where to buy or make sawhorses in town?

john 111

Good question John, unfortunately I have never seen any in the few years Ive been here. Im very tempted to get my brother to bring some sawhorse leg fixtures across from NZ when he visits next March.

Very simple attachment which fits to a 4x2 (Thats 2 by 4 in American speak); only need to drill a hole in the wood to put a bolt through and its all done. The legs fold up too so it makes for good storage.

I will continue to keep my eyes open on my travels and let you know if I find any in the interim.

For a saw horse and work table for working wood, I would definitely prefer wood as it has more give. Plenty of plans for working tables and saw horses on the net, though I wouldn't count on a workman here following or understanding one. http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2008/07/24-free-sawhorse-plans-in-the-hunt-for-the-ultimate-sawhorse.

Foto taken this morning with accompanying clutter to show that it is authentic.post-130198-0-07655900-1419988812_thumb.

Edited by cooked

For my workbench I bought 2 of those cheap small wood tables at a roadside shop and put a door across them.

The tables are 40 x 60 cm and 70 cm tall and have two shelves which make them quite useful.

Grin

Welding up sawhorses or a table is inexpensive in Thailand. Plywood is not too bad either and much cheaper than studs. Here is a plywood roll-around table I built for about 600 baht. Also have a steel shelf unit twice as tall (you can see it off to the left in the photo below) that only cost me a 160 baht bottle of whiskey as the welder was doing some other work nearby!

8604643903_ceb4e49fdb_z_d.jpg

• Like 1

Although I love all things wooden generally, and have had some great work benches and tables made from wood in the West-there are so many little critters over here that eat wood-I would go with steel and treated plywood if it was my work top.

I know you can treat wood but once a work table is installed retreating at a later date always presents issues.