Police Truck Hits, Kills 45-Year-Old Woman

Lite Beer

Police Truck Hits, Kills 45-Year-Old Woman

By Khaosod Eng.

14201934301420193478l.jpg

KAMPHAENG PHET – A police truck hit and killed a 45-year-old woman crossing the street in Kamphaeng Phet province on New Year’s Day, police say.

The driver, Pol.Col. Chayinthorn Sukonthorn, said he was rushing back from the residence of a senior commander to his police station in neighbouring Phichit province to deal with a drug-related incident when he saw Pramual Seehawat, 45, crossing the street.

"I was very shocked, because I saw her carrying something, which at first I thought was her baby," explained Pol Col. Chayinthorn, who is the director of Wachirabaramee station in Phichit.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1420193430

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-02

"I was very shocked, because I saw her carrying something, which at first I thought was her baby," explained Pol Col. Chayinthorn,

Is it just me or does he sound disappointed? coffee1.gif

Looks like they want to make sure they break the world record of most traffic deaths this holiday season.

Edited by Anthony5

This man's responsibility is to protect the public, not kill them. There is no excuse at all in his reasoning about 'rushing' to a drug related job. The likelihood is that he was under the influence, and even if not the book should be thrown at him. He should serve time for manslaughter - should being the operative, or in this case inoperative word.

Shame on you! sad.pngbah.gif

• Like 1

Seems pretty dumb to admit guilt this way. "rushing back" seems to suggest travelling over the speed limit and "to the police station"

that it was not an emergency. You can understand rushing out to a dangerous situation where the community is at risk but what that was so

pressing could have been happening at the police station?

I wonder why he didnt swerve out of the way or hit the brakes...

It seems he had some time to ponder the thought of what the lady was holding...

His excuse had to involve some "important" situation...

The truth is, he killed someone due to his incompetence/responsibility as a driver...

Edited by thhMan

I'm so sorry this idiot, he was in shock. Poor guy, I hope he will survive his shock. A 45 old lady was died, but this man got shocked about he killed a baby also. Anyway if there is baby or 12 children in the scene, they would killed them also, and would got bigger shock.

A month ago in Montreal Canada, a police cruiser struck a 5 year old kid and killed him. He was driving 120kmh in a 50km zone.

Police officer has not been charged with anything. Furthermore it is even forbidden for his name to be published and can not be identified.

At least Thailand does not pretend to be some kind of bastion of human rights and democracy.... a fact I thought many of us have accepted before moving here?

"rushing back from the residence of a senior commander"

Wow.... I have never heard a mia noi called a "senior commander" before !!!

yes 'senior commander' is the number one wife 'junior commander' is the mia noi and 'commander of nothing' is the gik

He is a colonel. He was "rushing" back on official business. Oh, my, very important business.

In his mind, this all trumps a human life.

But he's a nice guy, he'll fork over 5000 baht of tea his own money, in compensation for that life.

I wonder why he didnt swerve out of the way or hit the brakes...

It seems he had some time to ponder the thought of what the lady was holding...

His excuse had to involve some "important" situation...

The truth is, he killed someone due to his incompetence/responsibility as a driver...

"I wonder why he didnt swerve out of the way or hit the brakes..."

Read the report properly and see how daft your comment was.

R.I.P the Lady sad.png

Indeed.. 9 posts down before the first person mentions the dead lady. Sad.. RIP and condolences to family & friends - it could have been any one of our wives crossing the road ..

• Like 2