I have YSS rear shocks on my pcx150 but I paied way less than OP quotes.

No more bottoming out.

I am about 185 cm and the pcx is perfect for me and my Thai wife can ride it too which she sometimes do.

Back on topic since OP have a pcx and not the odd looking sh150 that hardly anybody buys, so why was the sh150 mentioned here in the first place, way off topic??

No more bottoming out.

No more bottoming out.

If memory serves 4000 or 4500 for the ones with a small resevoir

correct price - but make sure you get the XXL ones, hardly in stock, may have to order

Surely you jest.

i tend to choose my girls mostly on the basis of their looks as opposed to their vital stats. But I guess you're not too fussed about looks right?

Surely you jest.

i tend to choose my girls mostly on the basis of their looks as opposed to their vital stats. But I guess you're not too fussed about looks right?

Can someone get this guy a tissue?

If you need to change the PCX shocks the day you drive it out of the showroom, somethings wrong. And your little front forks will still suck.

Why not buy the bike that fits the rider?

You can add shocks, fix the seat hump etc. but your little PCX still lacks the comfort, safety and performance of the Italian designed SH.

Like I said, the PCX is good enough if you are small like the Thai guys.

Edited by CarlTyson

PCX: The preferred cycle of old fat white guys in Thailand.....Just kidding... whistling.gif

There are many Farangs quite happy with a PCX. Great scooter IMO

Surely you jest.

So, ladyboys are your thing, eh?

Let me get this straight. You like small scooters and big girls?

Hmm. I'm beginning to think you are just a bad decision maker.

First you buy the PCX and then you're riding off with a man in a dress. w00t.gif

Edited by CarlTyson

Then please tell us why they are sold world wide if only for Thais.

Surely you jest.

First you buy the PCX and then you're riding off with a man in a dress. w00t.gif

chill down man! no need to be disrespectful.

each on his own at the end.

and yes, sh150i is of course a superior bike to pcx150, everybody knows that but for most pcx is more than enough and it is 20 k cheaper and some might like it more than a sh150.

Surely you jest.

Can someone get this guy a tissue?

If you need to change the PCX shocks the day you drive it out of the showroom, somethings wrong. And your little front forks will still suck.

Why not buy the bike that fits the rider?

You can add shocks, fix the seat hump etc. but your little PCX still lacks the comfort, safety and performance of the Italian designed SH.

Like I said, the PCX is good enough if you are small like the Thai guys.

First off, I will qualify my statements by saying that I've never noticed or ridden the SH150 and looking at the picture, neither do I wish too.

But I'm curious as to how you determine that it's safer and more comfortable? The PCX looks a lot more comfortable to me. I've taken my PCX on a 600+ km journey in a day and I have to say that the sitting position was very comfortable with good wind protection.

With regards to performance, we are talking scooters here and primarily for riding around town. Who needs better performance for that? If I wanted higher speeds, I would just ride my other bikes.

Surely you jest.

Not sure how you inferred that LB's are my thing from my post but never mind.

But buying the PCX was definitely a good decision. Now, if I had bought the SH, I would probably be regretting it every day of the week.

Edited by Gweiloman

• 4 weeks later...