Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the Dance goes on

Burton 0 Oxford 1

Chapman 70

Willmott S/O 80

Harrad S/O 92

Extraordinarily 5 minutes added on in second half, I thought Fergerson was refereeing a Man utd game.

Watch out Tuesday when

Histon play Kidderminster &

Stevenage play Torquay

Moss

An amazing result away to Burton.

Moss - I think those games are today (Saturday), but Stevenage are home to Kidderminster on Tuesday. Let's hope Stevenage and Kidderminster only get a point each out of those games. Then it will be down to the last game of the season. I bet Torquay, Cambridge and Histon are hoping we don't make the play offs as the form we would be taking into those games would be phenomenal and nobody would want to play us.

Where are you in the league now guys?

How many points behind the other play-off contenders?

How many games left?

I tried to find out through the Oxford Mail but can't, just read that they hurled everything but the kitchen sink at you last night but you held on, apparantly Turley was fantastic

Well done

Barrow 1-1 Torquay L

Walker 12

Hargreaves 49

Histon 1-0 Weymouth L

Langston 5

Stevenage 2-1 Kidderminster L

Morison 4

Boylan 48

Richards 45+3

Stevenage have just scored again, as it stands the Dance stops tonight.

Moss

Scores didn't go well, but still an out side chance.

Next Sunday if Kidderminster lose to 8th place Kettering &

Torquay lose to Champions elect Burton.

There is just 2 goals difference between Torquay & United, 1 goal loss & 2 goal victory, as long as Kidderminster lose gives it to the Yellows.

Moss

Good luck to the yellows.

Really hope you make it through, on you current form if you make the play-offs you could win them

If results go our way...very slim ...Reading could still get automatic promotion, but like your situation...its a longshot

Oxford 1 2 Northwich

And so the dream dies, but it was a great ride. A crowd of 10,200 for this game. After equalising, a bunch of about 50 no-brain muppets ran on the pitch. One almost started a fight with a Northwich player, and their manager tried to take his team off the pitch. In the 7-minute delay we lost all the impetus the equaliser had given us and we conceded the second goal while we were desperately chasing the game late on. Three other idiots had run across the pitch earlier in the second half. Two escaped the stewards' lame efforts to catch them by climbing over the fence at the end. The third one was rugby tackled by Billy Turley. It was absolutely ridiculous that this so-called fan could run around on the pitch and in front of stewards, many of whom made no effort to stop him. Turley grappled with him because it was evident nobody else would. Disgraceful, and a sad end to the season.

• 2 months later...

Oxford 2 - 2 QPR

Oxford came from behind twice through new strikers Green and Midson. We bossed the second half. This was a fantastic performance given that many of these players have just joined the club and are not used to playing with each other. A very encouraging performance.

Oxford 0 - 3 Peterborough

Not a great team performance, but some good signs. We hit the woodwork twice and some of the new signings, particularly Green and Crieghton, are looking very good.

We are second favourites behind Luton to win the title. Luton 11/4, Oxford 4/1.

Oxford 2 - 0 Aston Villa

An excellent result against a young Villa side. Some good signs for the season ahead - Bullman and Clist in centre midfield; Creighton and Foster in the heart of defence; good attacking options in Constable, Green, Midson, Rhodes and Potter; and Clarke in goal looks a safer bet than Turley.

Bring on York on Saturday!

I have been at an afternoon party, have heard none of the game, get in and turn on the radio Oxford 0 York 1, 3mins to go.

Green 88

Creighton 92

What a time to turn on the radio

Oxford 2 York 1

I am sure Toasted will give us a proper run down

Happy to oblige. :)

Oxford 2 - 1 York

Fantastic start to the season. We didn't play well and looked ragged at times, but we won ugly in an ugly league. Not a good game apart from the last few minutes, and the crowd was growing frustrated with the simple mistakes the players were making in the second half. Maybe this was a good way to start the season - too comfortable a victory may have caused complacency.

My son was mascot for this game and we met all the players beforehand. They were a nice bunch. I told Constable he was 'an Oxford legend in the making' and he liked that! Nick Merry was up in the director's lounge so he hasn't severed all contacts. Jim Rosenthal was there too, sporting an Oxford tie - is he a fan? Moss, do you know?

Next game Tuesday evening. Kettering away - a tough one. We have six more games before the end of the month!

Ideal start, York would always be difficult, but ugly in an ugly league is required.

Congrats to your son too.

As for Jim, he is legendary as an Oxford supporter, born and bred and I believe he has/had some financial involvement in the past.

He came out with a great quote, which of course I can't actually remember the words, but regarding it takes the Oxford boys a little more than a 3-0 winning wembley cup final win to get excited :)

Edited by Mossfinn

Let me be the one to post the 500th post on this foum.

I was following the game on Sky text and I thought Oxford were a goal and 2 players down??

To win is a fantastic result.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that the champagne corks will be popping in Sandford in May !!

Toasted..great day for your boy.....does he still idolise Turley ??

We met Turley and I told him about my son seeing him save all three penalties we've conceded when we've been there. He seemed surprised, but certainly pleased. As for him being my son's idol, well... times have changed and my son has seen him make a few gaffes. Actually my son is one of what seems to be a growing number of fans who feel that Turley should be on the bench.

As for the game, we didn't have any players sent off, but we played as if there were 9 on the pitch.

For just the second time in my life I've been into a bookies and had a punt. A tenner at 4/1 to win the league. Fingers crossed.

But we held on. God it's a hard ride being an Oxford fan. We never do things the easy way. Even the experienced BBC Oxford Radio commentator said, at 4-1 to us (with Histon down to ten men), that he could afford to relax for a change. No - never!!! If you're an Oxford fan you can never relax. That's part of what makes us the best team in the country to support.

Great result at the end of the day though - an away win at a team that made the play-offs last season, to whom we had lost on our last two visits. The Constable brace was great news. I hope he's back on song, as he's seemed off the pace in the games I've seen recently.

We are the right side!

Oxford 4 - 0 Chester

Our best performance under Chris Wilder. We absolutely controlled the game, and played patiently scoring four second half goals. Green one goal; Constable three. Clist, Bullman and Murray were excellent in a three man midfield.

That puts us at the top of the table on goal difference!