• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Nigel Cassidy passes away.

Rest in Peace

Moss

Oh dear, thats very sad news.

Nigel was a god customer of mine when I had my business back in the UK. He ran a very successful Hotel called the Molesworth Arms in Cornwall.

Every month we would talk about football for 15 minutes, he was never to busy to speak to me (but of course he was)...a real gentleman.

This news has quite upset me, 62 is no age really.

RIP Nigel

Barrow 3 - 0 Oxford

The worst possible start to the season. A red card and Turley's replacement had a nightmare - badly at fault for the first goal and then conceded a penalty. Let's see what our first home game on Tuesday brings.

I didn't even get to hear and I guess I have that to be glad about :o

At least things can only get better.........

Barrow 3 Oxford 0

Oxford 0 Weymouth 1

Methinks your manager,Patterson ? must be a strong favourite for the first managerial casualty of the season.

I take an interest in Oxford as I used to work with an Oxford United fanatic up till 12 months ago.

A shame really as with your support and stadium you should be aiming for Division 1 not thinking about the Blue Square South !

Still....early days yet.

The team work was poor last night. We let them stroke the ball around in midfield in the first half and they walked through for the first goal. Patterson must have given them a rocket at half time as they came out a different team, but after a few chances were spurned it settled down into a fairly even game.

Maybe the pre-season games weren't what we needed - they were too expansive, and the team weren't ready for the graft that is the BSP. They should be ready now. If we don't get a home win on Saturday against Eastbourne, Patterson will be under intense pressure. The referee got all the boos last night as we didn't get many of the 50-50 decisions, but it'll be the manager who'll cop it on Saturday if we don't win.

Oxford United 6 3 Eastbourne Borough :D

A dramatic game indeed. The defence still looks very vulnerable, but Yemi showed his class against his old team. We hit the woodwork twice and had a couple of near misses, and it could have been 10 goals to Oxford, but we'll settle for six. :o

Oxford United 6 3 Eastbourne Borough :D

A dramatic game indeed. The defence still looks very vulnerable, but Yemi showed his class against his old team. We hit the woodwork twice and had a couple of near misses, and it could have been 10 goals to Oxford, but we'll settle for six. :o

Yes, very topsy turvy, same old, same old after first 20.

Oxford 0 - 0 Woking

A rather dire game bereft of the kind of quality needed to create decent goalscoring opportunities (on our part). Woking had two one-on-ones but Cole did excellently both times and generally had a strong game. We showed very little going forward, although Reid was lively when he came on. There were mutterings about Patterson and the fans are beginning to lose patience. The only good thing was that we kept our first clean sheet of the season - but it needed a keeper right on top of his game.