2 NY Police Officers Killed

Scott

Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, ID'd as shooter of two NYPD officers in Brooklyn ambush 'assassinations'

Two NYPD police officers identified as Wenjin Liu and Raphael Ramos were slain 'execution style' Saturday. The shooter was identified by NYPD Police Commissioner Bill Bratton as 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley.

The lone gunman who walked up to a Brooklyn patrol car and opened fire, killing two New York City police officers execution style, has been identified as a Balitmore man who posted chilling anti-cop messages to social media Saturday before traveling to New York to carry out his threats.

New York City Police Commissioner Bill Bratton, speaking at a press conference Saturday night, confirmed the identity of the shooter as 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley of Baltimore. He identified the two slain cops as partners Wenjian Liu and Raphael Ramos.

According to Balitmore police, Brinsley shot and wounded a former girlfriend there around 5:45 a.m. Saturday before traveling to Brooklyn, Bratton said. The woman's mother contacted Baltimore police after she noticed Brinsley's comments on Instagram.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-nypd-officers-shot-in-patrol-car-in-brooklyn-212637751.html

2 NYPD police officers 'assassinated'; shooter dead

New York (CNN) -- Officer Rafael Ramos sat in the driver's seat. Officer Wenjian Liu was at his side.

The two cops weren't at their usual precinct -- normally, the pair was assigned to downtown Brooklyn, but they were working a "critical response" detail in an area with higher crime, police said.

That's where they were slain, ambush-style -- Saturday afternoon as they sat in their patrol car, New York Police Commissioner William Bratton said at an evening news conference.

Read more: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/20/us/new-york-police-officers-shot/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Were I the NYC police, I just might unofficially stop any robust policing at all in Brooklyn. Be slow to respond, avoid any situation where there was not an actual call put in from a dispatcher. Let those hipsters in Brooklyn who joined all the anti-police protests see what it's like to be turned into a bunch of gazelles for a herd of hungry predators. Serve 'em right.

The governor would call out the National Guard if the police struck officially or unofficially.

For those who aren't Americans, each state has its own National Guard under the direction of the state governor. It is fully military owning all military hardware including fighter jets. This is to assure the independence of each state.

The governor of the state can declare an emergency and call up the national guard. The national guard trains with the regular US military and can also be called by the POTUS for international conflicts if needed.

• Like 1

Were I the NYC police, I just might unofficially stop any robust policing at all in Brooklyn. Be slow to respond, avoid any situation where there was not an actual call put in from a dispatcher. Let those hipsters in Brooklyn who joined all the anti-police protests see what it's like to be turned into a bunch of gazelles for a herd of hungry predators. Serve 'em right.

The governor would call out the National Guard if the police struck officially or unofficially.

For those who aren't Americans, each state has its own National Guard under the direction of the state governor. It is fully military owning all military hardware including fighter jets. This is to assure the independence of each state.

The governor of the state can declare an emergency and call up the national guard. The national guard trains with the regular US military and can also be called by the POTUS for international conflicts if needed.

Hard for him and the other radicals to do this, after they have spent months complaining about the "militarization" of local police. Time for this hypocrite and the people who elected him to reap the rewards of their actions.

• Like 2

De Blasio and his allies against the NYPD.

’Tis the season of magic, so let’s play pretend. Let’s make believe that only an itsy-bitsy handful of those anti-police protesters disrupting the city are hell-bent on mayhem. To get there, you have to ignore the hundreds if not thousands in Manhattan caught on tape chanting, “What do we want?” and answering: “Dead cops.” They must have been in some other city. You have to overlook those “shoot back” chants as well. As for that nut from CUNY caught trying to throw a garbage can onto the Brooklyn Bridge roadway and punching a cop — blame your lying eyes!

http://nypost.com/2014/12/16/thought-those-anti-cop-protesters-were-peaceful-think-again/

More about the killer. If true, he is not a "mental case" but someone who is part of an organized militant group whose intention it to kill policemen.

The cold-blooded cop-hater who gunned down two police officers in Brooklyn on Saturday is suspected of being a member of a notorious prison gang that has declared open season on the NYPD.

Detectives were headed to Baltimore on Saturday night to probe Ismaaiyl Brinsley’s ties to the Black Guerrilla Family, sources told the Daily News.

One source said Baltimore police were already investigating Brinsley’s connection to the gang, which started in California’s San Quentin Prison in the 1960s by Black Panther member George Jackson.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/killer-nypd-slays-ran-black-guerrilla-family-article-1.2052069

• Like 1

More about the killer. If true, he is not a "mental case" but someone who is part of an organized militant group whose intention it to kill policemen.

The cold-blooded cop-hater who gunned down two police officers in Brooklyn on Saturday is suspected of being a member of a notorious prison gang that has declared open season on the NYPD.

Detectives were headed to Baltimore on Saturday night to probe Ismaaiyl Brinsley’s ties to the Black Guerrilla Family, sources told the Daily News.

One source said Baltimore police were already investigating Brinsley’s connection to the gang, which started in California’s San Quentin Prison in the 1960s by Black Panther member George Jackson.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/killer-nypd-slays-ran-black-guerrilla-family-article-1.2052069

Considering he shot some woman and ended up blowing his brains out, I'd say he was a mental case.

Or do you think there are more suicidal members of this group waiting to strike?

In fact some of it is shocking:

At least the wild monkey was smart enough to kill more minorities…i never hated black people so much until now. Not even before the niggers stole, and wrecked my car. Its funny when people say, “he’s black, but not a nigger…ugh back to spear throwing slavery”.

And the comments coming back are no better.

There's no doubt there is racial tension in this part of NY. But these murders had nothing to do with race. Please stop trying to make it so.

I couldn't agree more that they had nothing to do with race. But I'm not the one writing comments like the above. However, I hardly see me stating that it's happening as "making it so".

What's more disturbing is that the NYPD are fearful of copycat attacks.

Hopefully this is, and remains, an isolated case.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 2

The sad result of the victims being labelled as the criminals , and the criminals labelled as the victims.

De Blasio indeed should be removed from office, he also should be barred for life from ever running for or holding any public office(s) be it street sweeper to President .

Also in my view,( and I am sure I am not alone in that view) he should be, nay must be charged with inciting these killings by virtue of his public comments and his stance.

The creature is not fit to hold his John Thomas let alone a public office.

And don't forget the other major source of trouble in this regard, de Blasio's choice for police commissioner, William Bratton, who was brought in to reverse Ray Kelly's policies, which had worked in lowering crime, especially murders to historic lows. Whenver one of these radicals, such as de Blasio, get into power, they immediately set about creating chaos and anarchy. But you know what? New Yorkers voted for him. Now, they'll live with the results, unless you're one of the police that de Blasio and Bratton have helped mark for assassination.

Edited by zydeco

The sad result of the victims being labelled as the criminals , and the criminals labelled as the victims.

De Blasio indeed should be removed from office, he also should be barred for life from ever running for or holding any public office(s) be it street sweeper to President .

Also in my view,( and I am sure I am not alone in that view) he should be, nay must be charged with inciting these killings by virtue of his public comments and his stance.

The creature is not fit to hold his John Thomas let alone a public office.

Eric Holder is the chief law enforcement officer of the USA, he should do it!

Considering he shot some woman and ended up blowing his brains out, I'd say he was a mental case.

Or do you think there are more suicidal members of this group waiting to strike?

Had you bothered to read the article you replied to, you would have found out the answer to your question is, "yes." Unfortunately de Blasio's creature in the police commissioner's office, William Bratton, chose to downplay, ignore, disregard this warning, leading directly to today's assassination.

The stunning events in New York came just days after Black Guerrilla Family members began spreading the word that they were “preparing to shoot on-duty police officers.”
Edited by zydeco
  • Like 1

Had you bothered to read the article you replied to, you would have found out the answer to your question is, "yes." Unfortunately de Blasio's creature in the police commissioner's office, William Bratton, chose to downplay, ignore, disregard this warning, leading directly to today's assassination.

The stunning events in New York came just days after Black Guerrilla Family members began spreading the word that they were “preparing to shoot on-duty police officers.”

Not what I said, is it?

do you think there are more suicidal members of this group waiting to strike?

I certainly don't think there will be too many black men today planning to shoot at police officers with the expectation of surviving.

Ismaaiyl Brinsley. A convert to Islam and an Arabic speaker apparently.

I was expecting you or your ilk to bring up the Muslim angle DESPITE the fact that this guy is a member of a notorious black anti-cop group formed in San Quentin Prison.

It appears that Islam has nothing whatsoever to do with the crime, but you just have to draw it in.

Has Obama issued a statement say if he had a son he'd look like Ismaaiyl Brinsley yet ?

"I unconditionally condemn today’s murder of two police officers in New York City. Two brave men won’t be going home to their loved ones tonight, and for that, there is no justification. The officers who serve and protect our communities risk their own safety for ours every single day – and they deserve our respect and gratitude every single day. Tonight, I ask people to reject violence and words that harm, and turn to words that heal – prayer, patient dialogue, and sympathy for the friends and family of the fallen."

• Like 2