TAT launches 'Thailand Only Selfie Contest'

webfact

Saw someone taking a picture of their cup of coffee this morning at breakfast in the hotel I'm at.

Just a cup of coffee they poured themselves from the buffet.

Can they enter it?

I'm not saying this whole taking pictures of every single thing you eat or drink has gone too far, but seriously......

Nice variation on the theme of going out for a meal and not talking to your companions because you are too busy texting.

Un !@#%@!# believable. Thainess and desperation at its finest.

I thought it was mostly an asian thing to make selfies so much. Although this is a good idea to get people out to different tourist attractions i serioualy doubt it will encourage any would-be travellers to choose thailand as their destination nor do i think anyone visiting already would change their plans just to enter a selfie contest.

More likely this would only encourage people to take more selfies on their pre-scheduled trip

The target is not foreign tourists, it is to encourage domestic tourism by Thais.

Saw someone taking a picture of their cup of coffee this morning at breakfast in the hotel I'm at.

Can they enter it?

I'm not saying this whole taking pictures of every single thing you eat or drink has gone too far, but seriously......

I was sat in a pub last week, some woman walked in with a man friend. She got a drink and must have taken 5 pictures of it before taking a number of pictures of his drink. Once the food came up !!!! pictures from above, bar level, even got the bar man to take a picture of her sitting by the food.

I thought the excitement was never going to end.

I've seen similar ones on facebook. A few Thai friends love it.

i wonder if anyone will take a selfie with a Russian person??... Seems to be the only thing attracted to Pattaya now.

Most of them seem to be gone now. Just coachloads of Chinese tourists standing in everyones way. Of course these quality tourists spend so much money here. whistling.gif

Honest question: why do you live in Thailand, when you clearly hate it so much?

Honest answer: We care about the country and its people, and when things get outright stupid, we comment on it. Because we in your naivety believe, that maybe we can prevent the stupidities from getting repeated over and over again.

You actually believe that Thailand gives a toss what you think?

cheesy.gif

No of course they don't, we all know that. That's why tourists aren't coming anymore and foreign businesses are pulling out with the countrys economy collapsing.

Not to worry selfie contests.......

Can they enter it?

Forgive them.........small things amuse small minds.

Not a quotation that should be used ... do you know the rest of it? Let me enlighten you...

Simple things please simply minds ... yes whilst bigger fools look on in sympathy for themselves.

Stupid @@##$s......................yep heres a selfie of me being threatened by a machete wielding jet-ski operator and another one of me at the ATM with the nice man in a tight brown uniform!

Honestly they are crazy..........they have stopped chairs and parasols on the beach at Phuket quite useful to tourist well being.............yet the jet-ski scam is allowed to continue as of this recent report phuketwan.com/.../phuket-jet-ski-gang-scams-aussie-tourists-50000-baht..

Do the powers that be have a brain cell between them, they have exposed a highly influential cop recently, yet still seem reluctant to put an end to the gravy train scam in Phuket and Pattaya whilst continuing to bleet on about protecting tourists etc.

Can they enter it?

I was sat in a pub last week, some woman walked in with a man friend. She got a drink and must have taken 5 pictures of it before taking a number of pictures of his drink. Once the food came up !!!! pictures from above, bar level, even got the bar man to take a picture of her sitting by the food.

I thought the excitement was never going to end.

My wifie had a picture of herself stood next to a frying pan, no food

What really gets me about TAT is that they say everything will 'boost' tourism. This implies that people will travel hundreds, maybe thousands of miles to take a ridiculous 'selfie'.

I know I'm an old codger but what the hell is the world coming to.?

I'm so glad I've given up on the place and exiting stage left next spring!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This proves it once and for all!!

There are no limits to the stupidity of Thai officialdom!! Lord have mercy..................

Oh please, lighten up a bit, live and let live etc.etc. .

Why not let the asians and young tourists have some fun and maybe even show some creativity, we might be surprised with what they come up with. w00t.gif

P.S.: Of course it won´t bring one more tourist to Thailand, but the ones being here might just have a little bit more fun

Edited by longtom