Arrest warrants out for nine Thai CSD police officers for taking bribes

webfact

so they picked on 9 (lucky number) when it is well known in thailand that EVERY police force control the soccer bets (via the collectors of course)

people have nailed it on here this is one big power struggle between the corrupt RTP and the equally corrupt Military.......in 3 years it will swing back to the police again

Close, but no cigar. This is not so much an RTP vs Military thing, but more ( for the sake of argument and oversimplification ) a "yellow" vs "red" thing and who they respectively support and idolize.

I agree. This seems more like one faction of police with certain loyalties correcting some imbalances in power (and taking retribution) against another faction with different loyalties. I don't think it is the army that is pulling the strings here.

JOC, any comments on this?

What do you think...........ain't they doing a good job?

Don't worry, it takes time but even you will eventually understand.

costas you gotta a challenger.now man up and follow the leaders,we all know who they are.is this infantile competition still open,i think you have degraded yourself for the sake of childish kudos

There are men and mice in this world.

Don't know about the others but I am a man and will voice my opinion as long as I live.

It can take many years to become a man, until then you are just a boy.

people have nailed it on here this is one big power struggle between the corrupt RTP and the equally corrupt Military.......in 3 years it will swing back to the police again

Maybe and I think not, in addressing your statement. The military is too powerful for the police. Besides, there are Police who would support the military also. And now with the military imbedded in the RTP, I doubt if the RTP could pull it off.

Is there no corruption in the army?

That's called "begging the question" - please provide sources for corruption in the Army.

so they picked on 9 (lucky number) when it is well known in thailand that EVERY police force control the soccer bets (via the collectors of course)

Again, citation needed for your allegations.

What happened to the good old tradition to publicize their names one week in advance to give them a chance to pack up their toothbrushes and do the necessary preparations?

You haven't figured out yet that the rules have changed, have you?
  • Like 1

Of course the people that did not mind the daily terrorist attacks or the impunity from persecution for the killers and corrupt officials won't agree, but then they are the minority.

It's interesting that when they are asked, point blank, if they endorsed or supported such situations, they always seem to completely ignore that the question was even asked? Gee, why is that?

Hey Costas, is it the egg nogg or the X-Mas Ouzo that makes you brave? Relax, dance Sirtaki and throw a couple of plates on the floor. thumbsup.gif

Sometimes I wish I was Greek. Would love to be able to smash plates and get away with it. clap2.gif

Problem is this kind of mindset and behavior not only ruins the local kitchen equipment but the entire economy and the EU - especially the German taxpayer- have to pay for the damage... Maybe that's why his parents give him the name Cost-as...

• Like 1

Close, but no cigar. This is not so much an RTP vs Military thing, but more ( for the sake of argument and oversimplification ) a "yellow" vs "red" thing and who they respectively support and idolize.

Yes and no - the "corrupt" leaders all have a single family connection in common. If posters don't know what it is, they should probably keep quiet.

Is there no corruption in the army?

That's called "begging the question" - please provide sources for corruption in the Army.

You could start with this Reuters report - http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/09/28/us-thailand-corruption-idUSTRE68R0RZ20100928, but a simple Google search will provide more evidence than anyone could ever need.

• Like 2

Pretty Urgent Reduction of Graft Enforcers happening here. Where's Lavrenty Beria when you need him? He would have this lot found, confessing and shipped off to Siberia in no time.

Khrushchev and Zhukov had him shot after Stalin popped his clogs.

It is amazing to me how all of a sudden the Thai police are getting arrest warrants issued by the dozens for corruption but I have yet to see 1 person from the military have an arrest warrant issued against them for any crimes. Does it not seem a bit odd.

You don't really follow things very well do you.

Cant quote because the story was in the BKK Post just 2 days ago but the gist of it is that :

When police raided a house in Ayutthya and found a grenade launcher and 75 grenades for it. They arrested 7 people and charged them with possession of weapons.

One of those charged is The former Dept Commander or the third army Lt Gen Manas Paorik who is believed to have supplied weapons to the men in black.

Who of course never existed according to the red leaders.

A general no less and there are plenty of others as well.

Oh yes there are many others. All afiliated with or known to support a certain group.

The Thai's call them watermelons. Green on the outside. Red on the inside.

It is amazing to me how all of a sudden the Thai police are getting arrest warrants issued by the dozens for corruption but I have yet to see 1 person from the military have an arrest warrant issued against them for any crimes. Does it not seem a bit odd.

How about the 2 Air Force NCO's sentenced to life for their part in a murder which they are currently appealing.

There's 2 for starters.

• Like 1

I think someone has to approve a worthy investigation into the Army as well,,,,but WHO,,,,DUH,,,,?

IMHO, it currently has very little to do with the military. It is a "changing of the guard" within the police.

IMHO, it currently has very little to do with the military. It is a "changing of the guard" within the police.

But orchestrated by the military. On another thread, 2 air force officers were jailed for life today for the murder of an environmentalist. But some posters will continue with the fantasy that the military is all good, the RTP all bad

• Like 2

You could start with this Reuters report - http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/09/28/us-thailand-corruption-idUSTRE68R0RZ20100928, but a simple Google search will provide more evidence than anyone could ever need.

So, a 4 year old article, under the Abhisit government, containing at best allegations and speculations, while listing two instances that are best considered 'dumb purchases' (a defective blimp and the GT-200 detectors)? That's it?

So, to make sure I get this right - you have absolutely zero evidence for corruption under the present military regime or non-penalized corruption in the current day under the military? Ok, got it.

• Like 2

But orchestrated by the military. On another thread, 2 air force officers were jailed for life today for the murder of an environmentalist. But some posters will continue with the fantasy that the military is all good, the RTP all bad

Like I wrote, it currently has little to do with the military. Bye bye Thaksin.

• Like 2

I understand that there has long been a major rift between the army and the police. I understand that there still appear to be some untouchables.

Haul ass down to a certain island which concerns the Burmese, and do some serious butt kicking on those who wear the correct color of shirt, and I might start believing.

Watching the army take down the police and members of the PTP just seems like the other color of shirt has the big guns now.

The government proposals are to fill the government with army and former army people. Is there no corruption in the army? 555

There's a new club in town.

Pretty well nails it!