Americans in Thailand warned after release of CIA report

webfact

In response to the guy who seems to take me a bit too seriously about the Walrus Blubber Canadians chew...(ok not all of them)

Both grandparents were Canadian...btw.....

Ancestors arrived in Acadia (Nova Scotia) 1666 on a ship called the "Three Sisters". Grand Pa and Grandma left their home in Trois Rivieres and I am named after a town there....That has a street with my family name.

But I.....thank you lord....am American.

Edited by slipperylobster

I'm a democrat and I don't get the purpose of this either. Americans abroad already have some tough things to deal with. We want to keep our heads intact, yeah?

As Winston Churchill once said, '' The Americans will always do the right thing ---- after exhausting all the alternatives.

Once again the American Govt. tries to strike fear into the minds

of its citizens,at home and abroad,fear of the unknown is a strong

controlling influence.leaving the Govt.to do just about anything it

wants,without complaint.

regards Worgeordie

With all due respect, this isn't the American Government per se. This is the left wing nutcase Democrats who just got their azzes handed to them in the election about a month ago.

This is to score political points, done by one side in an action which should be condemned by all.

And to deflect attention away from Gruber's testimony before congress and an out of control government, IRS, DOJ, Homeland Security etc.

• Like 1

But Israel and it's atrocities is another matter and not for this thread.

But y'all couldn't help yourself, could ya?

Irrational Israel demonization ... it's hard to have any political thread without that ugly OBSESSION rearing it's head.

Why would I not reply . That is silly as none of us can ignore facts and as I said I am NOT anti Semitic either just anti corruption, evil and terrorism. Atrocities by Israel are as real and factual as those other awful atrocities by the USA, UK, ISIS and HAMAS etc (though I have to sympathise with HAMAS as their situation they have been forced into since the end of WWII is intolerable), but I cannot and never will support any terrorism that kills and punishes ordinary innocent folk.

So you suggest we just bury our heads in the sand and ignore facts if we just do not want to hear them ?? That is one of the main causes of the problems we have in this very sick World at the moment. Too much apathy and not accepting truth when it stares you in the face.

Hey leave us out of this,what has the UK done to you ?

Not really a problem. I'm not an American. I'm from Texas.

How sad...I'm an American - from America (USA)

I'm sure you'll be forgiven, it's Gods job.

That's why we have the hymn "God bless America", at times they need it.

Mind you, the English (and also the Dutch and other colonial powers) had it easy. No one looking over their shoulder at that time.

Edited by rubl

In response to the guy who seems to take me a bit too seriously about the Walrus Blubber Canadians chew...(ok not all of them)

Both grandparents were Canadian...btw.....

Ancestors arrived in Acadia (Nova Scotia) 1666 on a ship called the "Three Sisters". Grand Pa and Grandma left their home in Trois Rivieres and I am named after a town there....That has a street with my family name.

But I.....thank you lord....am American.

My people arrived in Lynn, Mass. Colony in 1630 as part of the Puritan Passage. Left for Ontario when the domestic terrorists took over in the 1780's. With forefathers like them little surprise how things turned out down there.

Yo no hablo ingles.

That's kind of funny.

I was scoping out some hard core Arabic restaurants a few weeks ago and I was aggressively approached with the question: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

I really didn't know what to say.

Should I have called my embassy for guidance?

I speak Spanish. I've often used it when someone asks that question. Especially cops. The look on their faces has always been priceless. They are expecting English, and have no clue what Spanish sounds like or where it is spoken.

• Like 1

"Osama" Obama and his left-wing cronies should be charged with treason, after placing not only "active CIA operatives" but ordinary Americans in danger through the release of this material.

and the oversimplification award goes to...you

• Like 1

The NewYork times has an interesting article on this topic

"White House and Republicans Clash Over C.I.A. Torture Report

By MARK LANDLER and PETER BAKER

DEC. 8, 2014

WASHINGTON — With the long-awaited Senate report on the use of torture by the United States government — a detailed account that will shed an unsparing light on the Central Intelligence Agency’s darkest practices after the September 2001 terrorist attacks — set to be released Tuesday, the Obama administration and its Republican critics clashed over the wisdom of making it public, and the risk that it will set off a backlash overseas."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/us/politics/white-house-and-gop-clash-over-torture-report.html

Yes, leave it to our wonderful liberal Democrats to scatter information that should be in-house (even if true) all over the world and put Americans in danger.

Those cobras would kill their own mothers to score a political point.

It is true. & Americans put themselves in danger by lunatic Foreign Politics. Not because of the democrats.

• Like 2

Yo no hablo ingles.

That's kind of funny.

I was scoping out some hard core Arabic restaurants a few weeks ago and I was aggressively approached with the question: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

i get this a lot when i goto vietnam

The NewYork times has an interesting article on this topic

"White House and Republicans Clash Over C.I.A. Torture Report

By MARK LANDLER and PETER BAKER

DEC. 8, 2014

WASHINGTON — With the long-awaited Senate report on the use of torture by the United States government — a detailed account that will shed an unsparing light on the Central Intelligence Agency’s darkest practices after the September 2001 terrorist attacks — set to be released Tuesday, the Obama administration and its Republican critics clashed over the wisdom of making it public, and the risk that it will set off a backlash overseas."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/us/politics/white-house-and-gop-clash-over-torture-report.html

Yes, leave it to our wonderful liberal Democrats to scatter information that should be in-house (even if true) all over the world and put Americans in danger.

Those cobras would kill their own mothers to score a political point.

Any chance one fine day the USA will recognize the International Court (in The Hague) as most civilized countries do? Or is making more global enemies the goal?

Yo no hablo ingles.

That's kind of funny.

i get this a lot when i goto vietnam

Understandably coffee1.gif

Anyway, what is this pseudo 'septic' rant doing in the 'news forum' now it's turned, yet again, into a U.S we are the World. The similarity to the denizens of Thailand hasn't escaped me bah.gif

just say your canadian end of..everyone likes them....or wear a t-shirt in thai saying your a mute...

American backpakers in late 1970's ago would sew a Canadian Flag onto their clothing and backpacks, they were against the War in VietNam...true I seen many Thai's wearing the Red White and Blue..with stars and strips...and for me wore a Russian Hammer and Chicle red shirt with yellow lettering during Canada Day...pure Canadian would be First Nations..Asians whom came before the split up in America's.

I see tourist on motor scooters doubled up whom have learn North AMERICA Rules of the Road... tourist must know...the Rules of Driving in Thailand is THAT There is no Rules..

Edited by Rooo
Font