Snazzy Police flashlight

WhamBam

Watching the police from my balcony just now, the are using a blue flashlight that flashes at high speed to flag down motorcyclists.

9 p.m. at night and they are getting quite a few 'customers'.

Inspecting their bikes and documentation by torchlight too.

I was out last night and the BIB scooter checkpoints were going full force.

Don't forget, high season also applies to the BIB. That's when they get a higher percentage of two-week millionaires riding around with no helmet and/or no license to extort their tea money from.

In the rest of the year a higher proportion of the falang they stop are more likely to be residents with a license.

But to be fair, I did note they were stopping everybody including Thais, and including the Pizza delivery dude who thought he was exempt but a BIB risked life and limb to jump in his way. This was at the underpass on 3rd Road.

• Like 1

Don't forget, high season also applies to the BIB. That's when they get a higher percentage of two-week millionaires riding around with no helmet and/or no license to extort their tea money from.

In the rest of the year a higher proportion of the falang they stop are more likely to be residents with a license.

But to be fair, I did note they were stopping everybody including Thais, and including the Pizza delivery dude who thought he was exempt but a BIB risked life and limb to jump in his way. This was at the underpass on 3rd Road.

They like hanging out at that underpass. I was coming back to Jomtien from Pattaya a week or so ago at 2:00AM. They were thick as thieves even then.

Thanks.

• Like 1

About time the start enforcing the traffic laws. Plenty of maniacs on the Rd. I never have a problem and when i get pulled over occasionally they are polite and efficient. Just wished they got rid of the thousand buses. This place is getting pollution and traffic jam capital. MS>

• Like 1

Including the pizza delivery guy? These are desperate times.

Where exactly in Patts?

Down Soi Arunothai, past Nirun condo turn right heading to where they built those new shop houses. On the corner, everyone has to slow right down for a 90 degree left and 90 degree right.

There are regular stops behind the new shop houses too.

I was stopped on Pattaya 2nd road last week.

400 Baht for not carrying my licence which was back in the condo. No ifs, no buts. Not carrying the licence was a fine at the police station.

Now the licence stays with the m/c under the seat.

About time the start enforcing the traffic laws. Plenty of maniacs on the Rd. I never have a problem and when i get pulled over occasionally they are polite and efficient. Just wished they got rid of the thousand buses. This place is getting pollution and traffic jam capital. MS>

If only it had anything to do with enforcing traffic laws.

It's a cash machine, nothing more.

If only it had anything to do with enforcing traffic laws.

It's a cash machine, nothing more.

I suspect it's not that either... probably enforcing the anti-drug dealing laws.

• Like 1