Pattaya Police Officer seriously injured in motorbike crash in Jomtien

webfact

Pattaya Police Officer seriously injured in motorbike crash in Jomtien

crash-37.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An off-duty Police Officer sustained a serious and potentially life-threatening head injury after he lost control of his motorbike after driving over a damaged piece of tarmac on Jomtien Second Road in the early hours of Monday.

Police and medics rushed to the scene of the crash and assisted Police Sergeant Sawian aged 38. He was taken to the Bangkok-Hospital Pattaya and his Police-issue firearm, which fell onto the road during the crash was recovered by Police at the scene.

There were no witnesses to the crash but tyre markings on the road suggest the driver was travelling at a high rate of speed and to add to his problems he was not wearing a safety helmet.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/161058/pattaya-police-officer-seriously-injured-in-motorbike-crash-in-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-23

The optimistic side of me hopes police perhaps shaken from slumbers and think "Gee, we have to use the roads too! Maybe we should enforce some traffic laws". The realistic side says perhaps they will just write it off to karma. What goes around, comes around....

Not wearing any shoes either by the look of it, silly arse.

Isn't shoe removal sometimes done by paramedics for medical reasons in the same way as they loosen ties and belts etc?

That road is very dangerous.

Unless superglued to your feet flip flops tend to remove themselves when humans fly off of motorcycles. The same thing also happens with helmets which arnt fastened and in this case guns which couldnt have been clipped into the holster... i wonder if this little wake up call will make him enforce road safety to other bike users now.....?

Nah...course not.

Not wearing any shoes either by the look of it, silly arse.

Isn't shoe removal sometimes done by paramedics for medical reasons in the same way as they loosen ties and belts etc?

That road is very dangerous.

That road is dangerous, full of parked cars - people going the wrong way - U turns - and last but not least - large pot holes, we see time and time again the shoddy road surfacing around Pattaya Jomtien, my guess would be that ability to complete a job and quality is not part of the tender

• Like 2

This is not the first or last death caused by crappy roads. It is chocking how the city authorities can allow the roads to deteriorate this state, there are killer pot holes everywhere.

City hall should be held responsible for all accidents happening because of the poor state of the roads.

• Like 2

I have been reading complaints on the surface of Jomtiem second Rd a little while ago, although some effort at repair had been made.

Many road surfaces in the area are a danger to motorcycles and I worry about riding at night.

The serious injury may be attributable to not wearing a helmet, and a police officer should know better, but the cause also needs to be addressed.

This is not the first or last death caused by crappy roads. It is chocking how the city authorities can allow the roads to deteriorate this state, there are killer pot holes everywhere.

City hall should be held responsible for all accidents happening because of the poor state of the roads.

but not if the driver was speeding and not wearing a helmet, being a policeman he should have been setting an example,not driving like a rowdy. The roads aren't that much better in the UK,they have just started a 6 billion pound repair job to fill in all the pot holes, that's got to be a lot of pot holes.

Edited by soalbundy

I have been reading complaints on the surface of Jomtiem second Rd a little while ago, although some effort at repair had been made.

Many road surfaces in the area are a danger to motorcycles and I worry about riding at night.

The serious injury may be attributable to not wearing a helmet, and a police officer should know better, but the cause also needs to be addressed.

.....and you'd think, wouldn't you, that these two areas of Pattaya and Jomtien, responsible for a very sizable percentage of tourist dollars (quality or otherwise wink.png ) would warrant the spending of some of those tourist dollars on maintaining the roads to an acceptably safe standard?

Of course, that would mean less in the pockets of the BIB, various mafias, etc. <deleted> was I thinking?!!! whistling.gif

• Like 1

Policeman, high speed, no helmet, terrible road conditon.
Off duty with the weapon (as is the custom here).

More keywords than one can imagine.

Did we have a little potion also?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Makes me cringe everyday seeing people not wearing helmets.

Don't you think they should simply come out and make it officially illegal to ride on a motorbike or scooter without a helmet, as rider OR passenger (or one of the, up to, 4 passengers I have seen here! facepalm.gif ) to finally get rid of any "grey areas" or "interpretations" of the law by our wonderful BIB?

Of course if they did that then the BIB could not then decide to unilaterally run any "enforcement periods" to help top up the funds for the weekend, as is often seen outside Pattaya Police Station on Beach Road!

It just serves to reinforce the corrupt practices of our fantastic public protectors.

Kinda poetic that it was a gun-carrying, "un" bone domed off duty copper to bring it to our attention though! cheesy.gif

Probably the most useful and selfless service he has provided since being a "law enforcer".

Anyone who rides a bike without a helmet is a fool. Just because they are driving slowly doesn't matter. I would be happy for a 1000 baht plus fine to be implemented.

Helmets should also be checked for their age and damage and be destroyed by the Police if they don't comply.

• Like 1

I hope the guy is ok but if anything demonstrates the simple fact of the first thing needed is to observe current laws this is probably it.

I hope, he's not ok! Why? High speed, no helmet as an officer ... he deserves to suffer years from that accident.

And had a few drinks may be?

Though why would an off duty cop carry a gun?

Maybe he hadn't had a few drinks?

Why would an off-duty police officer be wearing his uniform trousers and t-shirt also? Oh yes, maybe he wasn't off-duty, or maybe he was on his way to his shift or on his way home, many circumstances could answer your attempted slurs.