ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Good people tend to take what they see at face value Nancy. Your comments, which were entirely appropriate in this internet age weren't even seen by most posters. They don't like to believe that some superficially amiable person would make accusations with no merit about you, so " a lie gets half way round the world while the truth is putting on its shoes".. But the scales are falling from their eyes Nancy.

JT's got it in the bag. Not sure why there's a David / Costas debate.

The social worker's power hungry campaign has become skewed. She won't win.

WAYYY too early for any confidence of victory. w00t.gif

Not only don't I have it in the bag ... I don't even have the bag.

I have seen many leads fizzle before.

Please respect social workers.

You insult social workers, you insult my Mama who didn't go through labor pains for nothing!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The only time something actually angered me was the nasty comments about my Family and kids from the two current front runners..

I am not a supporter of either of the two front runners (although I do generally believe that both have been valuable posters on ThaiVisa); regardless, I think your repeated claims about how some minimal comments were either nasty or crossed any line have simply been pathetic.

Nothing David does can be termed as pathetic, he is a gentleman and it shows in all his posts. Always positive, and good nature,angry.png

his only downfall is that he is not Greek, but then again, as much as we all might want to, we all cant be Greekstongue.png

Vote Costasthumbsup.gif he is no David

but if you cant vote for Costas, then vote David48

as far as classifying negative comments about ones family or children as minimal, I guess is a function of how much one love his family or Children, You can say what you want about a man, but family and children is a different matter , one that only one who has both can only understand.

Thanks sirineau, your unbiased comments are appreciated ... and I know you aren't voting for me.

You see ChaingMaiBob CMBob ... as this is your first or a rare post on this thread, the odds are very high that you never saw what was originally wrote.

How can you comment on what you have not read?

Relying on Nancy's say-so doesn't cut it with the Forum.

After the howls of protest re the comments, I asked everyone to draw a line in the sand and move forward ... I maintain that view.

My only comments now are in response to other reliving it ... mainly Nancy protesting her innocence ...as she has tried to do again above ... while having a subtle swipe at my partner.

• Like 2

I don't think there is anything negative about doing this -- it's called "appealing to your base". What is negative is dragging down the opposition and Jingthing and I didn't do that with the appeals to our hometown forums.

The other candidates could think about where their "hometowns" are on ThaiVisa -- perhaps it's just the Farang Pub where the contest originated. Fine. I guess their options are limited. But, don't fault Jingy and me for playing our networks.

I think your actions were quite clever, when ND did the same for the Cat, we were outmanoeuvred, you had a much stronger base in your particular area than we did, I would suggest it goes in eras, this would not have been the case in the past. However, what is done is done, it is a two horse race, I wish you both luck, I guess you both wanted it more than the rest, and remember, me and ND did it with a smile.

Merry Christmas, particularly to the unbelievers

Moss von Whatever

• Like 2

None of them are my favourite poster so I vote for my dog instead.

It's not about favourite Posters it's about favouritie Cliques!

And silly desperation to win,and seems to me no one has issued even the basic rules or indeed,who is eligible to enter.

The only time something actually angered me was the nasty comments about my Family and kids from the two current front runners..

I am not a supporter of either of the two front runners (although I do generally believe that both have been valuable posters on ThaiVisa); regardless, I think your repeated claims about how some minimal comments were either nasty or crossed any line have simply been pathetic.

Nothing David does can be termed as pathetic, he is a gentleman and it shows in all his posts. Always positive, and good nature,angry.png

his only downfall is that he is not Greek, but then again, as much as we all might want to, we all cant be Greekstongue.png

Vote Costasthumbsup.gif he is no David

but if you cant vote for Costas, then vote David48

as far as classifying negative comments about ones family or children as minimal, I guess is a function of how much one love his family or Children, You can say what you want about a man, but family and children is a different matter , one that only one who has both can only understand.

Thanks sirineau, your unbiased comments are appreciated ... and I know you aren't voting for me.

You see ChaingMaiBob CMBob ... as this is your first or a rare post on this thread, the odds are very high that you never saw what was originally wrote.

How can you comment on what you have not read?

Relying on Nancy's say-so doesn't cut it with the Forum.

After the howls of protest re the comments, I asked everyone to draw a line in the sand and move forward ... I maintain that view.

My only comments now are in response to other reliving it ... mainly Nancy protesting her innocence ...as she has tried to do again above ... while having a subtle swipe at my partner.

Pfffff.....i have read her deleted posts and the replies on it. Heck, i even replied on it by writing something in the line of....strange use of words. Sorry do not know exactly anymore. Others commented more fierceful than me on her deleted posts. It was however clear for all, IMO, to read that she never attacked your kids or gf but YOU.

I stated on a topic today, on the CM forum, that if she really was concerned about the children's safety, by showing photos on the net or as ...pffff....a way to attract votes....she should have sent you a PM. So the sincerity in her statements after about it, well i take that with a grain of salt.

You however keep coming back on her and doing yourself a big disservice by your comments and likes to people who have a go at her. You act rather childlish, sorry to say, by taking things way out of context.

The two of you are showing a negative side your real self on this forum.

Neither of you is the ....bigger person....because if you were that bigger person you 2 would have the ability to ignore negative comments about yourself and be able to read properly what is written. And if you 2 decide to respond, to do it on a dignified and truthfull manner.

The 2 of you......NOT.

Sad is it not....grown ups acting like little spoiled kids....

Actually, I think Jingthing's appeal for votes on the Pattaya forum is quite well done. Not begging -- just letting people know there's a contest, that he's in the running and introducing himself and reminding them of the posts he's done in the past. Asking for their vote. In marketing they call that "asking for the sale" Nothing the matter with that at all. You can't make a sale if you don't ask for it.

And yes, I had the idea to approach my "hometown" forum to let them know I was in the running and also wanted their vote, or if they didn't want to vote for me, to ask them to vote for Jingthing.

I don't think there is anything negative about doing this -- it's called "appealing to your base". What is negative is dragging down the opposition and Jingthing and I didn't do that with the appeals to our hometown forums.

The other candidates could think about where their "hometowns" are on ThaiVisa -- perhaps it's just the Farang Pub where the contest originated. Fine. I guess their options are limited. But, don't fault Jingy and me for playing our networks.

Neither of us have the cazonies to venture into the Very Important Visa forum to ask for votes. We're both pretty well known there, but we're afraid UbonJoe would unleash the kwai from his avatar to gore us to death.

But I'm getting sick of reading the lie that I wrote anything bad about David's kids or family. I only questioned DAVIDS'S judgement as a parent in posting their photos on the internet.

The kids are cute. Don't know about the kids' mother. Is that her in the avatar?

I can't remember if I saw your post in regard to the spin on David's family, I will take your word you meant nothing bad by it, sometimes context is everything.

My views on internet protection have been viewed on many previous times, particularly in a place I have not seen you frequent, but that was quite a lively affair too, but my views on this stand, in my humble opinion, I see nothing wrong with what David posts about his family. If you can educate me differently, be my guest.

Yes, that is Miss Farm Girl, and in English form, take a look at your wording, for example, 'The kids are cute. Don't know about the kids' mother'.

Was that deliberate, or am I taking it out of context?

• Like 1

I don't really have a 'home' forum. I like to spread my wisdom around the whole place.

Maybe I should set up camp somewhere before next year. Perhaps the photography forum, give them the benefit of my expertise.

I also am all over the place.

But if you live in Thailand, you live somewhere in Thailand covered by a LOCAL forum.

Speaking of all over the place, really folks, isn't it time we put the "controversy" about the alleged insults against a certain member's family to bed? Enough said! Move on!

Edited by Jingthing

I don't really have a 'home' forum. I like to spread my wisdom around the whole place.

Maybe I should set up camp somewhere before next year. Perhaps the photography forum, give them the benefit of my expertise.

But if you live in Thailand, you live somewhere in Thailand covered by a LOCAL forum.

Speaking of all over the place, really folks, isn't it time we put the "controversy" about the alleged insults at a certain member's family to bed? Enough said! Move on!

I live in Bangkok, but I don't really feel the need to hang out in the Bangkok forum.

I agree - nobody insulted anyone's kids. Time to stop milking that one for all its worth I think.

• Like 2

Right!!

Can everybody just take a step back.

This was never meant to be personal, but in my view a bit of fun.

I am at a loss to how it got to this,

Myself and ND, may take some of the blame, we decided unilaterally to promote the Ice Lady, but I assure you, in our eyes it was fun.

I am a little dismayed at the outcome, so I am requesting a stop, a cessation of hostilities, it is not good.

In Respect

Moss

Edit

JT posted before I had finished posting

Edited by Mossfinn
  • Like 1

u should start an umbrella forum

Speaking of all over the place, really folks, isn't it time we put the "controversy" about the alleged insults against a certain member's family to bed? Enough said! Move on!

Sad, JT. They are not 'Alleged'. They were made.

really folks, isn't it time we put the ... insults against a certain member's family to bed? Enough said! Move on!

JT, on this, we wholehearted agree ... thumbsup.gif

That was so sleazy, dude.

I've had enough.

You do not have the right to edit posts to radically change the meaning.

If you are going to continue to play dirty tricks like this, and setup a fake conflict that I agree with you in your fake conflict with NancyL, yes, you have forced me to respond to you.

You have finally succeeded in basically forcing me to respond to your relentless troll baiting. Not to defend myself, but to defend NancyL as I REFUSE to be USED by you to attack her!

Congratulations. I guess if you can't win the contest AGAIN this year (you still might) at least you succeeded in SMOKING me out.

You've clearly been trying for a very long time so I've got to hand it to you.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

really folks, isn't it time we put the ... insults against a certain member's family to bed? Enough said! Move on!

JT, on this, we wholehearted agree ... thumbsup.gif.

That was so sleazy, dude.

I've had enough.

You do not have the right to edit posts to radically change the meaning.

If you are going to continue to play dirty tricks like this, and setup a fake conflict that I agree with you in your fake conflict with NancyL, yes, you have forced me to respond to you.

You have finally succeeded in basically forcing me to respond to your relentless troll baiting. Not to defend myself, but to defend NancyL as I REFUSE to be USED by you to attack her!

Congratulations. I guess if you can't win the contest AGAIN this year (you still might) at least you succeeded in SMOKING me out.

You've clearly been trying for a very long time so I've got to hand it to you.

JT ... give it a break.

Everyone, including me, are asking to give it, the hostilities, a break.

This is supposed to be a bit of light-hearted fun traditionally held over the Christmas Break.

Sadly, and I am partly to blame, have let the Forum down in that regards, and for that, I do apologise.