Motorists in bliss as Thai fuel prices hit new low

webfact

Motorists in bliss as fuel prices hit new low

BURIRAM, 17 Dec 2014 (NNT) - The recently adjusted fuel prices have livened up fuel consumption scenes nationwide. Meanwhile, majority of the residents have put their faith in the Government in addressing the economic problems.

Vehicles owners in Buriram have gathered at nearest gas stations to fill up their vehicles as the major petroleum producers announced the drop in Benzene and Diesel prices yesterday, sparking lively atmospheres at various petrol stations in the province.

They shared the same view that the new round of fuel price reduction would greatly lift their financial burdens, while expressing their confidence in the Government’s ability in tackling the economic issues of the Kingdom.

Elsewhere in Uthai Thani Province, commuters yesterday brought their vehicles to fill up the gas throughout the day, the same as agricultural operators who needs Diesel fuel for their equipment.

Similarly in Ang Thong and Songkhla Provinces, residents lined up at petrol stations to fill up their cars’ and motorbikes’ gas tanks. Gas station operators are expecting the scene to continue all the way until the New Year when commuters often go on road trips.

Majority of the commuters have expressed their joy for the new gas prices which have dropped to the lowest level in the recent years.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-17 footer_n.gif

What a wonderful piece of propaganda from the Government's mouthpiece.

Can you imagine these petrol station parties with all the attendees praising the Government?

Can you imagine if it was the last ruling party? Fuel prices would have gone up by at least 30% with 25% going into their pockets.

Edited by Rumble
  • Like 1

Can you imagine these petrol station parties with all the attendees praising the Government?

Should be worth a few extra percentage points when the next popularity poll is released by the Community Happiness Association.

Slump in international oil prices, what slump ?

This is all down to a caring PM and his New Year gift..

If it wasn't indicative of a disturbing ignorance on geopolitics and economics, this story would illicit a chuckle.

Is it possible that people who can presumably read and write and have the intelligence to negotiate motor vehicles, actually come to these conclusions?

I am reassured, that in all likelihood, the story is not true and is just some propaganda. But the urge to have a giggle has now past and a more perplexing question arises.

Which demographic is this piece designed to influence? Does such a demographic exist? If it does, the world is even a more dangerous place than I have hitherto come to conclude.

Edited by Christie Paul

Vehicles owners in Buriram

Most vehicle owners in Buri Ram will have about as much knowledge of the fall in the price of oil on the world markets as they do about quantum physics.

All hail the general.

Well actually I had quite an lengthy conversation with a local from Buri Ram about quantum physics recently and we had a really good time. He also touched on the obvious government propaganda regarding the drop in fuel prices and how none of the residents are falling for it and no one is "partying" at the pumps.

• Like 1

You are not serious. Arn't you?

This government and all the free world's government are just lucky to enjoy the breakdown of crude oil by 40 percent in few weeks.

It has nothing to do with government's well doing.

The common people don't understand it. But you?

Can you imagine if it was the last ruling party? Fuel prices would have gone up by at least 30% with 25% going into their pockets.

You do realise that one of the things that Thaksin was criticized for was subsidizing fuel?!? One of the many things he did which are labeled as "populist" even though they did actually benefit the majority.

I left for New Zealand on the 5th Dec and the prices were still what they were when oil was over $100 barrel.

I bet there is no real reduction to the price of diesel and petrol. The petrol company's are making a fortune, where is the government when this needs to be controled.

More rich people got richer. Diesel in NZ has come down more than 40 cents lt since I was last here in June.

Reading all this no one has put what the price is now.

Right, so the world oil price is falling, and Thais are happy with the drop in petrol and gasoline prices.

What they should do is, subsidise petrol and diesel when the world oil price goes up. That way, people in Thailand will have cheap petrol for the long-term, and they will be happy.

But before ALL of us start cheering on the massive drop in crude oil prices, well, we have to bear in mind a few things. The drop in crude oil prices means that lots of the shale oil production in America is now almost non-profit making. Some of those shale oil operations might go into bankruptcy. Also, the share prices of British Petroleum (BP) and Royal Dutch Shell are falling. Lots of people have shares or pension plans that are linked to BP and Shell, so it's not good news for everybody. Are you American ? Have you got shares or a pension linked to Chevron or Exxon Mobil ?

But a bit more scary is, is Russia. Russia is losing loads from the fall in oil prices.
Russia might panick, the rouble might carry on falling, and with NATO laughing at Russia's economic collapse, well, Moscow might hit the panic button. The Russian government might go-ahead with an invasion of the Ukraine. And that's very bad news for all of us.

>>The Russian government might go-ahead with an invasion of the Ukraine. And that's very bad news for all of us.>>

Why ? let them have it .It was part of the Russian Federation anyway ,up until quite recently .Why is the US getting involved in something that has nothing to do with them ? As usual .

I was not following all this, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Yesterday, we loaded our bicycles on the car rack and drove up to Doi Ang Khan, way up North on the border. Our gas was a bit low, but I knew it was a downhill run coming back, and we would make it to Highway 107. We expected to pay about 1300 to fill the tank, as usual. My wife handed the attendant 1000 baht. When I asked her why she did not fill the tank, she replied..."Don't you read the news...the gas is cheaper now."

Yes....I personally appreciate lower prices on gas...a big part of my budget. Never mind politics. A good deal is a good deal. Who cares about the details.... We cannot change them anyways.