Reports emerging of police drug testing scam in Bangkok

webfact

I hardly ever go to he Soi 22 area,, But I AM in the Soi 4,, to Soi 21 areas nightly,, playing pool,,, I was in Soi 22 just last night to play in a pool league,,, I got there about 8pm,, and left about 12am,,,, they weren't around at 8,,, but there were about 8 or so of them about 2 blocks into Soi 22 about 12 when I left,,, They had about 3-4, "Farlangs" stopped,, going through their bags, packs, etc,,, which usually you don't see too often,, but it HAS increased!,,, Also usually, you don't see too many traffic stop in the Asok, to Ekemhai areas,, but those too have REALLY increased,,, They look to be very well organized,, And, "seem" to be making stop primarily for drunk driving,, Of course,, they're most likely searching for drugs also,,,, I do NOT have a problem catching over the limit drivers,,, but I DO have a huge problem with HOW they, "catch" them,,,, I CAN tell you from personal experience, what happened to myself, and my girlfriend in the Thong Lor area about a month ago,, I drive us to the area in the evening, for her work, and my pool playing,, I usually NEVER drive us home, because even after only say, 3-4 beers towards the end of the evening,, you're probably going to blow over the limit,,, This night,, I wasn't quite feeling well,, and beers just weren't, "tasting good, or going down well".... So over the course of the evening,, between about 6pm,, to about 1am,,, I had a total of about 2 beers, with the last 1, before about 9pm,,, So,,, 2 beers, over 3 hours, with the last one, 4, FOUR HOURS prior to leaving the area,,,, So, I actually decided to drive us home,,, We were waived over/stopped near Thong Lor area. by a cop standing in the far left lane, (which we were legally riding in, helmets and all,,, He asked me to blow,,, (whilst trying to grab the keys,, My girl quickly grabbed them out of the ignition,,, KNOWING there was NO way, I was going to blow over the limit,, I said sure,,, He punched a few buttons,, handed small, hand-held box to me,, with a USED mouth tube,,, while he was semi-not paying attention,, I never placed the tube IN my mouth,, but blew into it, while the tube was about 10mm from my lips,,,, i blew,, he turned back to me,,, grabbed it,, pushed some more buttons,, and said,, "You drunk",,, I of course said, "NO way",, as did my girl,, He REFUSED to show me the reading,,, He said, "$2000, and go",,,, He then walked BACK out into the left lane, to corral some others,,, whilst doing this,, my girl said, "get on",, and we promptly rode off,, took a side Soi,, knowing he was probably going to radio ahead,,,,, There is NO,, NO possible way,, that ANY POS, OLD, hand-held device, is going to read that you're, "over" doing what I did,,, NO WAY,,, besides the fact,, There's NO way of knowing, (since they won't show you them setting it up),,, If they don't just fake pushing buttons, resetting it, from a possible higher reading,, left by the PREVIOUS USER!!!!..... So ya,,, they WANNA get you?,,,, YOU'RE GOT!....

." So over the course of the evening,, between about 6pm,, to about 1am,,, I had a total of about 2 beers, with the last 1, before about 9pm,,,"

You don't sound too sure to me!

READ Einstein,,, 2 beers, between 6-1,,, the last before 9,,, sooo,,, 2 beers in 7, SEVEN hours TOTAL time frame, (got there a 6, left at 1), last 1 before 9, (so 2, over 3 hours, 6-9) Second beer.. (beer number 2), within that 1st 3 hour window, So 4 hours before leaving (1AM),,,,,,,, Need a calculator?.. And YA,,, pretty damn sure,,, Gotta feel sorry for those that can't do basic math, or just sooo lonely, they look for ANY reason to post something, ANYthing,,,,,

Oh dear - we are touchy! Wrong time of the month? I was being a tad sarcastic, but your over abundant use of the word "about" (6 times in 3 lines (no's 2,3 and 4 if you want me to be specific) makes me think that you're not too sure "about" a lot of things in your post!.For example, in your original post you state :-

" I had a total of about 2 beers, with the last 1, before about 9pm,,,". Then, in your reply, you state ",,, 2 beers, between 6-1,,, the last before 9,,,," Why don't you just say "I had a total of 2 beers between 6 pm and 9pm and left at 1 am" ? Simples! And what's the reason for all the commas? And no, I'm not lonely, (I have had the same Thai girlfriend for 8 years and get out and about the same as yourself) I just like to see the English language used properly (even if you are American (?), Canadian or Australian!) without the need for over-complicating the issue. OK YA?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw this on Wiki !!!

False positives have been known to be triggered by consuming hemp-seed bars and other products, although the more detailed, more expensive gas chromatography-mass spectrometer (GCMS) test can tell the difference.

Common known pharmaceutical drugs which cause false positives in instant THC dip tests include: Dronabinol, Efavirenz, Ibuprofen, Ketoprofen, Naproxen, Piroxicam, Promethazine, Proton pump inhibitors, Sulindac, Tolmetin

my Thai chick confirms no expensive tests in Thai hospital only this pee in a test tube of chemicals test and no my Thai chick does not know everything as I asked her how to say Proton pump inhibitor in Thai for me to keep up my sleeve and she is still dumb even after looking on her phone dic maybe I need a new chick who knows her shit round town to look after her man good or maybe u guys explain how to tell Thai police that you suffer with pump inhibitions and then all is forgiven and my heart free of frustration

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Send it around the world. Till it goes viral! Then maybe T.A.T. will wake up.

At the top of this page is a place you can click on stars to rate the topic. The more stars the topic gets, the higher up this topic is in Google search results. A small thing, but along the lines of what you are talking about. alt=thumbsup.gif>

Thank you for that Craig. I didn't realise that rating a topic had that much effect. I work in Bangkok and a number of my colleagues are very concerned about this - another disgraceful abuse of power.

Millwall fan your post disturbs me greatly as I have to recruit 8 Western staff over the next year.

The main focus on this thread has thus far been on possible effects on tourists and tourism, you are the first to mention the possible deterrent this abysmal abuse may have on the recruiting/attracting/retaining skilled workers in the Kingdom.

In the past, recruiting skilled staff from overseas to come to BKK (as we offer decent packages) was like shooting fish in a barrel, but given all the negative international attention of the past decade or so Thailand has received, coupled with issues like this is going to make it tricky.

Unfortunately we have a policy of not recruiting 'in country' as it has been generally acknowledged that people with too many prior conceptions about the destination country can at times be detrimental.

My friend planned to have his birthdayparty in a 5* Japanese hotel in this area. (Can we mention hotelnames here?). But when the Westerners heard which hotel it was they all asked him to book another hotel. Which he did. Far away from Thong Lor.clap2.gif

Seems like an over-reaction, but hopefully they still managed to have a good party.

I hardly ever go to he Soi 22 area,, But I AM in the Soi 4,, to Soi 21 areas nightly,, playing pool,,, I was in Soi 22 just last night to play in a pool league,,, I got there about 8pm,, and left about 12am,,,, they weren't around at 8,,, but there were about 8 or so of them about 2 blocks into Soi 22 about 12 when I left,,, They had about 3-4, "Farlangs" stopped,, going through their bags, packs, etc,,, which usually you don't see too often,, but it HAS increased!,,, Also usually, you don't see too many traffic stop in the Asok, to Ekemhai areas,, but those too have REALLY increased,,, They look to be very well organized,, And, "seem" to be making stop primarily for drunk driving,, Of course,, they're most likely searching for drugs also,,,, I do NOT have a problem catching over the limit drivers,,, but I DO have a huge problem with HOW they, "catch" them,,,, I CAN tell you from personal experience, what happened to myself, and my girlfriend in the Thong Lor area about a month ago,, I drive us to the area in the evening, for her work, and my pool playing,, I usually NEVER drive us home, because even after only say, 3-4 beers towards the end of the evening,, you're probably going to blow over the limit,,, This night,, I wasn't quite feeling well,, and beers just weren't, "tasting good, or going down well".... So over the course of the evening,, between about 6pm,, to about 1am,,, I had a total of about 2 beers, with the last 1, before about 9pm,,, So,,, 2 beers, over 3 hours, with the last one, 4, FOUR HOURS prior to leaving the area,,,, So, I actually decided to drive us home,,, We were waived over/stopped near Thong Lor area. by a cop standing in the far left lane, (which we were legally riding in, helmets and all,,, He asked me to blow,,, (whilst trying to grab the keys,, My girl quickly grabbed them out of the ignition,,, KNOWING there was NO way, I was going to blow over the limit,, I said sure,,, He punched a few buttons,, handed small, hand-held box to me,, with a USED mouth tube,,, while he was semi-not paying attention,, I never placed the tube IN my mouth,, but blew into it, while the tube was about 10mm from my lips,,,, i blew,, he turned back to me,,, grabbed it,, pushed some more buttons,, and said,, "You drunk",,, I of course said, "NO way",, as did my girl,, He REFUSED to show me the reading,,, He said, "$2000, and go",,,, He then walked BACK out into the left lane, to corral some others,,, whilst doing this,, my girl said, "get on",, and we promptly rode off,, took a side Soi,, knowing he was probably going to radio ahead,,,,, There is NO,, NO possible way,, that ANY POS, OLD, hand-held device, is going to read that you're, "over" doing what I did,,, NO WAY,,, besides the fact,, There's NO way of knowing, (since they won't show you them setting it up),,, If they don't just fake pushing buttons, resetting it, from a possible higher reading,, left by the PREVIOUS USER!!!!..... So ya,,, they WANNA get you?,,,, YOU'RE GOT!....

." So over the course of the evening,, between about 6pm,, to about 1am,,, I had a total of about 2 beers, with the last 1, before about 9pm,,,"

READ Einstein,,, 2 beers, between 6-1,,, the last before 9,,, sooo,,, 2 beers in 7, SEVEN hours TOTAL time frame, (got there a 6, left at 1), last 1 before 9, (so 2, over 3 hours, 6-9) Second beer.. (beer number 2), within that 1st 3 hour window, So 4 hours before leaving (1AM),,,,,,,, Need a calculator?.. And YA,,, pretty damn sure,,, Gotta feel sorry for those that can't do basic math, or just sooo lonely, they look for ANY reason to post something, ANYthing,,,,,

Oh dear - we are touchy! Wrong time of the month? I was being a tad sarcastic, but your over abundant use of the word "about" (6 times in 3 lines (no's 2,3 and 4 if you want me to be specific) makes me think that you're not too sure "about" a lot of things in your post!.For example, in your original post you state :-

" I had a total of about 2 beers, with the last 1, before about 9pm,,,". Then, in your reply, you state ",,, 2 beers, between 6-1,,, the last before 9,,,," Why don't you just say "I had a total of 2 beers between 6 pm and 9pm and left at 1 am" ? Simples! And what's the reason for all the commas? And no, I'm not lonely, (I have had the same Thai girlfriend for 8 years and get out and about the same as yourself) I just like to see the English language used properly (even if you are American (?), Canadian or Australian!) without the need for over-complicating the issue. OK YA?

I said, "about" because I didn't actually keep an accurate log of my night,, Maybe I could have used, "approximately", instead of, "about" and that would've passed your scrutiny,,,, OK?,, So I was thinking back, and trying to be as accurate as could be,,, As far as how I use ,,,,.. or how I speak/use English,,, that would be entirely up to me don't you think? So get over yourself, and try to find another, "hobby" other than attempting to correct, people who are, "wrong on the internet",, I'm sure you'll find you might be a happier person, but knowing other's that have the same, "hobby" as you, I doubt that,, As the others I know with your, "problem" are quite unhappy, lonely people,,, devoid of any REAL life, or social skills,, OK YA?

HOWEVER, the problem with these BMA "litter cops" is they appear to be solely and exclusively focused on going after non-Thais for littering offenses.

Look at it this way- If my dog poops in my front yard- no problem.

If my brother's dog poops in my front yard, it's still great to see him.

If my best friend's dog poops in my front yard- all is forgiven.

If a stranger brings his dog to poop in my front yard, there will be an issue.

It ain't about the poop. Just like it isn't about the cigarette butts.

FAO ADEEOS

Apparently,I have reached the limit of allowed blocks of text on our communications, so here is the reply I tried to send to you:-

I think we've made our points! You contradict your elaborate statements and try to defend them in an aggressive manner, and I was merely pointing out that your use of the English language and grammar left a bit to be desired. How you use/speak English is of course up to you, but it gives a good indication as to what type of person you are and I have made my assumptions based on the way that you have answered my post, Mr Angry Capitals! So Adios, Adeeos - I'll leave you to decide whether you consumed a total of 2 beers, or about 2 beers on the night in question!) OK YA? (And you started with the 'ya" thing " So ya,,, they WANNA get you?,,,, YOU'RE GOT!...." )

My friend planned to have his birthdayparty in a 5* Japanese hotel in this area. (Can we mention hotelnames here?). But when the Westerners heard which hotel it was they all asked him to book another hotel. Which he did. Far away from Thong Lor.clap2.gif

I agree with the decision to move the gathering elsewhere

If more people do it, it will affect local businesses and then they might speak up

If you do not like the possibility of random checks then speak with your feet and go elsewhere

I am sorry to say that the fairness and professionalism of the police in this country is at such a low level that planting evidence, recording murders as suicide, torturing people, fitting people up for crimes they did not commit and general extortion is the norm rather than the exception.

This targeting needs to be exposed so tourists who have the bad luck to chose a visit to Thong Lor or really any tourist destination here, can at least be prepared at how to deal with the scam. That it is the a Royal Thai Police doing it is really not at all surprising to those that live here. Shame on them

FAO ADEEOS

Apparently,I have reached the limit of allowed blocks of text on our communications, so here is the reply I tried to send to you:-

I think we've made our points! You contradict your elaborate statements and try to defend them in an aggressive manner, and I was merely pointing out that your use of the English language and grammar left a bit to be desired. How you use/speak English is of course up to you, but it gives a good indication as to what type of person you are and I have made my assumptions based on the way that you have answered my post, Mr Angry Capitals! So Adios, Adeeos - I'll leave you to decide whether you consumed a total of 2 beers, or about 2 beers on the night in question!) OK YA? (And you started with the 'ya" thing " So ya,,, they WANNA get you?,,,, YOU'RE GOT!...." )

I'm so glad I was able to, "entertain" you, and keep you of some other poor bastards arse,, I guess everyone needs a, "hobby",,, But really Chief, try and get a life,, HHmmkay" lololol

FAO ADEEOS

I'm so glad I was able to, "entertain" you, and keep you of some other poor bastards arse,, I guess everyone needs a, "hobby",,, But really Chief, try and get a life,, HHmmkay" lololol

Good - you've lost a lot of your capitals (Surprised the moderators didn't pull you up for "shouting" at me with all of those!) Still a few commas too many, but only one spelling mistake (of some other poor bastards arse) I don't really need the promotion thank you (Chief) and I already have a life as explained previously, but I'm glad that you are taking the English lessons seriously, and I am very satisfied with the improvement! "HHmmkay" lololol" (Whatever that means!) "back at ya" as you would probably say in your country!

I take it by troll you mean someone who disagrees with you. Go ahead. Piss in people's streets and be smug about only taking prescription drugs. But it was your bladder that was full of a legal drug that led to your lack of control. And you seem to think pissing in people's communities is somehow acceptable. Please think again.

No, not the disagreement side - that is fine. It was the rewording of what I was saying... which I assume was on purpose. Prescription drugs can be legal or illegal, prescribed drugs are exactly that prescribed for a condition.

I did not say pissing in peoples communities is acceptable, that is your spin on it. Given two alternatives at that point, I chose peeing down the storm drain -- and if I were in the same situation I would do it again tongue.png If the police gave me a cup, a ticket, or a summons I would have thanked them and taken it.

Now that we have agreed that it was disgusting, maybe we can return to the topic at hand.

I think he was peed on as a child,they mistook him for a urinal,he's been upset ever since.

FAO ADEEOS

Good - you've lost a lot of your capitals (Surprised the moderators didn't pull you up for "shouting" at me with all of those!) Still a few commas too many, but only one spelling mistake (of some other poor bastards arse) I don't really need the promotion thank you (Chief) and I already have a life as explained previously, but I'm glad that you are taking the English lessons seriously, and I am very satisfied with the improvement! "HHmmkay" lololol" (Whatever that means!) "back at ya" as you would probably say in your country!
Ya... Ya... just keep telling yourself that... you.. "win".... you might get by NOT getting yourself busted up by some barstool local... that's not as accommodating as myself.... that you choose to mouth off to.. telling them... "how things are".... I'm being nice... because I do truly.. "feel" for those like you... at the end of a life.. "not well lived ". Please enjoy the rest.. correcting those that in your mind are... "wrong".... Jeeeez... you make this sooooooo easy.... lolol

And.. BTW... I caught the.. "of" instead of.. "off"... tried to edit... but wasn't allowed to.... so Ya... Ya.. "got me".... lolololol... ALSO... BTW... you mentioned.. "my country".... do you mean.... the country.. that's pretty much responsible for you NOT speaking the German language right now?.... ALLOT of. AMERICAN BOYS/MEN... died to ALLOW you that. PRIVILEGE.... YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!!... LOL

A nasty, offensive post that offers nothing compared to OP's report regarding his experience of stop and search. It's gratuitously rude, off topic and immature. The problem with such shallow, attention seeking posts is they might put off the adults from contributing to the thread. As regards to your inappropriate comments about the English language: This is a public forum and not an IELTS test run by the British Council. So let me reiterate: the OP's post was of interest, was of value, and was informative. Your response and further answer was just crass and actually kind of creepy in a weedy, quelerous way. An attention seeking middle child I supect

Thank you for saying what sadly needs to be said on TVF on nearly a daily basis... I seldom post as regularly as I'd like to.. for this very reason... I suspect. That many others that aren't as.. "thick skinned" as myself... tend to not post at all... again.. thank you...

FAO ADEEOS

Ya... Ya... just keep telling yourself that... you.. "win".... you might get by NOT getting yourself busted up by some barstool local... that's not as accommodating as myself.... that you choose to mouth off to.. telling them... "how things are".... I'm being nice... because I do truly.. "feel" for those like you... at the end of a life.. "not well lived ". Please enjoy the rest.. correcting those that in your mind are... "wrong".... Jeeeez... you make this sooooooo easy.... lolol

And.. BTW... I caught the.. "of" instead of.. "off"... tried to edit... but wasn't allowed to.... so Ya... Ya.. "got me".... lolololol... ALSO... BTW... you mentioned.. "my country".... do you mean.... the country.. that's pretty much responsible for you NOT speaking the German language right now?.... ALLOT of. AMERICAN BOYS/MEN... died to ALLOW you that. PRIVILEGE.... YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!!... LOL

It's not a case of winning! It's not a competition, but you are trying to make it into one, so just to let you know that I have never been "busted up" in my life,(bet you can't say the same?) This will be my last comment on this matter, so if you care to make a reply (even with all your commas/full stops!) you can tell yourself that you won, and to be honest, I don't "give a hoot" my red necked Republican friend, because your temper has "gotten" the better of you, your comments are becoming nonsensical, and I think you need to calm down (P.S. I've just realised the reason for all the commas! It's to give you time to breathe!) so toodle pip and all that!

Greetings,

Good news, I'm at the Asoke intersection on a daily basis and I haven't seen the policemen for the past 2 weeks! We expats and tourists must unite and help each other to minimize harassment, so keep our eyes and ears focused on the policemen and report all the annoying activities to Thaivisa Forum!

Stop bickering and assist each other to eliminate further harassment from the police!

The subject is too important to close down but it is too important be a platform for damaged egos and attention seekers. People need to use self control and think about what they are writing and why.

Agreed. It makes for good reading but some of the hysteria surrounding this issue and the many unsubstantiated reports, detract from its seriousness.

Greetings,

Good news, I'm at the Asoke intersection on a daily basis and I haven't seen the policemen for the past 2 weeks! We expats and tourists must unite and help each other to minimize harassment, so keep our eyes and ears focused on the policemen and report all the annoying activities to Thaivisa Forum!

Stop bickering and assist each other to eliminate further harassment from the police!

That's good news. Thanks for keeping people informed rather than the infighting that's been going on. I've got a 3 day trip to Bangkok in Mid Jan and have been thinking of cancelling because of the harassment. I really would like to still go so the signs are good.

Archived