Oxford Forum

Mossfinn

Who won?

I can't get the results on Sky Sports...sorry to say they don't go down that far !!!!

But of course I am interested in Oxford's results..I am an Oxonion...but chose Reading as my team while Oxford were in the old First divson and we were in the old third................that's life

Edited by ThaiPauly

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luke Foster was sent off for the second time this season and now has a four game ban. That's now three away games and a red card in each, although I gather this one was a dodgy decision by a ref with the surname "Bull".

Levi Reid got the equaliser - he's been our best outfieldplayer this season. He's the only one who seems able to look up and play a decent pass and his finishing is good. His defending is poor though, so I guess that's why he isn't starting every game. But I think he should get a run up front in place of Yemi,who blows hot and cold and was totally disinterested last Saturday against Woking.

Next game is Tuesday evening, away to Northwich Victoria.

Two Constable goals after we went one down early in the second half.

That's good

All eleven players finished the game.

That's even better

Northwich Victoria 1 - 2 Oxford United

But that is better still

Edited by Mossfinn

Oxford 1 - 1 Kettering

We had two chances the whole game and Yemi finished one after some dogged work by Jamie Guy. After that we started defending too deep and didn't put pressure on Kettering as they found too much space. They exploited this to win a free kick from which they bundled home a scrappy goal. Another poor game but the crowd was in good voice. New loan signing Osbourne (young central defender from Brentford where he has been captain - why have they loaned him to us?) looked a class or two above the rest of the team in his marking, tackling and intelligent distribution. Shame we only have him for a month. Probably a fair result, but when you're one up with five minutes to go...

Same as it ever was.

Oxford 1 - 2 Crawley

Yemi gave us a good start with two headers against the bar early on and he then used his pace to earn a penalty which he converted confidently. What followed was awful. We were second to every ball and our full backs were both practically useless as Crawley had the space to pass the ball around and they certainly found joy down the flanks. Two goals conceded shortly before half time had the crowd disgruntled.

After half time we closed them down better and had a few galf chances, but some of our passing was pathetic. Add to this Billy Turley being subbed off injured on his return from injury and it wasn't a good day.

The booing at half time turned to chants from some areas of the crowd to get rid of Patterson, and at the final whistle the anger was clear. Another home game on Tuesday, against Cambridge, and the mood will be very ugly if we don't perform better. Patterson's formation and team selection seemed strange and it looks like he's getting quite desperate in his search for a winning formula.

Surely we're not going to get dragged into a relegation scrap. Depressing stuff, indeed.

Will this really change anything?

Reid and Osbourne have left the club this week. We'll miss the hard tackling Osbourne in the middle of the defence, and I don't feel Reid ever got the chance he deserved despite scoring two goals from midfield - I guess Patterson didn't rate him enough to start him.

Home to Rushden and Diamonds on Saturday. Will the new chairman support Patterson if we lose?

Oxford 2 - 1 Rushden

Goals from Quinn and Haldane before a nervous last 15 minutes after Rushden scored a lovely free kick. A good perfromance, with several excellent opportunities which should have been converted for a more emphatic scoreline.

Away to Torquay on Thursday evening (live on Setanta). We need a run of results very soon if we're to salvage this awful start to the season.

We are the right.