Car valeting... a proper job.

NanLaew

We are planning getting the family car totally spring cleaned, inside and out. Rather than the usual vacuum and polish shops with overpriced body treatments, I am looking for a place that takes the seats out and does a good carpet shampoo; maybe even removing the fitted carpets to do a proper job? Also interested if they can do a proper air-conditioning cleaning to get rid of the musky, damp smells as well.

Recommendations with experiences and prices?

Thanks,

NL

I got a quote once from the car valet place in Big C north pattaya - it was 3000 baht!

I usually pay 300-400 baht so maybe they are a little bit special.. perhaps worth checking out..

I think that's the same outfit that's also in Central Beach parking lot and the Tuk Com lot. They look pretty professional to me but no first hand experience. My 1999 CRV has to be satisfied with the 89 baht wash I buy for her exert other week.

Taking out the seats and carpets, that is a hell of a lot of work, are the seats electrically operated ? if so make sure they remove them carefully, and replace correctly, carpets are usually clamped in place by metal or plastic sections that also keep the rubber weather strip in place, these would have to be removed and replaced carefully. Cleaning or replacing the A/C filter would not be possible in a valet shop.

Would guess the valet described would cost in the region of Baht 4K, the A/C 1000 Baht Anyone care to agree ????

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments (and non-comments) so far. When I was in the US, there was a market for getting tired car interiors refurbished replete with the 'new car' smell. Our car is about 7 years old and has hauled everything from kids to school, drunks from the pub to veggies and fish to the market. Professional valeting may be available in Bangkok but from comments here, all we have in Pattaya are a range of car washes with prices from reasonable to ridiculous for a basic pressure wash, waxing, tire blacking and vacuum cleaning with some industrial strength potpourri for the carpets. I would reckon it would be a full day of work so I will ask at a couple of the decent car wash places I have used for their advice and see how much they would charge. I reckon anything they do at Big C north Pattaya that costs 3000 baht 'while you wait' is a total rip off. I have used them a couple of times but just for their basic, but still overpriced wash 'n' wipe and vacuuming.

Thanks!

NL

Try the Valeting service on the LHS just as you enter the HomeWorks car park on Sukhumvit in S.Pattaya.Our car got flooded in 2013 and they did an excellent job. Carpets, seats removed etc.It took them about 3 days to dry it all out. Very professional but not cheap-4000 baht. But it was certainly worth the money.

You seem to have all the answers. Why ask here ?

I do? Nobody has suggested anything similar here in Pattaya to what I experienced in the US. You mentioned upwards of 4k baht as being a possible cost and I agree with that but nobody has given a specific location yet.

Try the Valeting service on the LHS just as you enter the HomeWorks car park on Sukhumvit in S.Pattaya.Our car got flooded in 2013 and they did an excellent job. Carpets, seats removed etc.It took them about 3 days to dry it all out. Very professional but not cheap-4000 baht. But it was certainly worth the money.

Now THIS is an answer. They take a car in for several days, take out the seats and carpets and do the whole enchilada for 4000 baht. It really puts the 3000 baht 'special' outside the Big C mentioned earlier in some sort of perspective doesn't it?

Thanks for the tip!