Bangkok ranks first among top New Year destinations: Survey

webfact

Survey: Bangkok ranks first among top New Year destinations

BANGKOK, 25 Dec 2014 (NNT) – A recent survey by Asia’s most popular online hotel booking website has found that the capital city of Thailand has been chosen by holidaymakers as no.1 must-go New Year destination.

With 13.60 percent of the votes, Bangkok has been selected as the most popular New Year destination out of 24 cities around the world. Other cities which secured the top five places for New Year merry-making are Hong Kong (10.77 percent), Bali (10.62 percent), Tokyo (9.45 percent), and Singapore (7.97 percent).

The survey also found that the majority of the voters preferred to celebrate their New Year with their families or loved ones with 78 percent, while 18 percent preferred to do it with friends. Only four percent would rather stay alone.

Most of the respondents chose to hold merry-making in a small group, while 27 percent wanted to join the countdown activities at famous places, such as Time Square or Taipei 101. Only two percent preferred a small party. The remaining 24 percent opted to stay home watching live TV shows. Hardly seven percent said they would go to bed before midnight.

The survey’s results were compiled from more than 7,000 tourists using the service of online hotel booking website www.agoda.com in November.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-25 footer_n.gif

compiled from more than 7,000 tourists using the service of online hotel booking website www.agoda in November.

i wonder how many actually booked giggle.gif ......... i hope they all have a great time with the rest of the people in thailand

Ho Hum just another day whats the big fuss.

blah, blah, blah ...

I just read an article on how wonderful a 1 day trip to CM would be. It identified several fantastic places to visit and enjoy. I have been to all of them and would rate them tourist traps, dives, or grungy spots. But the article was successful in wasting 5 minutes of my morning.

It seems to me that news is taking on the characteristics of social media ... like facebook, line, etc

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

The 'Orient' has long held a romantic attraction in the minds of those who have never been, and I say, "good for them in ticking off another line of their 'Bucket List' ".

I suspect that 99% of the 'Naysayers', would be Expatriates living here, not tourists and of course, it's a vastly different experience.

Having lived here myself after first holidaying, I think this is fair comment and equally, totally unhelpful in almost every (dis)respect!!!??

• Like 1

compiled from more than 7,000 tourists using the service of online hotel booking website www.agoda in November.

i wonder how many actually booked giggle.gif ......... i hope they all have a great time with the rest of the people in thailand

"The survey also found that the majority of the voters preferred to celebrate their New Year with their families or loved ones..." I thought most people wanted to watch the fireworks with the dear leader... cheesy.gif

Jokes aside, you have a good point. I suspect (and I could be wrong) the 'survey' was conducted based on 'searches' and not actual bookings. People may have searched for hotels in BKK but may not have necessarily booked and paid. If I'm right, then this story is somewhat inaccurate, to put it mildly.

Expect a TAT drivel soon, that all is actually good this year and next year will be even better... LOL

Gee...all the negativity about BKK finally ranking 1st in something besides Australian suicides...one would think everyone would be applauding...you all have been here too long...familiarity breeds contempt...