STAYING FOR 4 MONTHS (CLARIFICATION)

HI ALL

I am Swiss national, arriving on 10th April 2015 in Bangkok and planning to stay 4 months.

I have a non immigr "O" visa, expiring on 14th April.

will this work?

I will get a stamp for 3 months on 10th April based on my O visa (to 9th July).

I do a border run on 8th July (remember my O visa is now no longer valid).

I will get a 30 days tourist entry, correct?

my return flight is on August 5th

thank you and a happy New Year to all of you

thaisabai

The border run must be by air to get 30 days, since Switzerland is not a G7 member, but otherwise it will work.

Good luck!

thanks, I wasn't aware of this.

is there no other way to get a 30 days stay (I bought my tickets already) except by air?

thaisabai

You can apply for a double entry tourist visa in Switzerland. That will give you up to 180 days. The second entry can be done by land border in Laos, or still even probably in Cambodia.

If you stick to your original plan, you can always get a cheap flight to a neighboring country, and get the 30 days when you re-enter the same day.

Edited by thaibreaker

is there no other way to get a 30 days stay (I bought my tickets already) except by air?

If over 50, you could deposit Bt 800,00 in a Thai bank, and get an one year extension of stay.

If having Thai spouse or children, you could get a 60 days, or one year extension of stay.

If you buy property or invest more than 10 millio Bt, again one years extension of stay.

Or you can pay Bt 500,000 and be given a visa that allow you to come go and stay as you please for 5 years.

It's pathetic isn't it ?

There's no simple way to take a 4 month holiday during the winter without additional unnecessary time consuming and in some cases expensive travel.

it is pathetic yes.

one more try:

my O visa, which expires on the 14th April (issued in Miami for the reason I have a son in Thailand), how about if I try to get another new O visa at the begin of April in Miami?

it might not be possible to get a new one since the present one is not expiring until 14th April.

otherwise I might take the advice with a retirement visa

cheers

If over 50, you could deposit Bt 800,00 in a Thai bank, and get an one year extension of stay.

If having Thai spouse or children, you could get a 60 days, or one year extension of stay.

If you buy property or invest more than 10 millio Bt, again one years extension of stay.

Or you can pay Bt 500,000 and be given a visa that allow you to come go and stay as you please for 5 years.

Hi and thanks

having a son in Thailand (that is the reason I am getting these O visas), are you saying that I can get a 60 day extension when my 90 days on the O visa are up?

thaisabai

You can get a 60 day extension of your 90 day entry to visit your child at immigration.

Your child will need to go with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate and a copy of their house book.

Another option is to do a border crossing for a 15 day entry and then extend that entry for 30 days.

You can get a 60 day extension of your 90 day entry to visit your child at immigration.

Your child will need to go with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate and a copy of their house book.

Another option is to do a border crossing for a 15 day entry and then extend that entry for 30 days.

Ubonjoe this is great!!

Is that correct, you can extend a bordercrossing´s 15 days entry with another 30 days??? I thought that was only given 7 days extemsnion for those 15 days.

I like it.

Can you just plse confirm that BOTH 30 days exempt entry as well as 15 days exempt entry can be extended in both cases with 30 days??

Thanks for you help..

Glegolo

Ubonjoe this is great!!

Is that correct, you can extend a bordercrossing´s 15 days entry with another 30 days??? I thought that was only given 7 days extemsnion for those 15 days.

I like it.

Can you just plse confirm that BOTH 30 days exempt entry as well as 15 days exempt entry can be extended in both cases with 30 days??

Thanks for you help..

Glegolo

Ubonjoe is the master.

It's pathetic isn't it ?

There's no simple way to take a 4 month holiday during the winter without additional unnecessary time consuming and in some cases expensive travel.

He can, as Ubonjoe explained, get a 15 day visa exempt entry at a land border and then an extension of stay for another 30 days or, as someone else suggested, get a double entry tourist visa, which would give him nearly six months with one border crossing and extensions,

Probably a lot less pathetic, as well as cheaper and easier, for a Thai who wants to spend 4 months in UK or Switzerland during the heat of summer, right?

It's pathetic isn't it ?

He can, as Ubonjoe explained, get a 15 day visa exempt entry at a land border and then an extension of stay for another 30 days or, as someone else suggested, get a double entry tourist visa, which would give him nearly six months with one border crossing and extensions,

Probably a lot less pathetic, as well as cheaper and easier, for a Thai who wants to spend 4 months in UK or Switzerland during the heat of summer, right?

No you fool, most will get a 6 month multi entry visa if they qualify for a UK or other European visas. Normally fairly simple actually. Your apologist stance knows now bounds. Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

You can apply for a double entry tourist visa in Switzerland. That will give you up to 180 days. The second entry can be done by land border in Laos, or still even probably in Cambodia.

If you stick to your original plan, you can always get a cheap flight to a neighboring country, and get the 30 days when you re-enter the same day.

Sorry, but a double entry tourist visa will only qualify the OP for 120 days stay. He can extend it by an additional 30 days, but at a cost of 1,900 Baht.

I'm not sure whether he can extend it twice, but if he can, then it will double the 1,900 Baht fee.

Sorry, but a double entry tourist visa will only qualify the OP for 120 days stay. He can extend it by an additional 30 days, but at a cost of 1,900 Baht.

I'm not sure whether he can extend it twice, but if he can, then it will double the 1,900 Baht fee.

He can extend it twice, and get 180 days, just as I explained.

I guess he knows he can extend a 60 days tourist visa with 30 days, so I left that out on purpose.

I also wrote "up to 180 days".

The OP will only stay 4 months, and doesnt need any extension at all, but two entries.

Edited by thaibreaker

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He can extend it twice, and get 180 days, just as I explained.

I guess he knows he can extend a 60 days tourist visa with 30 days, so I left that out on purpose.

I also wrote "up to 180 days".

The OP will only stay 4 months, and doesnt need any extension at all, but two entries.

I think that some of you didn't get my post right:

I arrive in Thailand on 10th April with a non imm O visa multiple (on grounds to visit my son).

the visa must be used before 14th April, which it does.

I will get a 90 day stamp valid to 9th July I guess.

my return flight is on 5th August, meaning I need to find a way to extend about 1 month.

Now I understand, by doing a border run I will only get a 15 day stamp.

Either I can extend the 15 days at immigration in Jomtien for another 15 days, or I have to change my flight to an earlier departure (which will cost me 350 USD).

by the way, would anyone know if I can get a new non immigr. multiple O visa in Miami, a week before the present one is expired?

that would solve the problem, but might be confusing to the airport immigration, if I show up with 2 valid visas.

thanks again for all your answers

thaisabai

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think that some of you didn't get my post right:

I arrive in Thailand on 10th April with a non imm O visa multiple (on grounds to visit my son).

the visa must be used before 14th April, which it does.

I will get a 90 day stamp valid to 9th July I guess.

my return flight is on 5th August, meaning I need to find a way to extend about 1 month.

Now I understand, by doing a border run I will only get a 15 day stamp.

Either I can extend the 15 days at immigration in Jomtien for another 15 days, or I have to change my flight to an earlier departure (which will cost me 350 USD).

by the way, would anyone know if I can get a new non immigr. multiple O visa in Miami, a week before the present one is expired?

that would solve the problem, but might be confusing to the airport immigration, if I show up with 2 valid visas.

thanks again for all your answers

thaisabai

You will get a 90 day entry without a problem.

Then you can get a 60 day extension to visit your child at immigration. You child will need to be with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate and copies of their house book.

If not you could get a 15 day entry at a border crossing and extend it for 30 days at immigration.