Numbers of tourists from Russia falling by the minute

Lite Beer

Agree about the lager louts but it won,t break my heart to see most of the Russians gone. Ask any Thai about their opinions of the Russians and some other types of foreigners and you will get an ear full. Yea they might love your money but not your overall personality and i would have to agree with them. Negative perhaps but it is the truth. Maybe one of the reasons for foreigners getting taken advantage of. Show disrespect towards the Thais and they will find a way to get even. Respect them, respect their customs, respect their laws, respect THEIR country and guess what no problems.

Yes but, eliminate what you feel is undesirable and it gets replaced by the next best undesirable, you will always be complaining about something until you realize that are just looking at yourself....

You've taken the most cogent post on the thread and added a foolish reply.

• Like 1

Murder the Brits.

Attack the Dutch until they are unconscious.

Assault the Swiss because they don't buy from street vendors.

Mug the Chinese and Japanese in taxis.

Shake down all and sundry on the streets.

But we don't want Russians because they are ill mannered.

Of whom do you speak?

Agree about the lager louts but it won,t break my heart to see most of the Russians gone. Ask any Thai about their opinions of the Russians and some other types of foreigners and you will get an ear full. Yea they might love your money but not your overall personality and i would have to agree with them. Negative perhaps but it is the truth. Maybe one of the reasons for foreigners getting taken advantage of. Show disrespect towards the Thais and they will find a way to get even. Respect them, respect their customs, respect their laws, respect THEIR country and guess what no problems.

Yes but, eliminate what you feel is undesirable and it gets replaced by the next best undesirable, you will always be complaining about something until you realize that are just looking at yourself....

You've taken the most cogent post on the thread and added a foolish reply.

Agree it was one of the most cogent posts and therefore worth replying to in the hope that someone of such intelligence would understand what I am saying and that some would be able to go beyond the socio materialistic mindframe which many seem to be limited by...

Edited by lil fluffy clouds

Great Britain civilised the world over a couple of centuries. Just saying like.

Agreed, every former British colony are now financially successful

countries. Because they were given the rule of law, which is missing

in every craphole third world country. So actually if Russia allowed

itself to be colonised by Great Britain, they could also be a successful

country, and thus more tourists could come here.....

Just to get his onto a bit more of reality:

For the last 100 years there was only one solution for the financial problems of the UK and the US: WAR !!!

Now they need a BIG one again as they can no longer hide their biggest problem: being BROKE !!!

[just like most of the rest of the world !]

As Russia is turning away from the west towards BRICS [most of all China and India] and as such away from the US Dollar

there is no other option for the west [especially the US and the UK] to try to stop this !

As a result they now try to bring down the Russian Currency and with it the Russian Government !

[the economy in Russia is far stronger than any western economy based on simple numbers !]

Europe needs Russia much more than Russia needs Europe !

For Thailand this is simple:

The Russian tourists are a thing of the past !

The european tourists numbers will also decline as a result of the downturn in the european economies

[unemployment rates in europe are just sky rocketing .... even though the propaganda media tries hard to

show a different picture]

Japan is down on it's knees with Depth / GDP levels higher than Greece !

Thailand [just like the rest of the globe] is in for a pretty tough ride in 2015++

We might get used to it and maybe we can stop this really stupid talking about "quality" tourists against

any other tourists .... if neither come to Thailand then Thailand has a huge problem ! [and not only Thailand].

The UK should be ashamed starting those WWI and WWII wars for financial reasons. The USA couldn't wait for more wars and attacked Japan because...........This logic is pretty stupid=no 'brains'

WHO started those wars?

The good news about the Russians gets better by the day.

This is a Christmas miracle! The good news is that the homicide rate, fraud, theft and assault rate will finally really go down at least in the short term.

Couldn't have said it better. A Christmas (and New Year's) Miracle indeed!

Just to get his onto a bit more of reality:

For the last 100 years there was only one solution for the financial problems of the UK and the US: WAR !!!

Now they need a BIG one again as they can no longer hide their biggest problem: being BROKE !!!

[just like most of the rest of the world !]

As Russia is turning away from the west towards BRICS [most of all China and India] and as such away from the US Dollar

there is no other option for the west [especially the US and the UK] to try to stop this !

As a result they now try to bring down the Russian Currency and with it the Russian Government !

[the economy in Russia is far stronger than any western economy based on simple numbers !]

Europe needs Russia much more than Russia needs Europe !

For Thailand this is simple:

The Russian tourists are a thing of the past !

The european tourists numbers will also decline as a result of the downturn in the european economies

[unemployment rates in europe are just sky rocketing .... even though the propaganda media tries hard to

show a different picture]

Japan is down on it's knees with Depth / GDP levels higher than Greece !

Thailand [just like the rest of the globe] is in for a pretty tough ride in 2015++

We might get used to it and maybe we can stop this really stupid talking about "quality" tourists against

any other tourists .... if neither come to Thailand then Thailand has a huge problem ! [and not only Thailand].

The UK should be ashamed starting those WWI and WWII wars for financial reasons. The USA couldn't wait for more wars and attacked Japan because...........This logic is pretty stupid=no 'brains'

WHO started those wars?

Bankers of course - they fund both sides. Can't lose.

• Like 2

Best news of the year ... yet smile.png

I am a Thailand traveller for 20 years and have met tourists from all countries, but none as rude as Russians. I stay in Jomtien at the end of Beach Road and all WAS quiet till the Russians stayed in the same building. I have personally SEEN them throw sigarette ends in the pool (not kidding), throwing empty bottles in it and making noise at 3 am. Never seen that in the building in all the years I have stayed there... In taxi's they "assume" all western people are Russian and talk to them in Russian.... ALWAYS loud, even rude to Thais (also seen and heard that on several occasions).

Poor man.

You have obviously never been in Kuta when the Aussies are in town.

And that is just the women.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

Dont worry im sure that us westerners get bashed in teh russian forums equally. But I do agree with you, I dont like russian bashing.
They may not be the most polite people but they are still OK and we should make an effort for them.

Please keep the Russian bashing to an absolute minimum. We have Russian members on this forum, members like StasD and he's a really good bloke.

The Thais will come to love the Russians.

Because as Thailand's reputation plummets, well heeled Asians and Europeans will back off.

But when the Russians hear of the dangers, rip offs and shakedowns, they'll be like "what are we waiting for?"

Unless you're attempting to be as smart as you think you are, no way will the Thais ever accept the Russians en bloc as they did the Europeans. Yes, certain of the Thais did indeed take the generosity of the Euros as being 'stupid'because of this and their overall generosity. BUT, the Europeans, were largely accepted (not 'tolerated') because they were friendly and well mannered, particularly the English, from whence the Thai term 'pu dee Ungrit' comes. You will never hear this phrase to describe any other nationality. Particularly the Russians. Duh.

Edited by jpeg
  • Like 1

Totally agree on the massive debt both government and personal. The bubble is about to pop not unlike 1997 but this time much worse. Spend, spend, spend like there is no tomorrow while you go farther into debt. Can,t wait for the Thai baht to hit 60 or more to the U.S dollar.

Fear not. In the midst of a global downturn, Thailand will be rescued by Chinese tourist hordes and massive new government debt (aka "economic stimulus"). Happiness and prosperity will abound. Next question?

Massive new government debt?? It might increase a few % max. Many projects will be financed through foreign investment. Anyhow, you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/774/economics/list-of-national-debt-by-country/

Edited by Nickymaster

Great Britain is run by a square mile called "the city of London" and has enslaved the world

way too long now ! [including it's own people].

sadly the brainwash is so deep that the sheep don't even know that they are sheep anymore.

It's sad for the brits and sad for the rest of the world ... ALL would be way better off without this "civilising" [and the millions of people killed on the way !]

• Like 2

Great Britain is run by a square mile called "the city of London" and has enslaved the world

sadly the brainwash is so deep that the sheep don't even know that they are sheep anymore.

It's sad for the brits and sad for the rest of the world ... ALL would be way better off without this "civilising" [and the millions of people killed on the way !]

You're new here. Aren't you coffee1.gif

• Like 1

You're new here. Aren't you coffee1.gif

Nope ... but I might have quite different information on the issue than you do, just like on the Russian issue.

Ok I give up. Muddle along on your own......

The less Russians will come to Thailand the more will be in Crimea so that is the real reason why Rouble falls down)

With the rouble so weak, perhaps "ROT" (Russian Organ of Tourism) can promote incoming THAI tourism to Crimea? coffee1.gif

I am not an expert of tourism but now I am preparing some offers of export Russian materials to Thailand and other countries of ASEAN. Dollar prices cut twice. The most profitable things are weapons but my Thai adviser told me it is dangerous here.

• Like 1

The less Russians will come to Thailand the more will be in Crimea so that is the real reason why Rouble falls down)

With the rouble so weak, perhaps "ROT" (Russian Organ of Tourism) can promote incoming THAI tourism to Crimea? coffee1.gif

I am not an expert of tourism but now I am preparing some offers of export Russian materials to Thailand and other countries of ASEAN. Dollar prices cut twice. The most profitable things are weapons but my Thai adviser told me it is dangerous here.

Stas, start brining these in . . .

russian-dolls-opt.jpg

. . . I've always wanted a set of Russian Dolls.

Huh? Does brain150 stand for 150mg? But then again it could be a sarcastic comment! whistling.gif

...as it will get harder for the ordinary people there

to afford any imported food or drinks!

What imported food and drinks? Good post, nonetheless.

Now the Byelorussia has also started charging USD for its goods going to Russia. Miraculously its export items now include grapes, bananas, shrimps, salmon etc., all with attached labels Made in Belaya Russ.

• Like 1

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Before I decide who is to blame I would like to see this documentary by Academy award winner Oliver Stone ermm.gif

Oliver Stone Says Ukrainian Coup Was Directed by CIA

http://sputniknews.com/art_living/20141231/1016415810.html

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 2

Putin has really screwed up this time and that will now affect ordinary Russians....not good for them of course !! At the same time.....they dont really fit in with the other international Tourists visiting Thailand, last year I Went to Phuket and tried to have a chat on several occasions with partying russian....they looked at us....not very interested....and continued their own party.....that was strange !! Can anyone explain this behaviour ????

Ignorant arrogance! I used to hold the door open for Russian familes coming into/coming out of supermarkets etc but not any more! Manners cost nothing, but most Russians I have encountered don't even know how to nod their heads as an acknowledgement of thanks. So open the door yourself, Boris, and I hope you drop your bottle of vodka while you are doing it!

In Russian culture people don't nod heads to say thank you. Maybe they were surprised in the first place that you held the door for them, and usually they would say "thank you" or smile as gratitude, but normally they don't nod their heads.

I think you're missing the point - no smile of gratitude - no "thank you" (not expected as probably they don't speak English) - no acknowledgement whatsoever is inexcusable, and the "open door" example was just that. I could describe various other scenarios (queue jumping, pushing people out of the way, and various other actions that show no consideration for anybody except themselves that sets them apart from most Europeans. (And OK, queuing is prevalently a British thing, but elbowing people out of the way is not the way to conduct yourself! - IMHO)

...as it will get harder for the ordinary people there

to afford any imported food or drinks!

What imported food and drinks? Good post, nonetheless.

Now the Byelorussia has also started charging USD for its goods going to Russia. Miraculously its export items now include grapes, bananas, shrimps, salmon etc., all with attached labels Made in Belaya Russ.
Miraculous indeed, cos even if Byelorussia managed to grow babanas in some huge man made hot house, it is even more difficult to explain from where does Byelorussia get salmon, since the country has no access to sea.

Oh I know where they get the fish - these are handsome and very tasty Estonian fish, that we longer can sell directly to Russia :)

Same goes for cheese, other milk products. Trains are routed to Russia through Byelorussia, and everybody makes a nice little profit, except the end user, the Russian customer inside Russia.

The prices there are going up, and rouble is down badly. It is not good time to be in Russia, nor travel for many.

Maybe don't attacke your neighbours, and do not annex other countries territory, things would be better for everybody.

Whatever the Russian economy is right now, this is only a foreplay.

Dont expect Russian tourist numbers grow any time soon.