Sprayer attached to Toilet: For spraying butthole?

Smithwick

So how does it work? You spray your anus without using toilet paper? Do thais use their fingers to "clean" the anus by rubbing or scrubbing? If so, how do they clean their fingers when 90% of the time, there is no soap and no toilet paper in the restroom? Do they just rinse their finger really well? They once outside, they get some sticky rice, form it into a ball, then give it to their hubby to eat? Do Thais even think about the spread of bacteria? Or is it, "mai pen rai", don't think about it?

You're joking right? It ain't rocket science. Just takes a little practice.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's by no means a "secret." It just took you some time to figure it out.

Is it 'sanitary'? Yeah, it's a lot cleaner than wiping smeaking feces over your butt & taint.

If you got some feces on your face or hands, would you just wipe it off with some toilet paper ... or would you wash it off with water?

After years of anal spraying ... and installing sprayers in my USA home ... I will never go back to the gross primitive ass wipe.

If you are using paper and pulling feces all up over your taint you are doing it wrong.

Which begs the question, why do some of you lot have so much excrement left all over your ass after you have snapped one off.. do you sit on the crapper with butt checks clenched tightly together ?

Edited by Don Mega

Post back if you figure out how to make it work without drenched pants or real smelly fingers.

I've concluded that (in spite of hundreds of posts to the contrary), bum guns are a simple acknowledgement that toilet paper costs money and water doesn't

Sounds like you're doing it wrong, you are turning the water on before you wipe

Nope. This qualifies as TMI, but I just take a shower each time.

Win-win in the BKK heat.

Yes, it is best to combine the two daily needs, but be sure to do it in the right order, shower first! haha

They have started selling them in US hardware stores. The politically correct term is hand-held bidet. So, stop calling them bum guns.

Actually, it is a US invention and has been around for at least 50 years... Every sink, in every kitchen, in every house in the US has had one of these for decades... The Thais adapted it for a more practical use...

Not all true, especially every sink? it is a option... if the poster does not know what to do with it I hope he doesn't think climbing up on the kitchen sink is going to be a proper way of cleaning himself?

Only acceptable if one moves the dishes first.

Maybe he could serve MudPie for dessert.

Clearly, if the OP has to query the use of a bum gun he will next be asking what a bidet is for. Truly sad. Wiping with paper is an awful European tradition which I gave up decades ago. Bum guns for UK? Yes, good but dont forget to connect to the hot water supply for those freezing winter days!

So how does it work? You spray your anus without using toilet paper? Do thais use their fingers to "clean" the anus by rubbing or scrubbing? If so, how do they clean their fingers when 90% of the time, there is no soap and no toilet paper in the restroom? Do they just rinse their finger really well? They once outside, they get some sticky rice, form it into a ball, then give it to their hubby to eat? Do Thais even think about the spread of bacteria? Or is it, "mai pen rai", don't think about it?

Ahh Bum Guns, best things invented in Thailand. Use gentle spray, your not watering the garden. Keep your finger nails short, there is nothing

worse than getting clutter behind nails. If your bum does not have an efficient poo clipper you may have to assist the gun with fingers. When bum clean wash hands,if there is no soap do not lick fingers. bah.gif

Extra benefit is :- should you be a little constipated use hose to assist evacuation whistling.gif

European system :- take paper and wipe bacteria all over, nasty. facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

No matter how hard you guys try, you're not going to convince me that having stinky fingers is more sanitary than using paper.

And, without an abundance of soap and hot water, stinky fingers will be inevitable.

(That's why I have forgone the bum guns in favor of a full HOT shower whenever I'm at home- takes 60 seconds and de-stinks my pits as well as my fingers- win-win.)

And when I'm not home, paper served me well for the first 53 years of my life....

But you have, unfortunately, convinced me that shaking hands in Thailand may not be a good idea. Maybe I've finally figured out why people here wai each other instead of shaking hands?

Edited by impulse

As a newbie here I am just discovering the joys of the BG. It is sort of interesting, as I have been using a hybrid system for years, by making the paper wet either from a faucet if available or from the bowl (after flushing clean water into it of course) if not. So I'm already primed so to speak.

But I would like to..ahem... drill down into the specifics a bit more. We've heard from front sprayers, back sprayers, spray shooting up, spray shooting down, hand assist, no hand assist..... really, isn't there a best practices manual available?

How does spraying down work? More hand action? And I am having a bit of trouble with some of these specifics. I just figured out to remain seated, sealing most of the seat, after having sprayed water further than I'd like.

So how about it- any consensus on proper use?

No matter how hard you guys try, you're not going to convince me that having stinky fingers is more sanitary than using paper.

And, without an abundance of soap and hot water, stinky fingers will be inevitable.

(That's why I have forgone the bum guns in favor of a full HOT shower whenever I'm at home- takes 60 seconds and de-stinks my pits as well as my fingers- win-win.)

And when I'm not home, paper served me well for the first 53 years of my life....

But you have, unfortunately, convinced me that shaking hands in Thailand may not be a good idea. Maybe I've finally figured out why people here wai each other instead of shaking hands?

Not true . why do you think you must use your fingers?

When you use the spray , it will clean everything outside and inside your anus. Adjust the pressure from the hose and the water will make sure everything will be clean within seconds.

Then you use some toilet paper to dry with .

My fingers never touch the poop! Seems like everyone do this in a different way lol.

Edited by balo

Atleast you can get toilet paper if you want/need here. When I was younger I visited eastern Europe and in Poland the toilet paper there where like the semi - high gloss paper we usually see on printed commercials or leaflets... The shit didn't even stick to the paper!

Reminds me of the stuff they used to have in the school toilets. Luckily you don't come across it any more. It was literally just like greaseproof paper. What was that all about? Guess it cut down on costs since people were loathe to use it lol.

"I thought the sprayer was for cleaning the toilet but now i found that Thais have a little secret that they don't tell you, they use the sprayer to clean their anus. So when it sprays, do chunks of <deleted> get splashed around all over the toilet area? Is that sanitary?"

What sort of anus has chunks of carp attached to it to get splashed all around the toilet?

Atleast you can get toilet paper if you want/need here. When I was younger I visited eastern Europe and in Poland the toilet paper there where like the semi - high gloss paper we usually see on printed commercials or leaflets... The shit didn't even stick to the paper!

Reminds me of the stuff they used to have in the school toilets. Luckily you don't come across it any more. It was literally just like greaseproof paper. What was that all about? Guess it cut down on costs since people were loathe to use it lol.

Izal medicated loo paper.

I'll never forget that stuff!

post-35489-0-20709700-1420221808_thumb.j

A serious answer first.

Yes you spray without using toilet paper, the spray cleans far better than paper and there is no chance of fingers going through the paper.

Unlike using paper there is no need to get fingers of hands involved at all, other than holding the spray gun.

Most public toilets have at least hand basins and many liquid soap as well.

Now we get a little less serious.

How do you think the rice gets sticky ? Of course they don't wash their hands but it does however need a combination of bum wiping and nose picking to get the correct consistency.

Bon apatite.

"Unlike using paper there is no need to get fingers of hands involved at all, other than holding the spray gun."

How do you dry your bum then?

They're not just popular in Thailand. Many Finnish toilets have them too, just to mention one. I remember sharing an office in Boston with a Japanese and a Bangladeshi and we all agreed we missed having it, in one form or another. When I don't have it, I use wet wipes because dry paper just doesn't feel clean.

Absolutely, the western idea of smearing crap all over your bum with a piece of paper is disgusting. Toilet paper can not get your bum clean.

Izal medicated loo paper.

I'll never forget that stuff!

attachicon.gifIzal.jpg

Yeah I remember the resulting dingleberry plague I used to suffer with as a boy. That stuff was useless.

The bum guns also enable builders to get away with using ridiculously small diameter sewer pipes that block up using paper .

And i understand the bum guns are an adaptation of the French bidet without all the other fancy plumbing . Before the French,Viet or Lao influence the Thais would have used a bowl of water and used their hands to clean their bums. Also to shower in a lot of Thai bathrooms you used a large Klong jar or porcelain container of water in the corner and used a bowl to scoop water up and throw over yourself , then soap up and then rinse off and it all drained off into an open drain which emptied somewhere out in the vegie and herb garden . In a bathroom like that , missing your bum with the bum gun or splashing water around did not make much of a difference as the average Thai bathroom was continually wet . There would still be many bathrooms still like this upcountry no doubt.

Maybe Songhan has more down to earth origins from bathroom habits ???????

In the bin next to the toilet if you must.

Nah your alrite, Ill put bog roll down the bog where its supposed to go.

And you will block the pipes for either your house or the whole condo because unlike in the west where the pipes are designed for paper and other waste, in Thailand the pipes are narrow gauge to handle only water and not paper and sanitary towels etc.

The bum guns also enable builders to get away with using ridiculously small diameter sewer pipes that block up using paper .

And i understand the bum guns are an adaptation of the French bidet without all the other fancy plumbing . Before the French,Viet or Lao influence the Thais would have used a bowl of water and used their hands to clean their bums. Also to shower in a lot of Thai bathrooms you used a large Klong jar or porcelain container of water in the corner and used a bowl to scoop water up and throw over yourself , then soap up and then rinse off and it all drained off into an open drain which emptied somewhere out in the vegie and herb garden . In a bathroom like that , missing your bum with the bum gun or splashing water around did not make much of a difference as the average Thai bathroom was continually wet . There would still be many bathrooms still like this upcountry no doubt.

Maybe Songhan has more down to earth origins from bathroom habits ???????

Many bathrooms like that in Bangkok. Not just upcountry.

It's called a wet room.

As a newbie here I am just discovering the joys of the BG. It is sort of interesting, as I have been using a hybrid system for years, by making the paper wet either from a faucet if available or from the bowl (after flushing clean water into it of course) if not. So I'm already primed so to speak.

But I would like to..ahem... drill down into the specifics a bit more. We've heard from front sprayers, back sprayers, spray shooting up, spray shooting down, hand assist, no hand assist..... really, isn't there a best practices manual available?

How does spraying down work? More hand action? And I am having a bit of trouble with some of these specifics. I just figured out to remain seated, sealing most of the seat, after having sprayed water further than I'd like.

So how about it- any consensus on proper use?

I have no idea how anyone figures they can spray down, unless they are some kind of mutant.

From behind, spray up, the hand spraying should not get wet.

After spraying, take wad of paper and pat clean arse dry.

Much more hygienic than using only paper.

http://www.thebumgun.com/about-the-bum-gun/dear-toilet-paper-sufferer

http://www.thebumgun.co.uk

http://www.travel-cowboys.com/bum-gun-longer-dirty-assed-americans

Edited by seancbk

Due to reputed cleaner and more thorough evacuation of the bowels, use of the squat toilet coupled with the hose sprayer may give more thorough cleaning with less residual clinging waste.

What troubles me is where my lowered pants can go without getting in the way of the whole process. Also, floors are often really wet, further complicating the process with no pants wall hooks, too.sad.png

You have proved my point. I rest my case.

Clearly, if the OP has to query the use of a bum gun he will next be asking what a bidet is for. Truly sad. Wiping with paper is an awful European tradition which I gave up decades ago. Bum guns for UK? Yes, good but dont forget to connect to the hot water supply for those freezing winter days!

Wiping with tissue paper is clean. Spraying water and leaving a dripping brown bacteria infected mess everywhere is unsanitary. That's why SARS spread in Thailand so fast.

A serious answer first.

Yes you spray without using toilet paper, the spray cleans far better than paper and there is no chance of fingers going through the paper.

Unlike using paper there is no need to get fingers of hands involved at all, other than holding the spray gun.

Most public toilets have at least hand basins and many liquid soap as well.

Now we get a little less serious.

How do you think the rice gets sticky ? Of course they don't wash their hands but it does however need a combination of bum wiping and nose picking to get the correct consistency.

Bon apatite.

"Unlike using paper there is no need to get fingers of hands involved at all, other than holding the spray gun."

How do you dry your bum then?

Exactly. One must still use tissue paper to wipe up the shit droplets left by the sprayer.

Thai's are equally horrified to find paper and not water...in farangland.

Over here...if figure out how to aim and squirt (upside down and backwards) then get baby wipes or something. Nobody is forcing you to use these things.. But they are indeed handy, to knock off the big chunks before wiping. Some people go through a whole roll of tissue and clog up things. Worse yet, are the bins full of crap paper, when you can't stuff it all down the toilet drain.

Edited by slipperylobster

Thais spread SARS and other germs by spraying their E. Coli infected shit droplets all over the place, sometimes they even get lodged in the sprayer itself, and when the next person uses it, he is spraying other people's e. Coli into his own anus. Another filthy messy sloppy unsanitary practice is using a bowl of water to flush the toilet, or for some, to flush their anus, leaving bacteria water all over the floor for your barefooted types.

I thought the sprayer was for cleaning the toilet but now i found that Thais have a little secret that they don't tell you, they use the sprayer to clean their anus. So when it sprays, do chunks of <deleted> get splashed around all over the toilet area? Is that sanitary?

It's not a secret. That's what it's there for.