More tourists are heading to Isaan this weekend

webfact

More tourists are heading to Isaan this weekend

BURIRAM, 5 December 2014 (NNT) - More tourists are traveling to the Northeast this weekend to experience the cold weather.

More than 10,000 visitors are expected to visit Phanom Rung Historical Park in Buriram this weekend to admire the rock castle built in the old Khmer architectural style during the 10th to 13th centuries. The chilly weather in the region has also attracted a higher number of tourists while the park has also waived entry fees in celebration of the national Father’s Day

In Surin, the declining temperature is also drawing more people to Wat Khao Sala Atulthanajaro Buddhist Park in Bua Chet District, to observe the scenery on the Thai-Cambodian border and pay respect to several Buddha statutes including the huge Nak Prok -- a seated one protected by the 7-headed naga.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-05 footer_n.gif

If they had announced free admission in advance, they ,may have seen a lot more than 10,000 visitors. I live close by, and free admission is news to me and all the local villagers!

I live even closer and I knew.

I was told that it was quite normal to have free entrance to public attractions on Father's Day. I wonder - dual pricing for Farangs ?

• Like 1

If they had announced free admission in advance, they ,may have seen a lot more than 10,000 visitors. I live close by, and free admission is news to me and all the local villagers!

I was told that it was quite normal to have free entrance to public attractions on Father's Day. I wonder - dual pricing for Farangs ?

Regrettably those in the know, and who's information would especially benefit local Thais, fail to pass on this information in local forums. I spent years in Pattaya, and never knew of the Buffalo races in nearby Chonburi until after the event when the Pattaya Mail did a report.

It is the same story in Buriram,..concerts by big name artists, yet unless you live right in the town and see the displayed notices,, nobody living in the sticks seems to know until afterwards..

• Like 1

Good, that should give us some traffic jam relieve in Pattaya this extended week end.

No f**kin' way. Took me 45 minutes to get from Thappraya Roa to Siam Country Club Road. I thought businesses were closed to celebrate his Majesty's birthday. Only the girlie bars.

Regrettably those in the know, and who's information would especially benefit local Thais, fail to pass on this information in local forums. I spent years in Pattaya, and never knew of the Buffalo races in nearby Chonburi until after the event when the Pattaya Mail did a report.

It is the same story in Buriram,..concerts by big name artists, yet unless you live right in the town and see the displayed notices,, nobody living in the sticks seems to know until afterwards..

The Thai internet is still in it's infancy but getting there slowly. Public announcements are not yet made public??

This is a typical advert for Phanom Rung in Buriram Muang.

attachicon.gifIMG_0400.JPG Please read carefully.

The good laughs of bad & unchecked translations.

• Like 1

Good, that should give us some traffic jam relieve in Pattaya this extended week end.

No f**kin' way. Took me 45 minutes to get from Thappraya Roa to Siam Country Club Road. I thought businesses were closed to celebrate his Majesty's birthday. Only the girlie bars.

You say, I drove direction Pattaya over the highway around 3pm today, and there was standstill traffic from the Nongprue exit, also the railway roads complete blocked.

Lucky I know my way through the small soi's to reach Chayapruek without any traffic encounters, otherwise I bet I still was in the car right now.

I have to agree. The online news reporters, such as the Pattaya Mail, and others, tells us what happened, and not what will happen.

Same in Khon Kaen. A couple of weeks ago they put up notices on the highway announcing the annual silk festival in Thai and English. Only one problem, there were no dates given.

I pointed it out to the wife and she me told there was no need, people in Khon Kaen know when it is.

Nothing too cool about Ubon and Sisaket provinces. 36 degrees after lunch in Meuang Ubon yesterday as I set a short trail for a couple of hours - needed my rice-workers big brimmed hat and lots of water stops.

Nice in the late afternoon mind (29 degrees) when I did the same run/walk again with friends! [ubon Hash House Harriers]

During Tourist-Season, there are more Tourists than before or after. That's why it's called "Tourist-Season". Some Tourists arrive with their Personal-Travel Guide, mentioning casually to the "Tourist" that making an investment on Family-Land would be an excellent idea. (You no pay for land, have already). Investors paradise !

Cheers.