New tires already?

cooked

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone tried Thunderer tyres, I'm still trying to work out the best deal!

Am going to fit a couple of R601 on the front of my truck soon. I only potter around now so will be OK for me. As for longeity (wear) don't know, have to wait and see. I do like that centre groove on the tread.

Sensible, no need for expensive stuf with Lo Cliks P.A.thumbsup.gif

Just replaced tyres on my four year old Fiesta. Original Continentals with only 25k and still seemed to have some life left but first the Ford dealer and then my SIL who has an auto shop both said they needed replacing.

I was going to get Michelin Pilot Sport 3's but while they are on the Michelin Thai website no-one local had any in stock. Choice then was between Michelin XM2 and Dunlop SP Sport LM704. Best deal we found were the Dunlops at 11,600 fitted and balanced, so went with them. Five minutes driving with new tyres and the extra grip was very noticeable, happy we replaced the original tyres, and looking at the state of the old ones after they were removed confirmed they were nearing EOL.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just replaced tyres on my four year old Fiesta. Original Continentals with only 25k and still seemed to have some life left but first the Ford dealer and then my SIL who has an auto shop both said they needed replacing.

I was going to get Michelin Pilot Sport 3's but while they are on the Michelin Thai website no-one local had any in stock. Choice then was between Michelin XM2 and Dunlop SP Sport LM704. Best deal we found were the Dunlops at 11,600 fitted and balanced, so went with them. Five minutes driving with new tyres and the extra grip was very noticeable, happy we replaced the original tyres, and looking at the state of the old ones after they were removed confirmed they were nearing EOL.

11,600 Baht for 4 Dunlops? why am I being quoted 21,160, i wonder?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Could be many different things...kilometer rating, tire size, raised white letters, etc. I expect a Fiesta wheel size is smaller than your Pajero...say one is maybe a 15" wheel and another is a 17" wheel...that would drive a big price difference.

Could be many different things...kilometer rating, tire size, raised white letters, etc. I expect a Fiesta wheel size is smaller than your Pajero...say one is maybe a 15" wheel and another is a 17" wheel...that would drive a big price difference.

Yes, my Fiesta is only 185/55R15

I've still got last weeks B-Quick flyer so if you tell me your tyre size I'll tell you what they have available.

Different size perhaps?coffee1.gif

Thanks to all of you for your advice. We went out this morning to check out 'Thai Tyres' on Suttisan Rd which looked quite good on the internet: they have now turned into a BQuik! We went to BQuik on Pahonyottin, who had Michelins for 23,800 and Bridgestones for 23,400. We agreed the price and they did all the paperwork and then told us it would take three hours to fit them! So we declined and went a few hundred metres down the road and bought 4 Michelin 265/70-16 from an old Chinese/Thai Tyre shop, fitted within an hour at 21,200B! by a guy who's been fixing tyres for 40 years! All in all I'm happy with the deal and the tyres. I had no idea buying tyres could be so complicated: hopefully I won't have to think about them again fro another 54,000 KMs or more!

Thanks again!

Yeap, you should be able to find a 11 digit code on the tires...this code tells where the tires were manufactured, tire size, tire characteristics, and the last 4 digits represent the Week and Year of manufacture. The first two digits represents the manufacturer/plant location.

So like the Bridgestone tires I bought in Jan 13 they have a code of 1V7VCFJ5012. The 1V means they were made in Thai Bridgestone Nong Khae Plant during the 50th Week of 2012 (mid Dec 12).

Yes, I checked the date of manufacture - following advice from you guys 1315 - thats pretty recent isn't it?

You did well......clap2.gif

Actually, Mich guaranty there tyres up to 9 years, that includes a possible 3 years on the shelf and 6 on the road.

The Michys that just came off the old Rolla were 0101 stamped, not bad going, still with tread

Long ago, shortly after I started this topic, I was informed that squealing tyres are caused by under inflation. I checked, both front tyres need 33 psi but the two places I went to only pump up t0 30. Anyway I did the best I could but they still squeal a little.

Long ago, shortly after I started this topic, I was informed that squealing tyres are caused by under inflation. I checked, both front tyres need 33 psi but the two places I went to only pump up t0 30. Anyway I did the best I could but they still squeal a little.

Sometimes it's the surface you're driving on that causes tyre squeal.

Like the very smooth concrete finish they have in the car park of some department stores. Just maneuvering slowly on that surface can result in squealing tyres.

Give it a bit of welly and you can have squealing tyres all the way to the exit. whistling.gif

• 3 months later...

Archived