Prayut lambastes paper that picks on him

webfact

Prayut lambastes paper that picks on him
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha Wednesday lambasted an unnamed newspaper, saying it criticised him everyday on every page.

He said he would lodge a complaint with the press association against the newspaper. Prayut said the paper made him angry, and thus reduce his demeanour as the prime minister.

"I have been tolerating this paper for a long time. It criticises me on every issue and on every page," Prayut said.

"I don't know what's wrong with the paper. It criticises everyone who becomes prime minister. What's good about this kind of practice?"

Prayut said he did not want to buy this kind of paper but that it was always brought to him to read.

"I don't want to read it because I become angry when I read it and this casts me in a negative light, Prayut told the media at a press conference to announce his government's performance after three months in office.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-lambastes-paper-that-picks-on-him-30250654.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-25

Maybe Prayut should tackle it this way. Newspapers considered “critical” of the government can have their advertisements pulled, first by the advertising agency owned by Prayut family members, then later by state enterprises under government control. Toeing the government line could bring financial rewards. “Friendly” newspapers could be pleasantly surprised by the increased advertisements from business concerns related to the country’s CEO’s empire. It worked for thaksin.

Besides, I thought bad military Junta's just shut down newspapers that complain. I thought that bad military Juntas arrested the staff of these papers? Nope? None of that here. What does this ex military PM do?Lodges a complaint with the press association. How refreshingly democratic.

And for him to complain it seems that freedom of the press is alive and well.

The doom and gloomers must hate this.

There's certainly some truth in what you say. It might help if he cited specific reports and answered them though.

Respect. The man has an agenda. He wants to be a Dictator, elected as such, come next "Election.". Beforehand, any sort of opposition has to be stifled.

Concerns for the Farang? Not really. Except there will only be 2 visa's available left: Tourist visa / retirement visa. All other "acrobatic" visa's in between will not be available anymore.

Cheers.

What a big girl's blouse! That's what being the 'leader' of a country entails, friend; being questioned and criticized. Being of military origins, one is not used to 'abuse', eh, but you're a politician now, ole fella, so do what the rest of them do... grow an extremely thick skin and ignore or get out of the kitchen! Happy Christmas, btw.

• Like 1

"...made him angry, and thus reduce his demeanour as the prime minister."

An understatement.

Not even a civil human:

"...this casts me in a negative light" blink.png

The Paper does this?

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Be careful, posting that or, the Junta is gonna ban our favorite videostreamer.... ph34r.png ph34r.png ph34r.png

• Like 1

"I have been tolerating this paper for a long time. It criticises me on every issue and on every page," Prayut said.

"I don't know what's wrong with the paper. It criticises everyone who becomes prime minister. What's good about this kind of practice?"<< Quote

I didn't know that Thaivisa had a print-version!!

The point he may be making is that some journalists see their role as wall-to-wall criticism. Some journalists make an art of negativity and do not mention/stress/point out the positive things. Constructive criticism is obviously important but destructive criticism is a bit weary. I think it may have something to do with journalists trying to be noticed, trying to be more radical than their colleagues, trying to be holier than thou or simply trying too hard. Perhaps they're trying to build a career in which case truth, honesty and intelligence takes a back seat. I have some sympathy for dear leader.

Maybe Prayut should tackle it this way. Newspapers considered “critical” of the government can have their advertisements pulled, first by the advertising agency owned by Prayut family members, then later by state enterprises under government control. Toeing the government line could bring financial rewards. “Friendly” newspapers could be pleasantly surprised by the increased advertisements from business concerns related to the country’s CEO’s empire. It worked for thaksin.

Besides, I thought bad military Junta's just shut down newspapers that complain. I thought that bad military Juntas arrested the staff of these papers? Nope? None of that here. What does this ex military PM do?Lodges a complaint with the press association. How refreshingly democratic.

And for him to complain it seems that freedom of the press is alive and well.

The doom and gloomers must hate this.

Actually, it seems that the junta control of the press is not focused on exclusion of news stories, but more on the inclusion of nonsensical propaganda pieces, usually trumpeting the “understanding” of foreign governments for the junta’s repression.

• Like 2

The point he may be making is that some journalists see their role as wall-to-wall criticism. Some journalists make an art of negativity and do not mention/stress/point out the positive things. Constructive criticism is obviously important but destructive criticism is a bit weary. I think it may have something to do with journalists trying to be noticed, trying to be more radical than their colleagues, trying to be holier than thou or simply trying too hard. Perhaps they're trying to build a career in which case truth, honesty and intelligence takes a back seat. I have some sympathy for dear leader.

You may or may not have noticed but that goes for many posters on here, in fact more so in some cases.

"...made him angry, and thus reduce his demeanour as the prime minister."

An understatement.

Not even a civil human:

"...this casts me in a negative light" blink.png

The Paper does this?

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

the video is terrible.

it reminds me Kim and his generals always ready to laugh when he talks

welcome to the club of leaders who see the media just like a tool for propaganda Putin Kim Erdogan....

his wife and twin daughters are probably still crying

Edited by kaobang
  • Like 1

You may or may not have noticed but that goes for many posters on here, in fact more so in some cases.

Amazing this only becomes and issue now, never before. Can't remember you clamoring for fair press previously.