PM to launch 'Discover Thainess' campaign

webfact

What's Thainess? There's a long term argument over Thailand vs. Siam. Siam was all encompassing, whereas Thailand had different roots. "The word Thai is not, as commonly believed, derived from the word Thai meaning "independence" in the Thai language; it is, however, the name of an ethnic group from the central plains (the Thai People)." Wikipedia

And what of the people of Lao, Malay, Tribal, Lanna...decent. It's just one big "HAPPY" family.

• Like 1

What's Thainess? There's a long term argument over Thailand vs. Siam. Siam was all encompassing, whereas Thailand had different roots. "The word Thai is not, as commonly believed, derived from the word Thai meaning "independence" in the Thai language; it is, however, the name of an ethnic group from the central plains (the Thai People)." Wikipedia

And what of the people of Lao, Malay, Tribal, Lanna...decent. It's just one big "HAPPY" family.

Yeah happy, that's not the first word that springs to mind.

Let's ask Wynn and Zaw if they feel the love of the family.

• Like 2

Increase tourist arrivals with a Discover Thainess campaign? .. Perhaps a better idea would be to designate the whole of Thailand as a ‘WhoDunit Theme Park’ .. Wannabe sleuths from around the world can arrive in Thailand, choose a crime or scam that interests them, and reveal it to the world via Social Media. Prizes for winners could include: Get Out of Search Free Cards, a list of times when the Grand Palace is actually CLOSED, a free independent Jet Ski damage survey .... etc etc etc etc

Edited by Bocking

I think the theme of 'Thainess' is going to be prolific across upcoming TV threads.

Jet ski scams and sexually confused, amphetamine fuelled ladyboys. Rohypnol beers and poxy pros.

Corrupt cops and backstabbing business partners.

It's such a rich field to pick from.

Ladyboys are very clear on their sexual identity and who they think they are.

Admittedly they do confuse and in cases cause others to question their own sexual identity.

• Like 1

A discover " Thainess " campaign. God only knows whose idea that headline was, I agree that no-one seems to understand exactly what this Thainess is. The Thai people are radically different every time I think about them and looking at them makes it even more confusing

May I ask The Nation history experts a question? Who is Chartchai Chuhawanat???????

Inquisitive minds are very interested to know.

:) :) :)

This alone is full fruit of the criticism in this thread. Thainess: Facts are a bother, and I'm not going to waste my time checking them.