With all the new cars/pickups sold to falangs, why no English manuals?

giddyup

You exaggerate to the other extreme. Ever notice how many road signs, business signs, menus, etc. in Thailand are in English?

English on road signs is pretty much an international standard in areas frequented by tourists, and it's still not very widespread in Thailand. Business signs in English are either local novelties, businesses serving tourists or foreign businesses. Menu's in English are definitely only in tourist areas.

That said, English becomes the official language of business in all 10 AEC member states in a few days time wink.png

lol on paper perhaps,,,, (regarding your last point).

Back to the debate, I would estimate that 95% of vehicles sold here are to Thais. FYI, I downloaded my english manual from the manufacturers site.

You exaggerate to the other extreme. Ever notice how many road signs, business signs, menus, etc. in Thailand are in English?

English on road signs is pretty much an international standard in areas frequented by tourists, and it's still not very widespread in Thailand. Business signs in English are either local novelties, businesses serving tourists or foreign businesses. Menu's in English are definitely only in tourist areas.

That said, English becomes the official language of business in all 10 AEC member states in a few days time wink.png

lol on paper perhaps,,,, (regarding your last point).

Back to the debate, I would estimate that 95% of vehicles sold here are to Thais. FYI, I downloaded my english manual from the manufacturers site.

There's no definitive numbers, because so many are purchased by proxy (e.g. mia farang), but the general consensus is, even with proxy buying, it's well under 1% of sales.

Ever wondered why these motoring forums on TV aren't loaded with new car display ads? The manufacturers will advertise on Thai language, model-specific club sites with just a few thousand members though wink.png

You can easily sanity check the numbers by getting yourself out of a tourist trap, and then counting the Thai vs Foreign drivers you see wink.png Even in places (relatively) heavily populated by Foreigners, e.g. Chiangmai, I bet you wouldn't count one foreigner for every 500 cars.

Edited by IMHO

It appears the OP has left the building. Maybe he's trying to sell his Mitsu Triton because he can't get the manual delivered to him on a silver platter...

In 2006 I bought a Ford Ranger, asked for the English manual and they downloaded it from 'somewhere', copied & bound it and gave it to me three hours after requesting it--no charge...

Last year Lexus (Sukhumvit) said it didn't have any English manuals available for the RX 370 but found one 30 minutes after I asked a second time--no charge...

Methinks he (giddyup) is a tad too stupid lazy to help himself...

Too many big mouths on this forum. I have spent at least a couple of hours talking to people at Mitsubishi head office trying to get an English copy of the Speednavi manual. The bottom line is Mitsubishi Thailand can't supply one, they keep referring me to the online manual, the subject of which has been covered extensively in this post. I also added this comment earlier which explains my lack of any more comments on the subject, which you obviously didn't take the time to read, so who's lazy. Aptly named avatar BTW.

Posted Yesterday, 14:49

I think this subject has run it's course, at least for me. Obviously some new car buyers have received English manuals with no hassle and others had to order them and wait. Obviously I'm totally out of order even expecting an English manual, before I buy another car I'll try to get fluent in Thai.

Edited by giddyup

When I purchased my Toyota Wish from Thayen Toyota in Korat in 2004, the General Manager handed me the keys, he said he would order my car books in

English! Two (2) months later they arrived and they asked me for 350 THB, but I told them the GM said nothing about charging me! They said okay and gave

me the books! I have had a very good experience with this dealership next to the old Tesco store in Korat on Mittraphap!

Yesterday I bought a CD-ROM with the Repair, Owners and Wiring Manuals for my awd Mazdarati on ebay dot AU. Cost me $15 and hopefully I'll actually get what I paid for.

I'm sure the dealer would have hooked it up if I asked. He did come pick up my truck a week after I bought it to have the tonneau cover installed for me. The man was a saint.

I returned a car I bought on the first day of delivery.

The steering wheel wasn't on the side I'm used to.....

How can they do that to me?! Do they expect me to adjust to them? I'm a customer, they must adjust to me!!!

Try adjusting your Humour Output Meter, it's set to Zero.

Edited by giddyup