ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

As a neutral observer, I must say that I find certain parties can be quite aggressive and hostile. David, like myself, prefers to turn the other cheek. If that is a bad thing, then by all means tar us both with the same brush.

* sigh *

australian-tourist-visa-application - 26,000 views, 202 replies ... a pinned topic

australian-citizenship-for-your-baby-how-to-guide

private-hospital-childbirth

a-personal-story-with-a-warning-for-almost-everyone-update About getting a DVT (deep vein thrombosis)

I appreciate that none of them are important as a Restaurant Review ... but they may have relevance and importance for some people.

Just that some people just don't yell their credentials from the Roof-Top.

BTW ... I saved you lot the pain of the Farming forum one ... you really have to be a Farmer to get into them.

The above stuff is relevant because the POTY really, in my mind, the contribution that an individual made to the Forum and the people he or she helped as a result.

All, of course IMHO.

There is the snark again.

As if I am only about restaurant reviews.

Of course I am proud of that ... but there is much more.

Thanks for your contributions.

But you won LAST YEAR.

Not sure why you're even here after last year except for relentless campaigning.

As Poll Lord, previous winners will be INELIGIBLE.

We don't need any EGO DRIVEN DYNASTIES here.

I for one, if I ever do win, will have the CLASS to decline being in the running for ANY future race.

The satisfaction of winning one of these annual contests should not be HOGGED by anyone.

JT, we have been requested by the Mods and many posters to quite the squabbling and I'm doing my best to honour that.

Why you think that the above is directed at you, I have no idea.

But, since this is the POTY, maybe you would like to display a few of your Gems from the past 12 months.

The rest of your post, I won't address as this should be about the POTY 2014 and not the divide between Members.

As a neutral observer, I must say that I find certain parties can be quite aggressive and hostile. David, like myself, prefers to turn the other cheek. If that is a bad thing, then by all means tar us both with the same brush.

Do you call baiting me several months turning the other cheek?

If you knew a poster had put you on ignore, do you think it is polite to post HUNDREDS of posts directed PERSONALLY at that poster with snarky, provocative questions and comments, knowing you say can say any trash with no response?

What do you think about the CHARACTER of person who would do that OBSESSIVELY for months and months and months?

I call it, in my opinion the behavior of a STALKER.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The restaurant review comment was about me. Duh. Why play such disingenuous games?

Yes I am known for that among many other specialty topics.

As far as my WIDE AND DIVERSE posting history benefits, I ALREADY presented that on the Pattaya forum and am not going to be so anal as to dredge up specific threads out of hundreds.

Edited by Jingthing

If you knew a poster had put you on ignore, do you think it is polite to post HUNDREDS of posts directing PERSONALLY at that poster with snarky, provocative questions and comments, knowing you say any trash with no response?

What do you think about the CHARACTER of person who would do that OBSESSIVELY for months and months and months?

I think everything is in your head.

• Like 1

If you knew a poster had put you on ignore, do you think it is polite to post HUNDREDS of posts directing PERSONALLY at that poster with snarky, provocative questions and comments, knowing you say any trash with no response?

Putting someone on ignore is childish behavior. You can only blame yourself for not be able to read the posts.

The restaurant review comment was about me. Duh. Why play such disingenuous games?

As far as my WIDE AND DIVERSE posting history benefits, I ALREADY presented that on the Pattaya forum and am not going to be so anal as to dredge up specific threads out of hundreds.

Fair enough ... I don't have a campaign thread going to post a few decent threads in.

Maybe you can post the link to your Pattaya thread here.

If not for me, then for other Members?

EDIT :- found it ... pattaya-people-please-put-me-over-the-top-as-thaivisa-poster-of-the-year-2014

Maybe I'll have to re-read it, couldn't find any mention of any threads.

Edited by David48

Whew, I never thought I get to the end of this thread. Hubby and I go out for a little dinner and return to see that "Alan Hall" has signed on with a new Thai Visa account and endorsed me. What a hoot. There are some people in Chiang Mai who would love to know he's back in Thailand.

I see everyone's still rehashing what I posted during the deleted 18 minute gap in the Thai Visa-gate tapes.

Hubby and I ate at a no-name just-OK Arab restaurant in Soi 5 this evening. Didn't stick around for the recommendations. I did see yours UG about the Mexican restaurant in Siam Paragon. We'll try that tomorrow evening. Any excuse to go to Siam Paragon.

Isn't there a 100-page limit to a thread on Thai-visa? What happens then? Will the mods reset all our vote counts to zero and we start over again? (That will get Jingthing all rabid!)

• Like 1

Fair enough ... I don't have a campaign thread going to post a few decent threads in.

Maybe you can post the link to your Pattaya thread here.

If not for me, then for other Members?

They can find it themselves if they wish. My posting record is well known, on the visa forum as well I'm certain it well surpasses your contributions.

Putting someone on ignore is childish behavior. You can only blame yourself for not be able to read the posts.

Nope. It's actually a very sensible step to take if you attract a serial stalking poster. Most such types eventually get the message that there will never be any response to their targeted personal abuse and conclude it's a waste of energy. Very rarely you get a character that greatly intensifies the stalking behavior after being ignored even for months or years. Like I said, it doesn't always work.

Edited by Jingthing

Hows Drew Noise?

Who's Drew Noise?

He's the guy who stood next to me at the Diary Queen at Big C, you know the one that sell the 9 Baht ice cream cones, with a couple of school children and when they had their 9 Baht cones shouted that you could hear it at Tesco, OK I PAY bah.gif

• Like 1

Nope. It's actually a very sensible step to take if you attract a serial stalking poster. Most such types eventually get the message that there will never be any response to their targeted personal abuse and conclude it's a waste of energy. Very rarely you get a character that greatly intensifies the stalking behavior after being ignored even for months or years. Like I said, it doesn't always work.

Isn't there a cure for paranoia?

• Like 2

I respect that you think I making this up as you didn't experience it yourself ... I can't help that. But I do know what happened.

My old friend, who suffered terribly with Paranoia, used to say the exact same thing!

• Like 1

For those of us still on the fence, although my splinters are getting less with every passing fence post, why don't you link to some of your favourite posts/threads, just to take your mind off the situation.

Just a reminder there has been 3 relatively quick warnings, which may suggest that this is fast approaching a 'critical mass', and JT it may help that Nancy is coming up fast on the rails and you are going to lose a dead cert if you don't take a deep breath.

• Like 1

I respect that you think I making this up as you didn't experience it yourself ... I can't help that. But I do know what happened.

My old friend, who suffered terribly with Paranoia, used to say the exact same thing!

I could show literally HUNDREDS of examples over the course of several months ... but I can't do that under the guidelines here. So sorry if you don't believe me. I really can't help you unless you start to research and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I could show literally HUNDREDS of examples over the course of several months ... but I can't do that under the guidelines here. So sorry if you don't believe me. I really can't help you unless you start to research and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I can make you an appointment if you like.