Thai school to compensate family for running over boy after dropping him at home

webfact

Good god, what a monkey! How the fark do you hit a child that you have just dropped off???

Don't be too harsh on the driver

Little kids have a habit of running very fast to get home

If you sit in the front of these vans you cant see anything close to you

I know it's too much to expect professionalism in this country. However, the dude just had to drop the child off at his house and watch him walk through the gate. But that seems to be too much to ask. Honestly, Thais drive like maniacs for what purpose?? Have you ever taken a walk in the street? Thais are never in a hurry, unless there is a 2 for 1 sale on at Starbucks.

Good god, what a monkey! How the fark do you hit a child that you have just dropped off???

Don't be too harsh on the driver

Little kids have a habit of running very fast to get home

If you sit in the front of these vans you cant see anything close to you

I know it's too much to expect professionalism in this country. However, the dude just had to drop the child off at his house and watch him walk through the gate. But that seems to be too much to ask. Honestly, Thais drive like maniacs for what purpose?? Have you ever taken a walk in the street? Thais are never in a hurry, unless there is a 2 for 1 sale on at Starbucks.

Minibus drivers are always in a hurry and always very selfish.

They drive full speed in reverse in moobaans where almost all houses have kids and dogs. That's asking for accidents. Also the kids will think it's normal to drive like that which is a very bad example for them.

Thank god the kid was ok. A few inches to the left and he'd have been killed.

I liked two things. First, they didn't run away. Second, they ran back very fast and concerned and showed the child a lot of attention and affection. (Even though perhaps dangerous medically.)

Isn't it rather sad to find oneself attempting to heap praise for something that should be obligatory? Unfortunately I didn't see any concern from the driver, who was the last on the scene and would be better served poking rice in paddy. The one running back was the nanny from the side of the road, who, stupidly, yanks the kid up. Just dead brains all around I'm afraid.

I liked two things. First, they didn't run away. Second, they ran back very fast and concerned and showed the child a lot of attention and affection. (Even though perhaps dangerous medically.)

It's very fortunate that the child wasn't badly injured.

Yes and no thanks to the driver. Who is either blind or was simply not looking where he was driving. And let's be clear about this it took the driver a long time to stop. What was he doing? Sending an SMS, calling someone on his phone, playing a video game what?

It is all very well the school paying up but what about the driver. In the UK or anywhere else in the civilized he would now be facing charges of driving without due care and attention.

So, was the 4yo dropped on the side of the road? or put in the care of an adult? or a responsible person?

In my job (taxi driver for disabled people) we have a duty of care to ensure the passenger is left in the care of a responsible person. To this end I had to sit with a customer for 20 minutes outside the basketball on Saturday as her carer was late arriving.

I would not want to be the last kid on your bus I would not get home until midnight

But you would get home alive.