Hospice type accomodation in Chiang Mai

davehowden

First off sorry if this topic is covered elsewhere, but I have not found it.

I have a farang friend who may be in need of some sheltered type accommodation, primarily to see that they eat properly and generally take care of themselves.

They are on a lot of medication as a result of a recent operation, and fall asleep at the drop of a hat, or can go all night without sleeping due to the pain involved.

Alternatively some sort of home help, live in is probably best, as things may need sorting out during the night.

Any serious suggestions are welcome please.

Many thanks

Yes, there are options available locally. Certainly either McKean Rehabilitation Center or Dok Kaew Assisted Living. They're next to each other -- McKean can provide nursing home level of care while Dok Kaew is for people who are more independent. Also, it's possible to arrange in-home care in Chiang Mai, but that can take some time to arrange and can actually be more expensive than staying at McKean/Dok Kaew, depending upon someone's needs.

PM me for the mobile phone numbers of the English-language administrators at McKean and Dok Kaew or [email protected] or call the LCN phone number of 085.709.8801 to discuss these options, plus in-home options.

Care Resort is out near Mae Rim. I don't know if they're able to provide hospice-type services. I think it's intended more as sheltered living for the elderly, but a phone call or email to check out their capabilities would be easy enough. The owner, Peter is very responsive to inquiries.

Edited by NancyL

Care Resort is out near Mae Rim. I don't know if they're able to provide hospice-type services. I think it's intended more as sheltered living for the elderly, but a phone call or email to check out their capabilities would be easy enough. The owner, Peter is very responsive to inquiries.

The reason I put them up was the below info on their website. Found several assisted living sites but didn't really fit the OPs request.

Short-Term Stay

Events occur in life where some short term care in a luxury resort can be very welcome

Recuperation

After an illness, accident or an operation an extra level of care may be required. Where better to relax and recuperate than Care Resort Chiang Mai with on-site nursing and carers

• Like 1

Oh yes, Care Resort is definitely worth checking out. It's a work-in-progress on the transition from being a conventional resort (Away Suansawan) to a senior living facility (Care Resort) The owner is British and very easy to contact by phone or email to see what services they currently offer. The facilities are nice -- plusher than Dok Kaew. But, if someone needs access to hospice care, then McKean would be a better choice since there are doctors on duty and much more experience with end-of-life care.

Edited by NancyL

Oh yes, Care Resort is definitely worth checking out. It's a work-in-progress on the transition from being a conventional resort (Away Suansawan) to a senior living facility (Care Resort) The owner is British and very easy to contact by phone or email to see what services they currently offer. The facilities are nice -- plusher than Dok Kaew.

but just a few months ago on a thread, u were posting the opposite appraisals of care resort, out in the boonies, poor occupancy levels etc etc

nice to see u have taken my views on board (same thread) care resort has a lot to offer

a lovely evening to allbiggrin.png

Oh yes, Care Resort is definitely worth checking out. It's a work-in-progress on the transition from being a conventional resort (Away Suansawan) to a senior living facility (Care Resort) The owner is British and very easy to contact by phone or email to see what services they currently offer. The facilities are nice -- plusher than Dok Kaew. But, if someone needs access to hospice care, then McKean would be a better choice since there are doctors on duty and much more experience with end-of-life care.

I believe the starting price was about 44,000 baht. Yes it has great amenities but the cost is not cheap. I looked it up and was impressed but it is defiantly not a cheap place. Yes they are working towards a definite care center.

Oh yes, Care Resort is definitely worth checking out. It's a work-in-progress on the transition from being a conventional resort (Away Suansawan) to a senior living facility (Care Resort) The owner is British and very easy to contact by phone or email to see what services they currently offer. The facilities are nice -- plusher than Dok Kaew.

but just a few months ago on a thread, u were posting the opposite appraisals of care resort, out in the boonies, poor occupancy levels etc etc

All I was saying is that it's worth calling Care Resort in this situation to see what they could offer the OP -- my original observations still stand and aren't especially relevant in this situation.