Ex-Democrat MP urges government to bare all the facts about rice pledging scheme

webfact

"Dr Warong then dismissed as unacceptable as the blame.... should be on the rice surveyors and owners of the warehouses where the rice were stored."

This is a farce. This approach would have every wrongdoing during Democrat administrations by subordinates held as evidence of their superior's responsibility.

Let the witch hunt resume.

And I DO NOT like the last government at all, but BS arguments are just that -- BS arguments. This is one brilliant example of a BS argument.

You have totally mangled the quote so as to reverse what was said. Was that a deliberate attempt to confuse or incompetence?

One thing was correct though, it is BS.

Edited by halloween
  • Like 2

Leaving the stupidity of the yellow comments aside.

Don't you think there might be a lot of other charges yet to come from these inspections ?

What about the warehouse with the hole in the middle, the owner must have known about that and someone carted the rice away, the several warehouse fires, arson that was never investigated before.

What do you suggest the present Govt do with the millions of tons of rice still in warehouses that more than likely have contracts to store it, most of that rice can be sold although at a reduced price, contrary to your claim that they have said it is all rotten.

Come on, try to be positive for once, give a sensible suggestion that would alleviate the need to pay for storage until sales can be made.

Robby, i wont disagree with the accusations you make, as like me you have no idea.

I will ask you one question though:

Will you hold the current Government liable in the same way you want YS Govt to be held liable for their errors? eg. giving out guns to people in the south, 40bn handed out etc etc

Is there any evidence of corruption in the 40 billion baht that has been handed out?

So hand out 700 bn cash and its okay? Dont bother trying to get anything in return, or bother trying a policy just hand out the money?

Of course there is no implication of corruption in handing out the 40 bn.

Are you really honestly telling me i presume you live in Thailand that you think there was no money going awry?

What is to much? 40 obviously that is okay, 50 is that okay, 100 to much? when do you start to charge people? who makes that decision?

A brilliant man by the name of Albert Einstein was once asked how he went about solving a problem, or a dilemma. He said he took the issue causing the problem to the extreme, and then he took it to zero and compared the two outcomes. The example he gave was farmers dumping chemicals into a river, if nobody did it things would be fine, if every farmer on the river did it the river would die.

It is the same with corruption, there is no cut off point. If you are serious about seeing this problem solved it must be zero.

Even one baht is too much.

I am convinced that a lot of the foreigners who live in Thailand have adopted the Thai attitude, that corruption has been around for a long time, not much we can do about it.

If the 700 billion baht that was lost by the PTP was to appear tomorrow and shared among the Thai population they may think differently about corruption. But they will never see that money, they only ever saw enough "candy" to keep their heros in power.

• Like 1

The PDRC and military has cost the Thai economy 3.5% of GDP growth for 2013 and 2014 - Bt100 billion+. Will they also be sued for the loss to the Thai people? When you are on the side of a military coup, you are on the side of the righeous and all others become outsiders. Such is justice in an oligarchy.

The Thai economy was already shot in 2013 before the protests even started.

• Like 1

"Dr Warong then dismissed as unacceptable as the blame.... should be on the rice surveyors and owners of the warehouses where the rice were stored."

This is a farce. This approach would have every wrongdoing during Democrat administrations by subordinates held as evidence of their superior's responsibility.

And I DO NOT like the last government at all, but BS arguments are just that -- BS arguments. This is one brilliant example of a BS argument.

You have totally mangled the quote so as to reverse what was said. Was that a deliberate attempt to confuse or incompetence?

One thing was correct though, it is BS.

....................."Was that a deliberate attempt to confuse or incompetence?"..............................

Put me down for 10 bucks on "incompetence".......................clap2.gif

• Like 1

The PDRC and military has cost the Thai economy 3.5% of GDP growth for 2013 and 2014 - Bt100 billion+. Will they also be sued for the loss to the Thai people? When you are on the side of a military coup, you are on the side of the righeous and all others become outsiders. Such is justice in an oligarchy.

Do you want to imply that the protests and the coup did not cause lower economic growth?

Do you want to imply that the protests and the coup did not cause lower economic growth?

No. But it wasn't the cause of lower economic growth in 2013.

I am not a bit surprised you do not like the last government (hopefully the last ever of the Shin dynasty) if you are not tolerant of BS !

Edited by mikemac

Dr. Warong , hot shot Dem MP who threw a tantrum and have Nok Air evacuate the passengers, wrote a book on the rice scheme corruption. If anyone knows the fact, it should be him. Afterall he wrote a book revealing all the misdoings. Like most here, pure speculating and second guessing. The scheme just have too many moving parts to draw any conclusion including the much speculated monetary loss.

Dr. Warong , hot shot Dem MP who threw a tantrum and have Nok Air evacuate the passengers, wrote a book on the rice scheme corruption. If anyone knows the fact, it should be him. Afterall he wrote a book revealing all the misdoings. Like most here, pure speculating and second guessing. The scheme just have too many moving parts to draw any conclusion including the much speculated monetary loss.

It wasn't Warong that threw the tantrum. Warong complained because they evacuated the plane after someone else threw a tantrum.

http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=4179

• Like 1

It wasn't Warong that threw the tantrum. Warong complained because they evacuated the plane after someone else threw a tantrum.

You right. Not Warong that threw the tantrum. Rest of my post still relevant.

You right. Not Warong that threw the tantrum. Rest of my post still relevant.

Have you read the book?

The monetary loss would be quite easy to work out:

a ) How much was spent on buying rice?

b ) How much was gained on selling rice?

c ) What is the estimate value of the stock still in storage?

d ) How much was spent on transport and storage?

Then, a - b - c + d = Loss

There may be a couple of other little things to take into account, but that formula should cover most of it.

The scheme has too many working parts to work out where the money was lost, but not that it WAS lost.

• Like 2

it would certainly shut a lot of the reds/ptp members/supporters up if all the facts were put out. Might actually make a lot of other citizens realize just how criminal the scheme was as well. I doubt that yl and her lackies could spin the truth the way they spin everything else

Yes, spot on!!

Of course none of those today holier than thou yellows were involved in any way!!

The ricemillers, the ricetraders, the transporters, the smugglers and the warehouse-owners were of course all honorary members of the PTP?

You are aware of, that the present government today are paying 2 billion baht/month to warehouse owners to store rice, they themselves classify as rotten.

Wonder why?

Why would the PTP government allow yellow shirt supporters a spot at their table very doubtful any yellow shirt traders or millers were selected to particpate in this scam as it was a pay off for support

And I DO NOT like the last government at all

Could you please point to some posts that reflect that claiim?

I couldn't find any in a review of them.

Fang gets confused, that's all. I used to think he posted lies and bs but I was wrong. whistling.gif