7/11 Supermarket, just me or you to ...

ronthai

Please tell me which 7/11 .... I'll pay you for the info .... I just want to drive there and try it myself ...coffee1.gif

then we can compare prices each day and compete to see who saves the most at the end of the week !!!!

Edited by steven100

Some times feel embarrass for long que waiting behing me a staff turning the paper around to get the machine even type in the number if cannot get the beep sound.--BKungbank

-----------------------------------------------------------

My local 7-11 uses up to four checkouts.........Unless it gets really busy.........then they use one................coffee1.gif

Just chat with the other three if they arent buried in their phones, Im sure theyll be doing almost nothing

Some times feel embarrass for long que waiting behing me a staff turning the paper around to get the machine even type in the number if cannot get the beep sound.--BKungbank

My local 7-11 uses up to four checkouts.........Unless it gets really busy.........then they use one................coffee1.gif

Just chat with the other three if they arent buried in their phones, Im sure theyll be doing almost nothing

mmmm, and savor the smell of the hot dogs being grilled right under your nose!

Nauseating!

they have tomato juice new brand on special 18 baht each or two for 25 baht.

twice now at two different shops i have been charged and paid full price and on query both times they redid the scanning and charging and fixed it to what it should be >25 baht for 2 carton boxes. try and see.

i must be lucky, when i pick up 3 bottles of water they say instead of 14 baht each, get 2 for 20 but I live in a very upscale neighborhood .......

LOL

So true

But to be fair they'll be five stacking shelves

seems this not giving the displayed discount is an organised scam.

they got ham sausage display discounted from 42baht to38 baht. while i was waiting for them from the wave i was checking the receipt. when they saw me doing this they distracted me by calling me for not any good reason. yeah thats right i didnt check the receipt till i got home and yeah i didnt get the displayed discount. there were many things on the receipt and a did get the free 2 for 1 ichitan, but just sucks that they do this "not give the discount" knowingly and frequently.

discount are displayed under the subtotal on the receipt.

edit: the four CP ham sausages were very good.smile.png

Edited by Canta Slaus

There appears to be an entirely overlooked farang demographic here in Thailand; those that do their daily shopping ONLY at the local 7-eleven. These members must have limited mobility inasmuch as they aren't complaining about lack of parking for their Fortuner on their almost daily forays to Big C Extra so they must be walk-in types. It is a pity that they haven't worked out that convenience store shopping isn't known for being the most economical model with regard to the consumer regardless if the shop or franchise is running a scam or otherwise or even in Thailand for that matter.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

has you factored in all the costs of driving to the out of town big supers?

nearest big super for me is about 5 km. plus i dont have transport. so there is also the hand carry factor. did go to a bigC recently for the first time and was stunned to pay just 5,25 baht for the big waters that i usually pay in the high teens for. but the check out chick were stunned too.

main reason i havent been to bigC before is that other bigC insist on being concerned with my backpack. same with macro.

but tesco lotus , tops, and 7/11 let you and your backpack in without harassment so those are the super i chose when it is convenient.

Edited by Canta Slaus

nearest big super for me is about 5 km. plus i dont have transport. so there is also the hand carry factor. did go to a bigC recently for the first time and was stunned to pay just 5,25 baht for the big waters that i usually pay in the high teens for. but the check out chick were stunned too.

main reason i havent been to bigC before is that other bigC insist on being concerned with my backpack. same with macro.

but tesco lotus , tops, and 7/11 let you and your backpack in without harassment so those are the super i chose when it is convenient.

I do like your avatar, btw.

You have already seen how your 'big waters' have been hiked maybe 300% and it is still beyond a once-weekly motorcycle taxi or song thaew ride for the other considerable savings? You may even be able to get a local mc taxi guy to do your shopping for you and still have some extra baht after paying him for the deed.

Big C, like most supermarkets, has a policy regarding bags and backpacks and provide a safe and secure bag repository for your backpack. Tote your purchases in plastic bags as far as the bag repository, transfer your goodies to the backpack and off you go.

7-eleven isn't a 'super'.