Bloody hell! Another Family Mart!

It is amazing the number of new mini stores opening and under construction here in Phuket. They're like <deleted>...everyone's got one. It seems every month a new one pops up just where you never expected. This is what economists call a perfectly competitive business i.e.profit margins are minimal as no shop can charge more for any item than any other. I wonder too are they built on a whim or a proper analysis of demographics? The same goes for the increasing number of condos, mostly very unsightly and looking like cell blocks and built in the most inconvenient places. Does Phuket have a Town Planning department?

• Like 1

Obviously, they must be making some kind of profit, otherwise they wouldn't be there and more counting.

A lot of Thais are getting really lazy to walk. I have seen many who take their motorbike just to drive 100m to their nearest 7-11.

So the more stores squeeze into the same area, it'll only cannibalize each other's revenue. But the population is also slowly rising, so they should also slowly be making a bit more margin according to the population growth.

Obviously, they must be making some kind of profit, otherwise they wouldn't be there and more counting.

A lot of Thais are getting really lazy to walk. I have seen many who take their motorbike just to drive 100m to their nearest 7-11.

So the more stores squeeze into the same area, it'll only cannibalize each other's revenue. But the population is also slowly rising, so they should also slowly be making a bit more margin according to the population growth.

Nope they arent making that much profit. Thais just dont have business sense

I saw this yesterday, in Nathon....along the water front, I wondered what is was about.... perhaps 7-11 workers demonstrating about too much competition??

or unions workers going on strike! ?

Perhaps Mole could translate! ???...whistling.gif

Xmas%20OZ%20and%20Sea%20Dec%2017-0427.jp

The first placard says "Consider the 7-11 company franchise fully please"

The second placard says "If you have 5 million baht to invest franchise a 7-11"

Guess it's advertising franchises.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Talking of Family Marts, anyone know why the Family Mart near the temple in Bophut has a black sign?

And why do some 7/11 and Family Marts not sell alcohol (apart from the ones in gas stations)?

Close to schools and the University (on the road to Chaweng Beach) stores are not allowed to sell alcohol and tobacco – cannot remember how many meters away, but think it’s around 200.

• Like 1

You've got the translations wrong!

First says: "We have full turn key solution".

Second: "Invest only 5 hundred thousand" then there's another "bobble" partially covered by pickup lights "1 million in deposit".

Yep, one ZERO too many on my translation.

DOH!

That's why I asked Mole! tongue.png

I vote for the leader of the pack though since Rooo made this a contest ! thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

The seventh 7/11 is now under construction in Kamala Beach. [/quote

Family Marts are cheaper franchised than 7/11

Wonder who shall build first on this oil rig

Maybe a floating one for fishing boats

Why no drive throws

Edited by BigC