What are you favourite bars in Bangkok?

Andy2310

I use the Royal Oak in soi 33 at Sukhumvit - food and drink good and used by farang and Thai alike. They have quiz night on Wednesday night, if you are in to that.The ladies serving are friendly and offer good service.

Sadly it is now defunct but there was a small beer bar on Patpong 2 which fronted a small gogo bar inside. Back in my tourist days I was staying nearby and it was our 'local' I was a daily visitor to the bar.

Going to the bog one afternoon I was accosted by a teen beauty with whom I'd been chatting to on a daily basis, she then bent me over her knee and roundly spanked with a bit of foam pipe lagging.....

I still have 'happy memories' of that place and lassie who I took on a weeks holiday to Samui....why didn't I marry her instead???

You just don't get service like that these days anymore....Oh I long for the Bangkok of the 1990s...

The regulars make the bar. It's not the building or the food or the staff or the decor, it's the regulars who hang out there and make a community out of the bar. I like a bar that I can go to by myself any day of the week, and there's someone hanging out there who is worth having a chat with. The trouble with almost all the bars in Bangkok is that you have to go there with your friends: If you go alone, then you will sit alone, and probably not socialize.

Fatty's over on Dindaeng is perfect for that. You can grab a table with your friends, or you can have a seat at the bar anytime, and there will be the talkative regulars already engaged in conversation. The food is great and the drinks are cheap, but I really don't care about that. It's the community at Fatty's that makes it worth frequenting.

Sadly it is now defunct but there was a small beer bar on Patpong 2 which fronted a small gogo bar inside. Back in my tourist days I was staying nearby and it was our 'local' I was a daily visitor to the bar.

Going to the bog one afternoon I was accosted by a teen beauty with whom I'd been chatting to on a daily basis, she then bent me over her knee and roundly spanked with a bit of foam pipe lagging.....

I still have 'happy memories' of that place and lassie who I took on a weeks holiday to Samui....why didn't I marry her instead???

You just don't get service like that these days anymore....Oh I long for the Bangkok of the 1990s...

Good thing she was spanking you. In my experience I find, every time I start out to do a spanking, I get them over my knee, raise my hand, look down, & somehow forget what I was going to do. Next thing I know, 1 hour and 1000 baht are gone & I have never worked out where. 5555

Edited by The Deerhunter

So much depends on what you are looking for. Beer? Falang bullshit? Serious chat? Sports? Girl chat? Girl chat+? Food?

Beer Garden has a bit of all these, but the beer is limited and no longer cheap and the food is carp! My Thai wife likes it too. Find me a Beer Garden with a good choice of beers, some cheap draughts to keep a broad base of customers (not everyone is prepared to pay 70 baht for a beer lao) and great food and I'd be in seventh heaven!

Never tried the ThaiV bar - must be full of fights as ThaiV warriors find themselves sitting next to their, previously only virtual, nemesesbiggrin.png

[Yep 47HAN, I used to love Morning Night when I was a single bloke. Yep The Plant - even only 20 years ago BKK bars seemed more outrageous, but maybe that's because I'm only a hansum man in off-season now!]

On Sukhumvit Soi 11 - Oskar Bar / Restaurant, Marshmallow Bar, Above 11, Nest, Apoteka

In Silom - Maggie Choo's, Smalls

Thonglor - Apoteka, Seenspace, Iron Faeries

Sukhumvit Soi 22 - Overground, Titanium, No Idea

Sukhumvit Soi 14 - Black Swan Pub, Hemingway's

And around some of those areas / venues there are other good places with names I've forgotten.

It really depends though on your age and what your idea of a good place is.

The trouble with almost all the bars in Bangkok is that you have to go there with your friends: If you go alone, then you will sit alone, and probably not socialize.

\quote]

Yes this, it seems to be quite common here for people venture out drinking alone. Back in the UK people would consider this strange. This is fine sometimes as I enjoy resting up with a beer and doing some people watching but it gets boring/lonely after a while.

I guess I'm just looking for a nice bar with good beer and service to meet some new farang friends with similar interests and age etc but being in my 20s I'm usually one of if not the youngest person in the bar.

Edited by Andy2310

I use the Royal Oak in soi 33 at Sukhumvit - food and drink good and used by farang and Thai alike. They have quiz night on Wednesday night, if you are in to that.The ladies serving are friendly and offer good service.

This is my favorite pub as well. But - it is fairly cliquish - a good place to be a regular, but perhaps a bit cold to strangers.

One thing for sure - you could walk up and down Sukhumvit Soi 33 until your shoes wore out, and you would NEVER find it - because it is not on Soi 33 - it is on Soi 33/1 - about 150 meters from Soi 33. Robin Hood on the corner, then the Dubliner Pub another 30 meters into the Soi, and then - 50 meters farther into the Soi, the Royal Oak Pub - at the site formerly occupied by the Bulls Head Pub.

Brewdog Punk IPA on draft - that's what brings me in.

MS

I used to drink at On Nut market but since they got rid of the pool tables, most of my friends moved to Hillary 2 in Nana so that's where I go.

Good pool tables, good company, lousy pick up area, lousy food, expensive drinks after happy hour.

The Rock Pub (“Bangkok’s House of Rock”). My number one pub.

The Saxophone, with Blues on Friday and Saturday nights, Jazz on weeknights.

Apoteka, Suk soi 11, Blues. Nice venue. The Rock Pub (“Bangkok’s House of Rock”). My number one pub.

The Saxophone, with Blues on Friday and Saturday nights, Jazz on weeknights.

Apoteka, Suk soi 11, Blues. Nice venue.