ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, it is sad to be on a local forum begging for votes, be it in Chiang Mai or in Pattaya or wherever.

Yet most of the front runners did it. Apparently it works. It is like using negative ads in politics.

UG ... you nailed it with that comment.

In the end ... I just couldn't bring myself to do that.

This 'Campaigning Style' of vote for me, just isn't me.

Yet, it's worked for them ... that's undeniable.

I hear rumors that the TVEC will disqualify all candidates that campaigned after the voting started.

Yes, it is sad to be on a local forum begging for votes, be it in Chiang Mai or in Pattaya or wherever.

Yet most of the front runners did it. Apparently it works. It is like using negative ads in politics.

Yes it works.

Will we see JT kissing puppy dogs and some social worker wannabe kissing a bottle of wine to generate more votes? whistling.gif

Like politicians kissing babies? laugh.png

The trouble is now, if I don't win ... and that prospect is highly unlikely, anything I pen will be seen as 'Sour Grapes'.

The only time something actually angered me was the nasty comments about my Family and kids from the two current front runners.

I'm immensely proud of MissFarmGirl and the Twin Boys and, when the moment is right, I like to share their photos.

Some Member like the photos ... some Members think ... bah.gif

Each to their own ... same as I get tired of the Trolls I guess.

Edited by David48

Whatever lead I have now which I may or may not maintain, I reckon probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been inspired by NancyL to go on my local forum and make a personal appeal for votes.

I was wondering how you gained so many votes so quickly. Now I know. You are a living legend in Pattaya.

Yes a lot of people were wondering....amazing day of voting, this Christmas day.

Fancy two miracles occurring, same day 2014 years apart.

• Like 1

Yes it works.

Will we see JT kissing puppy dogs and some social worker wannabe kissing a bottle of wine to generate more votes? whistling.gif

Watch your words, babies is a very sensitive word in this thread.

Whatever lead I have now which I may or may not maintain, I reckon probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been inspired by NancyL to go on my local forum and make a personal appeal for votes. I had never had the cajones to try a move like that before, but NancyL led the way ... the 'Fine Lady of Substance from the Lanna Land ... now with cajones!'

I thought about trying that on the Visa forum for about two seconds. That would really be too much ... if there is such a thing here.

Agreed, JT. Respects to Nancy. She's the man.thumbsup.gif

Shame people have to ask for votes....facepalm.gif .

Like monks out on a morning begging for freebies.

Some people have more dignity.

You are a very knowledgeable Member ...

Maybe you could rustle up some support in the farming forum

• Like 1

vote jingthing, the real thing

It doesn't really matter what people vote.

Have you ever seem elections in Mynamar....North korea ?

Isn't it about the belief you have the power to make a change with a vote? Just believe it is all real. --I can.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Yes it works.

Not so much babies as those who call people who happily share the joy of their babies to the world and are called pervs by 2 candidates can make it a sensitive issue..

• Like 1

Yes it works.

Not so much babies as those who call people who happily share the joy of their babies to the world and are called pervs by 2 candidates can make it a sensitive issue..

Mrs Doubtfire?

Maybe you could rustle up some support in the farming forum

SC ... your knowledge of non-mainstream music is second to none. Top Song.

Actually, I was cleaning up the House today and came across my stash of vinyls.

Then remember your story and your clean out ... I couldn't toss them.

Maybe, in the next 5 years, I may have the time to hear that crackle again.

Merry Christmas 'ole Son.

IMO this poster of the year contest is taking too long, it was fun for a while but now it is getting a bit long on the tooth.

and is distracting posters and preventing them from posting such important to all of as questions such as

" why dont they keep sheep in Thailand"

I think it should had ended the first couple of days preferably right after Costas was leading but now since thing are taking so long and the damage is done, I propose we extend it's duration to until Costas is leading again or there is more sheep farming in Thailand . which ever comes first.

Vote Costas thumbsup.gif more sheep, more goats Opa

• Like 2

IMO this poster of the year contest is taking too long, it was fun for a while but now it is getting a bit long on the tooth.

and is distracting posters and preventing them from posting such important to all of as questions such as

I think it should had ended the first couple of days preferably right after Costas was leading but now since thing are taking so long and the damage is done, I propose we extend it's duration to until Costas is leading again or there is more sheep farming in Thailand . which ever comes first.

Post of The Year without a doubt. Just spat my drink out laughing

• Like 1

There is a sheep farm near Cha Am. :D

• Like 1

There is a sheep farm near Cha Am. biggrin.png

Probably doe to the diligent work of Costas, bringing to our attention this terrible Thai sheep deficiency.

• Like 2

exactly my reaction reading many of Costas posts. spit out laughing,

always funny, good nature, and with out an agenda .

exactly what we need more of in this forum

Vote Costasthumbsup.gif Now new improved formula, with 10% more laughter

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

Duplicate post, Please delete and replace with post exalting the virtues of Costastongue.png

Edited by sirineou

The only time something actually angered me was the nasty comments about my Family and kids from the two current front runners..

I am not a supporter of either of the two front runners (although I do generally believe that both have been valuable posters on ThaiVisa); regardless, I think your repeated claims about how some minimal comments were either nasty or crossed any line have simply been pathetic.

• Like 2

You probably have only one account.

I'm not sure what you mean. What did I do wrong?

Can you really vote more than one time? That not rite, surely.

Look at his post again, but I doubt its intent

Edited by Mossfinn

Whatever lead I have now which I may or may not maintain, I reckon probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been inspired by NancyL to go on my local forum and make a personal appeal for votes.

I was wondering how you gained so many votes so quickly. Now I know. You are a living legend in Pattaya.

Yes a lot of people were wondering....amazing day of voting, this Christmas day.

Fancy two miracles occurring, same day 2014 years apart.

one was fantasy the other is now

Actually, I think Jingthing's appeal for votes on the Pattaya forum is quite well done. Not begging -- just letting people know there's a contest, that he's in the running and introducing himself and reminding them of the posts he's done in the past. Asking for their vote. In marketing they call that "asking for the sale" Nothing the matter with that at all. You can't make a sale if you don't ask for it.

And yes, I had the idea to approach my "hometown" forum to let them know I was in the running and also wanted their vote, or if they didn't want to vote for me, to ask them to vote for Jingthing.

I don't think there is anything negative about doing this -- it's called "appealing to your base". What is negative is dragging down the opposition and Jingthing and I didn't do that with the appeals to our hometown forums.

The other candidates could think about where their "hometowns" are on ThaiVisa -- perhaps it's just the Farang Pub where the contest originated. Fine. I guess their options are limited. But, don't fault Jingy and me for playing our networks.

Neither of us have the cazonies to venture into the Very Important Visa forum to ask for votes. We're both pretty well known there, but we're afraid UbonJoe would unleash the kwai from his avatar to gore us to death.

The only time something actually angered me was the nasty comments about my Family and kids from the two current front runners..

I am not a supporter of either of the two front runners (although I do generally believe that both have been valuable posters on ThaiVisa); regardless, I think your repeated claims about how some minimal comments were either nasty or crossed any line have simply been pathetic.

Nothing David does can be termed as pathetic, he is a gentleman and it shows in all his posts. Always positive, and good nature,angry.png

his only downfall is that he is not Greek, but then again, as much as we all might want to, we all cant be Greekstongue.png

Vote Costasthumbsup.gif he is no David

but if you cant vote for Costas, then vote David48

as far as classifying negative comments about ones family or children as minimal, I guess is a function of how much one love his family or Children, You can say what you want about a man, but family and children is a different matter , one that only one who has both can only understand.

• Like 1