British man stuck in Elevator at Central Pattaya Apartment Complex

Lite Beer

British man stuck in Elevator at Central Pattaya Apartment Complex

lift-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Friday a 62 year old British Resident became stuck in an Elevator, following a power-cut at his Central Pattaya Apartment Complex.

Eventually Mr. Joseph Colby, was able to summon assistance and rescue services soon arrived at the Bliss Mansions in Soi Diana Inn off Soi Buakhao. Although the power was restored earlier in the night, the elevator became stuck on the 3rd floor after Mr. Colby had travelled down from the 5th floor where he resides.

Read More: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/157988/british-man-stuck-in-elevator-at-central-pattaya-apartment-complex/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-06

A slow news day in Pattaya?

Yes, I am sure there are more important and interesting things going on in the early hours in Pattaya.

But it is good to see that the rescue services can be relied on to help and are able to release the man.

Sorry mate, but it's the steps for a while now.

This was my first thought when the power went out last week - glad I wasnt in the elevator. I agree that this is pathetic subject matter for a news item, and I doubt our Brit friend particularly wanted his mug plastered all over Howard's site. Just goes to show that we dont have a stabbing every day in Pattaya - we take the odd days off for a spot of ATM fraud and pickpocketing ;)

A slow news day in Pattaya?

Europeans seem to have a great deal of difficulty coping with balconies and lifts here in Thailand. The mystery of the choice of which elevator call button to press seems to utterly defeat many of them in my building, although they do seem to understand that if you hit the call button repeatedly the elevator will arrive sooner.

And judging from the frequent ringing heard throughout the building, after they're on board and the elevator starts to move, a surprising number of them hit the alarm button.

funny-elevator-joke.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

Hm

Just a few weeks ago I was trapped in the ironically named "Makestic " on soi Banchana in Jomtien.

It was scary and it took the local maintainence team 30 minutes to

get the doors to cooperate and open.

I have read that modern elevator systems(ours has got to be 30 years old and has broken down many times)

have safety systems that allow them to get to the next floor and automatically open in the

event of power failure. Does anyone know if any of these systems are actually in

use in Thailand?

Edited by BugJackBaron

Hm

Just a few weeks ago I was trapped in the ironically named "Makestic " on soi Banchana in Jomtien.

I have read that modern elevator systems(ours has got to be 30 years old and has broken down many times)

have safety systems that allow them to get to the next floor and automatically open in the

event of power failure. Does anyone know if any of these systems are actually in

use in Thailand?

I don't know. What i can say, the View Talay condo-buildings using a diesel generator which allows the elevator continue running due a blackout. Nevertheless, i got also trapped in a elevator. The emergency button didn't work. Luckily had the phone number of the security office in my contact list.

Wonder how long he was stuck in the lift?

Using the "Jaws of Life"? so now the lifts are out of action until the fit new doors? I thought all lift doors had an override key?

I was very pleased that the Condominium where I had an apartment has has emergence back up generators to power the elevators in a power outage that they test regularly.

What the news article doesn't say is that before releasing Mr Colby, the rescue workers chucked a couple of live snakes into the lift to ensure he was really grateful.

On the other hand it could also have been done by reporters covering the story, just to make it news worthy... coffee1.gif

one more reason I love my ground floor condo :-)

I would be more afraid of having some pattaya junkie slitting my throat while I'm sleeping than getting stuck for a few hours in an elevator.

Wow, exactly that happened to a friend of mine, located at Pratumnak Soi 5. May be you know him or this story?

Hm

use in Thailand?

Yes, they are in use in the condo I own in Jomtien. Experienced it myself , the elevator goes down to the next floor and doors open. The condo was built in 2013 so I guess most new buildings has this system. Edited by balo

one more reason I love my ground floor condo :-)

I would be more afraid of having some pattaya junkie slitting my throat while I'm sleeping than getting stuck for a few hours in an elevator.

not likely to happen at my place with 24 hour security.