Christmas Songs - Little Known or Heard

pgrahmm

Greg Lake performs his 1975 classic "I Believe in Father Christmas" filmed live at St. Bride's Church, Fleet Street, in the City of London with Jethro Tull' s Ian Anderson on flute, David Arch on keyboards, Florian Opahle on acoustic guitar and the church choir.

• Like 1

There is one really beautiful Christmas song I have been looking for, I last heard it about twenty years ago, it starts ' On Christmas eve I went a walking.

Out beyond the city gate.

Just to get a fresh young pheasant.

For my darlings Christmas plate.

It was recorded by George Hamilton IV. Anyone know it?

Page 2 - Any song that's about kissin' her under her Mistletoe gets my attention - and my vote......

Merry Christmas Baby - Christmas bluesy style

mqdefault.jpg

'If Every Day was like Christmas'. Elvis.

Sorry....Elvis just looks fat...and like, he died on a toilet. But great songs.

Yeah...he abused himself and we lost a great talent....not the "best" singer...but one of his greatest gifts was conveying the feelings of a song...in all genres.....don't know that I've ever seen/heard an equal....Graceland was worth it if only just to see the gold records....

Pgrohmm. Elvis was the best singer, only Roy Orbison came close to him. Elvis was capable of singing opera, and that is fact, not an opinion. I am not saying he is another Pavarotti. If you can, listen to him singing 'Santa Lucia'.

Although I am computer literate, I do not know how to put a video up, If I can find out how to do it, I will put 'Santa Lucia up.

Pgrohmm. Elvis was the best singer, only Roy Orbison came close to him. Elvis was capable of singing opera, and that is fact, not an opinion. I am not saying he is another Pavarotti. If you can, listen to him singing 'Santa Lucia'.

Although I am computer literate, I do not know how to put a video up, If I can find out how to do it, I will put 'Santa Lucia up.

You are preaching to the choir there possum....saw him a few times...almost met him through a mutual friend but they couldn't find me.....serious doubt you could find a song of his I haven't heard.....fortunately &

unfortunately we have very similar voices and resonance...I'm sure listening to him year after year also helped....he was the biggest mega star - still is in my book....

• Like 1

http://thewizardofrockandroll.blogspot.com/2014/12/silent-night-1977-roy-orbison-johnny.html

Santa and The Wizard has seen all these great entertainers on stage LIVE
at one time or another during his life and their careers , Johnny Cash wasn't always so
Holy , he was always a great entertainer , very rare footage, it is incredible how much TV Shows have been saved for posterity...with Roy Orbison , Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis !!!!!
post-35854-0-41606900-1419215602_thumb.j
post-35854-0-53128300-1419215653.jpg
Edited by TheWizardofRnR

I have found the recording of a beautiful little know or heard Christmas song. I found it on youtube. It is 'The Little Grave' sung by George Hamilton IV who died recently. I met him backstage at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, and again at a concert in Glasgow.

If anyone can tell me how to upload it on to this thread, I will try and do it.