Foreigner, Dressed Like Thai Police Taking The Job Too Seriously

CarlTyson

There was an entire thread devoted to this guy and others earlier this year. The first time I saw him was outside Tukcom, but I've also seen him at the entrance to Walking Street.

Where did you encounter him? Did he ask to see your licence and rego papers? Was he with a Thai cop at the time of the inspection?

Is this guy paid or voluntary?

Does he carry a gun?

• Like 1

I hope his uniform meets the required tightness standards.

One wonders what is going to happen to the farang BIB wannabes when the military disbands the the real BIB, cant see the Thai military wanting a gang of Walt policemen marching up and down walking street in their little jack boots

Thats an excellent point. Maybe we'll now see the back of these jokers.

Maybe they will get promoted to Walt Generals :lol:

...yelling at people

Seriously? Whatever his own thoughts are about working as a police volunteer, there is no place for 'yelling at people'.

I would video him and report him to his Thai superiors. Good manners cost nothing and can be much more successful in resolving a situation than shouting

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There was an entire thread devoted to this guy and others earlier this year. The first time I saw him was outside Tukcom, but I've also seen him at the entrance to Walking Street.

Where did you encounter him? Did he ask to see your licence and rego papers? Was he with a Thai cop at the time of the inspection?

Is this guy paid or voluntary?

Does he carry a gun?

Ask him to show you his work permit, or letter which absolves him having a WP

I believe Tourist Police volunteers are exempt from needing a WP. I doubt he'll show his documentation to you but I'm sure you could ask to be taken down to the police station if it's really that important for you.

There is good ones & bad ones among them. I would feel like a clown being part of them. BTW. A while back i watched that guy mentioned racing down Soi Bouakao with a another traffic cop on a bike, he had his blue/reds flashing and a siren screaming. Hilarious. I enjoy watching police work of any kind here. Always good entertainment. So completely ridiculous and unprofessional. Sitting around in groups, drinking, eating, playing with their smart-phones and when something goes down running around like a bunch of chicken chased by a dog.

No idea about discipline, procedures and real police work. But as I said, there are some good guys with them, but they can't change the system. Thank you to the good ones and enjoy a pleasant weekend. MS>

• Like 2

...yelling at people

Seriously? Whatever his own thoughts are about working as a police volunteer, there is no place for 'yelling at people'.

I would video him and report him to his Thai superiors. Good manners cost nothing and can be much more successful in resolving a situation than shouting

Simon,

If people can't understand you, yelling is the obvious way to get thru to them ;)

• Like 1

Policing is a difficult job for real police with full authority and powers. I can't imagine trying to do the job as a wannabe volunteer.

It's bad enough when something goes wrong as a real policeman, if something goes wrong for one of these guys I'm sure the RTP will back them up about 1% of the time.

Sweating and yelling and not getting paid. Sounds like fun NOT !

The Plant mind is indeed boggling this fine Sunday morning as to why anyone would want to do such a thing unless to boost an otherwise frail ego, or satiate some need for a little importance.

After my week is done I can't be mithered doing anything much after a week's work bar do a bit in the garden or hitting the sauce...let alone squeezing my guts into a silly uniform, standing by a road in the heat for hours, blowing a whistle, sweating like a piggy or standing around Walking st. looking like an extra from 'Allo 'Allo or one of the village People...

Yeah it's not all coffee and doughnuts.

Policing is a difficult job for real police with full authority and powers. I can't imagine trying to do the job as a wannabe volunteer.

It's bad enough when something goes wrong as a real policeman, if something goes wrong for one of these guys I'm sure the RTP will back them up about 1% of the time.

Sweating and yelling and not getting paid. Sounds like fun NOT !

The Plant mind is indeed boggling this fine Sunday morning as to why anyone would want to do such a thing unless to boost an otherwise frail ego, or satiate some need for a little importance.

After my week is done I can't be mithered doing anything much after a week's work bar do a bit in the garden or hitting the sauce...let alone squeezing my guts into a silly uniform, standing by a road in the heat for hours, blowing a whistle, sweating like a piggy or standing around Walking st. looking like an extra from 'Allo 'Allo or one of the village People...

And you don't even get to drive a fast car or shoot at ppl.

No attraction at all.

Maybe they get half priced noodles?

And you don't even get to drive a fast car or shoot at ppl.

No attraction at all.

Maybe they get half priced noodles?

I'd join up if they let me bring my guns and work undercover busting meth labs and crack houses but manning a roadblock on Sukhumvit and checking tax discs etc. or being on patrol in Walking Street sorting out scams isn't my idea of fun.

• Like 1