OPinioins on the new Chevy Trailblazer

tuffy

It looks like the new trailblazers have improved.

I am looking for your opinion on it, especially those who have the new style trailblazer.

How is the ride, fuel economy, handling, etc. etc.

Any problems?

I saw one the other day when I was out shopping and thought it looked great. The only draw back I could say about them is that they are built on the Colorodo truck chassis but other brand large SUV's are also built on a truck frame like the Fortuna and MU7. If you like the ride quality in a truck than this would not be a problem. For 2014 the Duramax 2.8L diesel engines have several new parts, namely a new water-cooled variable-geometry turbocharger, a new high-pressure common-rail fuel delivery system, a new Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system, a new intake manifold, a new cylinder head, a new cylinder block, a new balance shaft unit and a new Engine Control Module (ECM). and now produce 200 hp and 500 Nm of torque which I think makes them one of the best diesels available. The only other drawback could be the resale value would not be as good as other SUVs. If you are planning on keeping it that wouldn't be a problem.

All being said if I was in the market for a SUV I would definitely consider the Trailblazer.

Nice.2 Years no Prob ,Dopey Service Management only.

Dopey service management is a requirement for all auto brands in Thailand I think.

As far as Ford service in Pattaya, calling them dopey would be 3 steps up for them. They are the main reason I will never buy a ford in Thailand again.

I do like the looks and feel of the Trailblazer though, just hoping for some more reports (good or bad) before I pull the trigger.

• Like 1

I saw one the other day when I was out shopping and thought it looked great. The only draw back I could say about them is that they are built on the Colorodo truck chassis but other brand large SUV's are also built on a truck frame like the Fortuna and MU7. If you like the ride quality in a truck than this would not be a problem. For 2014 the Duramax 2.8L diesel engines have several new parts, namely a new water-cooled variable-geometry turbocharger, a new high-pressure common-rail fuel delivery system, a new Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system, a new intake manifold, a new cylinder head, a new cylinder block, a new balance shaft unit and a new Engine Control Module (ECM). and now produce 200 hp and 500 Nm of torque which I think makes them one of the best diesels available. The only other drawback could be the resale value would not be as good as other SUVs. If you are planning on keeping it that wouldn't be a problem.

All being said if I was in the market for a SUV I would definitely consider the Trailblazer.

Trivia: 200HP/500Nm was the original reference VM Motori design spec. What we saw first launched in TH was a de-spec'd version of the engine.

The Chev Trailblazer is just a re-badged Isuzu MuX I believe, as the Colorado is a DMax. Of course they have a different skin but I think they are really the same vehicle off the same line underneath.

The Trailblazer came first.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I drove the Trailblazer for a test drive (weekend). At the end I chose a FORTUNER. Trailblazer uncomfortable seats, loud, hard

I test drove one today and its far more comfortable than my Fortuner.

The only issue is a few warnings i have got about it.

Anyone else heard anything like this about it?

• Like 1