Mystery surrounds single-vehicle road crash at North Pattaya Dolphin Roundabout

webfact

Mystery surrounds single-vehicle road crash at North Pattaya Dolphin Roundabout

crash-38.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just after daybreak on Wednesday Police were called to the Dolphin Roundabout in North Pattaya where a pick-up truck had collided with a sign and its driver had fled the scene.

Police arrived at 6.30 am and saw the Silver Isuzu D-Max Truck which had sustained minimal front-end damage but had wrecked a sign for the Let’s Relax Day Spa, which is situated close to the roundabout.

Inside the truck Police found a driving license in the name of Khun Adisorn aged 29 and witnesses told Police that the truck entered the roundabout from Pattaya Second Road at a high rate of speed and instead of traversing the roundabout as normal, the driver did not turn his steering wheel and drove straight across the road and into the sign.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/161408/mystery-surrounds-single-vehicle-road-crash-at-north-pattaya-dolphin-roundabout/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-25

Well the police is suspecting that the driver was intoxicated at the time of impact.

He will likely get away with it since they can't prove anything when he sobered up but have to pay for damages done.

Likely, but also a possibility of 'messing about with telephone'

Running away makes the 'intoxicated ' best guess as 'messing with phone' more often involves creeping along at 15kph and weaving than speeding.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

My caddie told me this morning that another caddy had been killed yesterday by a hit and run, where the driver ran away. He was a farang. Happened near Siam CC where I was playing. If this is true then it shows this is endemic and suggests a stolen car.

So what's the mystery ?

Drunk and possibly high on drugs driver slams into a sign and in good old fashion runs away.

Was drunk enough to forget his id.

The mystery is that nobody knows what happened. Your speculation doesn't count.

Yeah, they might need a troll expert like you to figure this one outrolleyes.gif

Are you not bored yet of trolling?

Seriously not even 1 single useful post, nothing but trollingblink.png

• Like 1

No mystery here. Same story as usual, drunk,high, sleep deprived, speeding driver, fled the scene. Same story, just change

the date and location of accident and the type of vehicle involved. whistling.gif

So what's the mystery ?

Drunk and possibly high on drugs driver slams into a sign and in good old fashion runs away.

Totally agree with you, this happens in every country of the the world, why make a big deal about Thailand?

So what's the mystery ?

Totally agree with you, this happens in every country of the the world, why make a big deal about Thailand?

What happens in every country? people run away from the accident? or police is "puzzled by the mystery"?

if you were going to the trouble of running away from the scene of an accident, would you leave your drivers licence behind ? I dont know anyone who leaves their licence in their vehicle at night, but the timing tells me it could have been a stolen car : thief lost it, crashed and left the scene. Something to consider the next time I get excited about an early morning stroll down Second Road .......

if you were going to the trouble of running away from the scene of an accident, would you leave your drivers licence behind ? I dont know anyone who leaves their licence in their vehicle at night, but the timing tells me it could have been a stolen car : thief lost it, crashed and left the scene. Something to consider the next time I get excited about an early morning stroll down Second Road .......

cheesy.gif

Well leaving car behind which is registered to your name is not really much wiser. Not like police could not find you.

Yes, could always try to claim car was stolen, thieves magically managed to start the car without a key and damaging any wires and steal the license as well.

Again, who leaves their licence in the car overnight ? I accept that it's wildly speculative, but opportunistic thieves have lifted much larger items than car keys - there's also the possibility that it was a family member 'borrowing' the car. I just dont see how running away when you've done little more than total a sign - and the vehicle looked driveable - makes any sense at all when (as you point out) the vehicle is registered in your name. I admit that reversing onto that roundabout in full view of other motorists wouldnt be an ideal start to my day, but I've seen crazier things in Pattaya.

As I said, pure speculation - it may simply be that the owner was drunk or tired and panicked : open and shut case, but if all he damaged was a sign I cant see why this even qualifies as 'news'. The owners of the sign may see it differently, but it looks like another slow news day down at the offices of PattayaOne.

Again, who leaves their licence in the car overnight ? I accept that it's wildly speculative, but opportunistic thieves have lifted much larger items than car keys - there's also the possibility that it was a family member 'borrowing' the car. I just dont see how running away when you've done little more than total a sign - and the vehicle looked driveable - makes any sense at all when (as you point out) the vehicle is registered in your name. I admit that reversing onto that roundabout in full view of other motorists wouldnt be an ideal start to my day, but I've seen crazier things in Pattaya.

As I said, pure speculation - it may simply be that the owner was drunk or tired and panicked : open and shut case, but if all he damaged was a sign I cant see why this even qualifies as 'news'. The owners of the sign may see it differently, but it looks like another slow news day down at the offices of PattayaOne.

Someone who is drunk enough to smash into a poll and do a quick runner.

I am sure if ignition was tempered with, cops would have been less "puzzled"