Thaivisa Poster of the Year 2014 Nominations

smokie36

What are the criteria for 'good' poster?

Half of the ones mentioned here talk a heap of crap and the other half I've never heard of. .

What about ones that give useful information like Ubon Joe, Lopburi, Arkady.

If you value useful information, reward posters who give that with your vote.

Mods are not eligible in this contest though.

Half of the ones mentioned here talk a heap of crap and the other half I've never heard of. .

The criteria here is whatever you want it to be.

• Like 1

The criteria here is whatever you want it to be.

Exactly!

The people who nominate the, most frequent stated, members for poster of the year really need to think again. It all shows the shallowness of many on this forum. The inability to read properly, and judge a posters different and inconsistent (personal)attitude on various topics, is apparent on here.facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

A simple mind is a joy forever, one can conclude. The only the lonely people who spent their waking hours onThaivisa must now at least have a topic to fall back on during their depressive moods. Bless them.sad.pngsad.png

I would say, let the girl win. She needs it. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

No girls here.

im not trying to buy nominations but remember i make beautiful lincolnshire and cumberland sausages,,,,

I didn't know that, Jake! I really didn't. Cumberland sausages, eh? I like Cumberland sausages, Jake. I really do. I'd do ANYTHING for a couple of kilos of them, I really would.

• Like 2

The people who nominate the, most frequent stated, members for poster of the year really need to think again. It all shows the shallowness of many on this forum. The inability to read properly, and judge a posters different and inconsistent (personal)attitude on various topics, is apparent on here.facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

A simple mind is a joy forever, one can conclude. The only the lonely people who spent their waking hours onThaivisa must now at least have a topic to fall back on during their depressive moods. Bless them.sad.pngsad.png

I would say, let the girl win. She needs it. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

No girls here.

Is that Somrsri etc not a woman then, girl if you like ?

She is quite funny from my observations on here.

Naam and Pib for consistently kneecapping the emotion-laden rants in the Economy forum. Nothing like a few facts to really ruin a good rant.

(if I could nominate two people who give their time selflessly to this forum, day after day, sheryl and ubonjoe should be given whatever honor Thaivisa can bestow on them)

They're all mods! You'll have to start a "You're my favorite Corporal" thread for them :)

• Like 1

You can go on the News Forum and post: "The Koh Tao killers aren't human -- how can they have DNA????" and this post will likely receive 200 likes in half an hour.

Do you really think someone who gets the most 'likes' by making posts like this deserves to win?

You can go on the News Forum and post: "The Koh Tao killers aren't human -- how can they have DNA????" and this post will likely receive 200 likes in half an hour.

Do you really think someone who gets the most 'likes' by making posts like this deserves to win?

Well....using your example it proves that people ...like....a truthful post.....so what are you waiting for ?

Well this is a popularity contest not a journalistic integrity award.

I just hope the Friendly Year End Event, brings out in the best in us as members, and not the things that separate us.

JT and I are probably usually make the list, because we post a lot.

But there are some other real Gems of members out there who don't post that often, but have a mark of quality about them.

Have a read of this member JAFO ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/771873-pros-cons-and-misunderstandings/

I wrote this about him and the thread was popular in the Forum for a while ...

Sometimes, you come across an excellent post.

Maybe not a post that you might write, but you can still see merit in it.

This post, reproduced (in part) below was unfortunately was buried on page 5 of a popular thread and didn't receive the exposure that it might have if it had been viewed as a stand alone topic.

At the time, I contacted the member and asked if I could reproduce it and frame an OP around it ... he said, no problems ... thanks JAFO ... thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7KD27

JAFO is from the USA but now lives in Thailand, from memory.

Just a thought ...

I just hope the Friendly Year End Event, brings out in the best in us as members, and not the things that separate us.

JT and I are probably usually make the list, because we post a lot.

But there are some other real Gems of members out there who don't post that often, but have a mark of quality about them.

Have a read of this member JAFO ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/771873-pros-cons-and-misunderstandings/

I wrote this about him and the thread was popular in the Forum for a while ...

Sometimes, you come across an excellent post.

Maybe not a post that you might write, but you can still see merit in it.

This post, reproduced (in part) below was unfortunately was buried on page 5 of a popular thread and didn't receive the exposure that it might have if it had been viewed as a stand alone topic.

At the time, I contacted the member and asked if I could reproduce it and frame an OP around it ... he said, no problems ... thanks JAFO ... thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7KD27

JAFO is from the USA but now lives in Thailand, from memory.

Just a thought ...

So are you nominating him or not?