Night life In kabinburi

dazk

spent a year in Sa Kaeo 2010-11 and went thru Kabinburi many times; only met one westerner. Like SK, not populated with foreigners, and at a guess - unless they're all hiding out in one little gated compound somewhere, be surprised if there is a bar you'd feel comfortable in.

Almost spent a night there though earlier this year - a supposed one hour wait to meet a connecting bus to Chanthaburi (I'd traveled down from Nong Khai) resulted in a four hour wait from 10pm onwards. Only person i found who spoke any English was a man sitting on the edge of the pavement, feet in the gutter, mumbling away. Only when I got close to him noticed his police uniform. Must have been a good party.

Have a Thai friend teaching there, he likes it, but hasn't mentioned foreigners living there. When are you going? I'll see him over New Year

Enjoy your stay!!

Edited by gomangosteen

Since I have not much else to do, I travel a lot. Was in Kabinbury twice. 4 days in a row was the most I could stand. There is no "Entertainment" that would suit a Farang.

Outside of the "Tourist-Hub's", rural Thailand does not cater to "Western- Farang-Needs and Desires". The moral-standards in Rural-Thailand are still very high. To be compared to Western Europe around the year 1955.

So if you want to stay in Kabinbury for 2 Months, it better be a very well paying job. Otherwise.......

Cheers.

I have worked there before a few years ago (Agri-Power Power plant). There were a few places to go in town back then, but there were quite a few expat guys on the same project, so we made our own entertainment really. Surrounding towns like Chachoengsao and Prachinburi are basically the same, quiet and industrial-based. Wait until you start work there and ask your co-workers where the action is, if any.

^ I like Chachoengsao - spent a lot of time there over the years and at one stage we were going to live/work there.

Few westerners but that wasn't an issue, probably more there than Chanthaburi where we did settle; but too far to the beach.

Depends what you want, we've been to some good restaurants/cafes and don't do nightclubs etc - so it's not for everyone.

We had a family holiday there in October, enjoyable place for a few days 'escape'

Your best bet would be Ban Kok U-Dom which is located 10kms east of Kabinburi.

But do not expect to see any farang in sight...

There is a handfull of karaoke joints and live music places mainly catering (most of them being open weekends only) for Japanese and Korean executives working in the industrial park.

I am living in Na Dee and I am going there from time to time to entertain either our bored visiting friends and/or our good workers.