ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

really folks, isn't it time we put the ... insults against a certain member's family to bed? Enough said! Move on!

JT, on this, we wholehearted agree ... thumbsup.gif.

That was so sleazy, dude.

I've had enough.

You do not have the right to edit posts to radically change the meaning.

If you are going to continue to play dirty tricks like this, and setup a fake conflict that I agree with you in your fake conflict with NancyL, yes, you have forced me to respond to you.

You have finally succeeded in basically forcing me to respond to your relentless troll baiting. Not to defend myself, but to defend NancyL as I REFUSE to be USED by you to attack her!

Congratulations. I guess if you can't win the contest AGAIN this year (you still might) at least you succeeded in SMOKING me out.

You've clearly been trying for a very long time so I've got to hand it to you.

JT ... give it a break.

Everyone, including me, are asking to give it, the hostilities, a break.

This is supposed to be a bit of light-hearted fun traditionally held over the Christmas Break.

Sadly, and I am partly to blame, have let the Forum down in that regards, and for that, I do apologise.

Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done.

• Like 1

Some decent posters still around today, no doubt, but the real interesting niks have either been banned or jumped ship many moons ago.

It's been all downhill since they banned "The Gentleman" - the guy who claimed to be in the SAS - back in 2004. tongue.png

Was he banned or did he simply flounce? I recall he had some health problems and his real estate business went tits up there in Phuket so he moved to Bangkok and then disappeared. He was really fun to wind up though!laugh.png

Whatever happened to Thaiquilia? Another real fun poster who shifted over from The Bear Pit.

Well Gentleman, as much fun and this morning interlude has been.

The Boxing Day Cricket test is on soon.

The sales starts today and there is a Whipper Snipper (weed-wacker) for sale at a good price that I need.

... and later today, the Sydney to Hobart kicks off.

There is the house cleaning to do, but I'm trying to put that off till tomorrow ... facepalm.gif

Enjoy the Day ... Happy Polling

Well Gentleman, as much fun and this morning interlude has been.

The Boxing Day Cricket test is on soon.

The sales starts today and there is a Whipper Snipper (weed-wacker) for sale at a good price that I need.

... and later today, the Sydney to Hobart kicks off.

There is the house cleaning to do, but I'm trying to put that off till tomorrow ... facepalm.gif

Enjoy the Day ... Happy Polling

post-54430-0-40936100-1419547706_thumb.j

• Like 1

I think your actions were quite clever, when ND did the same for the Cat, we were outmanoeuvred, you had a much stronger base in your particular area than we did, I would suggest it goes in eras, this would not have been the case in the past. However, what is done is done, it is a two horse race, I wish you both luck, I guess you both wanted it more than the rest, and remember, me and ND did it with a smile.

Merry Christmas, particularly to the unbelievers

Moss von Whatever

Moss, I do believe that the patsy appeals went out before the JT Plea....but I can't be bothered checking....not that it matters but probably had something to do with JT's actions.

ND

I had every intention of doing a campaign for the Cat, you just beat me to it, so I went along with it, I really do wish we had succeeded, we both had to wait a nomination.

I do also believe we both meant it as a laugh, not the sorry episode it has turned in to, I have tried to stop the momentum, but people are seeing things on both sides that just are not there.

Smokes I hold you to blame, buy me a beer next time we meet, and tell me some lies, only then will I forgive you.

Von Tichocsteinwhatever

• Like 2

Stop the bickering, calm down and go and get some sleep or whatever you need to do to chill out guys; just stay out of this topic until you can all be civil or you may find yourselves on a forced vacation.

Thanks.

Happy new year to you noiseguy !

Not see you much around...pity. All the best healthy wealth and happiness to you.

Don't sleep dude the krikket is on....watch the ozzies smash the jinglies.....although they're looking good imo.

???

?

• Like 1

You see ChaingMaiBob CMBob ... as this is your first or a rare post on this thread, the odds are very high that you never saw what was originally wrote.

How can you comment on what you have not read?.

As others have mentioned the phenomenon of "geez, it must be true because somebody said it", you should maybe avoid saying I didn't read something when you have no idea whatsoever that what you're saying is true or not. Although I feel somewhat embarrassed to admit it, for some reason I "urled" (if that's the correct word) this thread and have read all the comments from the beginning.

But you are right that I haven't posted often in this thread let alone any other thread on TV (and that's by choice and having other priorities in life). But I don't buy your implied proposition that one's postings are more or less credible based on the quantity of posts; in fact, I think the inverse proposition is occasionally true.

• Like 1

Final week of campaigning, Now that the muds been slung and the bloods been spilt. The real poster of the year shall rise from the ashes.

Who's it gonna be?

Of course if there is more mud and blood to upcoming, that's even better. I suggest a cage match between Doubtfire and Jinger.

Personally I found in a lot of fun. Anyone who took it seriously belongs in another room.

Well, guess the top three or four candidates need to sign in to their Agoda account then.

Along with all the childish "men" who have posted inane nonsense in hundreds of posts (each) in just five days.

Life is much, much too short.

Come on Costas and David48 supporters, your horses are out of the race, time to switch to NancyL and make sure JT doesn't win. He's insufferable as it is, winning this would lift him to a whole new level of smugness.

May I remind you that Costas is still in the running and above the fray.

He has never held a kitten upside down, has respected the sanctity of the family, is the champion of sheep all over the world, and will improve the quality of kebabs in Thailand. What other candidate can say all that?

• Like 2

He has never held a kitten upside down, has respected the sanctity of the family, is the champion of sheep all over the world, and will improve the quality of kebabs in Thailand. What other candidate can say all that?

But, isn't he Greek? blink.png

But, isn't he Greek? blink.png

He also abuses Badgers

As a relative newcomer to this forum I must say I find this "competition" and some of the comments in this thread rather childish and immature, but the fact that one of the candidates feels it necessary to start a dedicated thread to pathetically grovel for votes just marks him out as someone who has effectively proved himself unworthy of the title he desperately seeks due to the very nature of that offensive and very unsporting thread.

Its his Milliband moment.

At least three of the top 4 members on the poll have been groveling for votes, since it started. I'm not sure why you feel the need to point the finger at one specifically.

If you can post a link to any unsporting vote begging threads started by the other candidates then I would be grateful and in a position to point more fingers.

Until then I stand by my post stating the unworthiness of a candidate who begs for winning votes purely on the premise that he doesn't like second place.

Edited by MUSTYJACK