whats the best value way to call the uk on a mobile

soioldkentroad

^^ He's after 'best value', smart arse! using the 'lines' is not the best value... one has to pop in and out of the internet by prefixing with either 004, 007 or 009 before dialing 44. Alternatively, if both ends have smartphones, use Skype.

I didnt expect a smart arse lol to answer on a straight forward question like that but we r in thailand lol, as it happens the reason i need 2 do this is bcos i called my bank via skype and i had to change my telephone banking number and it doesnt work when u tap the numbers in

^^ He's after 'best value', smart arse! using the 'lines' is not the best value... one has to pop in and out of the internet by prefixing with either 004, 007 or 009 before dialing 44. Alternatively, if both ends have smartphones, use Skype.

You can use Skype on your smart phone and dial their landline, I think it's 1p a minute

True Move international SIM card and use the 00600 prefix:

Land lines: 1 Baht/min

Mobiles: 6 Baht/min

Note: May not be available any more

True Move SIM card and 006 prefix:

Land lines 3 Baht/min

Mobiles: 6 Baht/min

004 from dtac about 7 baht

thanks for that is that 004. then just the uk number. ? is there a similar deal one2call ?

Whenever I use my mobile phone to call Germany, having AIS, I dial 008 and it's not more expensive than an inland call.

I also have had problems using the SKYPE keypad for international online banking transactions. Sometimes the numbers do not register correctly. I use a TRUE landline phone, access code 006 for the best quality which is what I want when banking.

Been looking for the same since some time now and the way to go is VOIP, that is if you have a data plan on your phone.

Till now the most economic I found is VOIPTIGER, which would cost you 0.017 Eurocent to a mobile in the UK, which is about 0,7 Baht.

The amount you pay will depend on the International Call Carrier and their Delivery Type.

For instance, TOT's service:

007 TOT uses Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) TDM (Time Division Multiplexing) technology

starting cost around 9฿/m

008 TOT uses Voice over IP (VoIP) technology

starting cost around 3฿/m

Some people use Calling Cards for even cheaper rates.

Others use special calling apps and/or services on their phones (Skype, Facetime, Viber, Hangouts, Facebook, Line, MagicJack, Nimbuzz, Tango, Yahoo, and others ... where 'free' calling relies on the other end using the same app, otherwise you need to arrange to pay a fee.)

Others use special calling apps and/or services on their phones (Skype, Facetime, Viber, Hangouts, Facebook, Line, MagicJack, Nimbuzz, Tango, Yahoo, and others ... where 'free' calling relies on the other end using the same app, otherwise you need to arrange to pay a fee.)

That was actually my point of my post. I think Voiptiger at 7 satang a minute to any phone in the UK will be hard to beat.

Noticed that also have a SIP service at very cheap monthly rate which allow people in the UK to call you in Thailand at the price of a local call.

I didnt expect a smart arse lol to answer on a straight forward question like that but we r in thailand lol, as it happens the reason i need 2 do this is bcos i called my bank via skype and i had to change my telephone banking number and it doesnt work when u tap the numbers in

I also have Skype and had the same problem but could not receive secure texts on my Thai phone so I got a UK phone just to receive texts from my bank but if you go down that route make a note of the number as if you put no funds in for a year the number gets cancelled and you need the old number to get a new number registered with your bank