Leather Race Suit/ Jacket Tailors

ntv69

Does anyone have any experience with any leather tailors in Pattaya area preferred? I need to alter sleeves in my new Dainese racing leather jacket? I ended up having to buy a size 58, but need to remove some material in arms.

Soi16 Pattaya Klang. About 200 metres north of junction with Klang, on the right hand side on a corner. "Leather House" jackets and boots. It is on the latest google maps and was there in April 2014.

Would be interested to hear how you get on as I was thinking of getting them to copy a touring suit in stronger material.

• Like 1

Ntv, it might not be a good idea to do some changes on a riding jacket as structural integrity of the jacket might get compromised.

I have read some infomation on internet about custom tailoring etc. Should be ok if shop has the equipment and abilities. I need to loose about a inch of length out of sleeves and about a inch diameter to really dial the fit it and keep the elbow pads from moving to much side to side. Probably will modify the stretch fabric section rather then the heavy duty leather seams. I guess there will always be compromises between the factory work and having something that functions well enough to keep things where they need to be, and at same time having fitting comfortable so that you will acually wear it. I usually wear a size L or XL t shirt, Have a dianese airframe textile size 56 that fits perfect, alpinestar textile XL that have sleeves way to long that I quit wearing because elbow pads kept sliding down. I could not get on a leather 56 without dislocating my shoulder joints to get arms through it. 5'10" 96KG, no beer belly, just broad shoulders and chest. According to the dianese size charts that go off chest and waist size, i should be in a size 54 which I got stuck in with my arms behind my back, worse then a straight jacket. I wear a size 52 pant that fits perfect.

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/custom-leather-suit

post-158619-0-91882000-1419527070_thumb.

post-158619-0-65687800-1419527079_thumb.

post-158619-0-41605700-1419527089_thumb.

post-158619-0-22946600-1419527099_thumb.

post-158619-0-75792700-1419527109_thumb.

Edited by ntv69

If the jacket fits properly, the sleeves will be a bit long when you're off the bike and not stretched out- how is the fit in the riding position? You can't really compare the fit of textile to leather- I have a Dainese Rebel jacket (leather) and Air Tex jacket (textile) both in 54 (I'm 6'2" 90kg), and the initial fit is very different- leather breaks in and has to start off very tight, while textile doesn't change much. I think you should have 'suffered' a size 56 for a while and waited for it to loosen up rather than going with 58- having a jacket modified by a tailor that doesn't have experience with motorcycle-specific clothing isn't a great idea.

NTV: Use the shop Enoon posted she does great custom work & knows some about altering jackets & having the integredity right there. I have used this shop since 2006 on about 40 different projects including a mesh jacket. She can restore the dead & copy a new jacket excellent. She just did my mesh jacket from a 2xx to a size 40ish American measure. She just re dyed my Hein Gehrkin I picked up for the trips back in the states & is making a copy of it now. Good luck. She is a master of the leather working & loves her trade.

Edited by Beardog
  • Like 1

NTV: Use the shop Enoon posted she does great custom work & knows some about altering jackets & having the integredity right there. I have used this shop since 2006 on about 40 different projects including a mesh jacket. She can restore the dead & copy a new jacket excellent. She just did my mesh jacket from a 2xx to a size 40ish American measure. She just re dyed my Hein Gehrkin I picked up for the trips back in the states & is making a copy of it now. Good luck. She is a master of the leather working & loves her trade.

Thanks for the feedback Ernoon and Beardog.

Soi16 Pattaya Klang. About 200 metres north of junction with Klang, on the right hand side on a corner. "Leather House" jackets and boots. It is on the latest google maps and was there in April 2014.

Would be interested to hear how you get on as I was thinking of getting them to copy a touring suit in stronger material.

Had my Shovelhead jacket repaired many times, from my ride-like-an-idiot days. Never had a problem with repairs letting go if done by a quality leather shop.

Thanks for the heads up !