PDRC to follow up on reforms effort

Lite Beer

Now back to the topic we have

"foundation would push for the reforms that the PDRC was campaigning for in its Bangkok street protests last year"

If I remember correctly the PDRC didn't get much further than demanding reforms, start with a framework for defining and implementing reforms, but nothing really tangible. They couldn't either of course. Had they published a 1,500 page book "Reforms for Dummies" we'd still get the flak from certain posters.

So I think Akanat should help us and list again those reforms they were campaigning for.

They would have if that was part of their agenda but even you know better.

Luckily they didn't since the involvement of the Thai population was required. Even just asking for reforms already gave them enough flak to last a lifetime.

Anyway, you just started here so you probably didn't even hear those reforms they were campaigning for whereas I only simply forgot them rolleyes.gif

Oh? You base that assumption on what? And you simply forgot them?

Come on rubl, even the reforms that they promised 2006 never came into effect so why should this be any different? And don't say it's not the same forces behind the reforms because you know too well it is.

People will make a noise if promises that were made are not fulfilled that's the whole point with party system. But thanks to a few, people will not have their voices heard and you can see the censoring soon will surpass any implementation previous prime ministers have made in the past.

Economy is going down the drain, diplomacy is virtually non-existent due the fact that not a lot of countries want to do business with self-empowered people (unless they really have to), the handling of Koh Tao is doing the acting PM no favors and you're still sitting here hoping for reforms that don't even exist.

Calm down, my dear chap. It's not the end of the world if also you cannot list the reforms the PDRC was campaigning for late 2013 - early 2014. After all it's a year ago already and much has happened since. Now we have the NRC with it's committees working on named reforms, trying to get input, streamline procedures, etc., etc.

Now that's good assuming sufficient people give their input. At least there is a continued realisation that reforms must be held before an election, but we knew that already nine months ago.

http://nsnbc.me/2014/03/29/thailand-one-million-march-for-reform-as-chamber-of-commerce-calls-on-yingluck-to-step-down/

Come on rubl, even the reforms that they promised 2006 never came into effect so why should this be any different? And don't say it's not the same forces behind the reforms because you know too well it is.

People will make a noise if promises that were made are not fulfilled that's the whole point with party system. But thanks to a few, people will not have their voices heard and you can see the censoring soon will surpass any implementation previous prime ministers have made in the past.

Economy is going down the drain, diplomacy is virtually non-existent due the fact that not a lot of countries want to do business with self-empowered people (unless they really have to), the handling of Koh Tao is doing the acting PM no favors and you're still sitting here hoping for reforms that don't even exist.

Calm down, my dear chap. It's not the end of the world if also you cannot list the reforms the PDRC was campaigning for late 2013 - early 2014. After all it's a year ago already and much has happened since. Now we have the NRC with it's committees working on named reforms, trying to get input, streamline procedures, etc., etc.

Now that's good assuming sufficient people give their input. At least there is a continued realisation that reforms must be held before an election, but we knew that already nine months ago.

http://nsnbc.me/2014/03/29/thailand-one-million-march-for-reform-as-chamber-of-commerce-calls-on-yingluck-to-step-down/

I've fixed that for you," Now that's good assuming sufficient people are allowed to give their input"

I've fixed that for you," Now that's good assuming sufficient people are allowed to give their input"

Pity really that some had stated to stay far away from the NRC activities, not even trying.

"The country's two largest political parties, as well as the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), will likely not nominate anyone from their organisations as candidates for the junta-selected National Reform Council (NRC). "

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Big-political-parties-PDRC-steer-clear-of-reform-c-30240106.html

Pity really that some had stated to stay far away from the NRC activities, not even trying.

"The country's two largest political parties, as well as the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), will likely not nominate anyone from their organisations as candidates for the junta-selected National Reform Council (NRC). "

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Big-political-parties-PDRC-steer-clear-of-reform-c-30240106.html

Your attempt to condescending failed as much as your attempt to provide list of reforms suggested by the PDRC, not only that but also which ones that have been put into effect. As usual dear chap, you are in over your head and cannot back up your statements.

The dogs are talking, trying to push their agenda again, can't wait to see you thrashed by the vote again.

wonder if they claim to have 93% support like the partner in crime?

yes there terrible agenda: no corruption, no abuse of power, fair justice for everyone, better education for the poor, no vote buying and more direct democracy.

How evil they are......If we all could have next the 4th family member from the Shinawatra clan as next premier instead.....

Your attempt to condescending failed as much as your attempt to provide list of reforms suggested by the PDRC, not only that but also which ones that have been put into effect. As usual dear chap, you are in over your head and cannot back up your statements.

Your attempt at diverting with a bit of obfuscation thrown in is noted though.

Now you may have missed this, but the PDRC didn't put any reforms into effect, they only talked without having either backing or the power themselves. The Yingluck government in it's last days set up a reform committee but that committee wasn't meant to do anything. Even the NRC with its committees hasn't put any reforms into effect.

So, backing up my statement, you seem not to know and I forgot the details of the political reforms the PDRC requested.

Edited by rubl

• Djjamie a few facts about your uncorruptable hero Suthep Thaungsuban

When he was Agriculture Minister in 1995, he sold and gave away to his wealthy friends Land Reform plots in Phuket meant for needy local people. This scandal brought down the entire government he represented. He escaped prosecution because of his political connections, bribery, and...wait for it...paying protesters to march in the streets of Bangkok. The only democratically-elected Democrat in dozens of years, Chuan Leekpai, lost power because of Suthep's corruption.

-In 2009 when he was on the National Police Commission, he openly accepted large bribes for police postings and shot down the posting of more deserving officers who refused to pay him, including nominees from his own party's Prime Minister. The same year, he was investigated by the Election Commission for illegally owning equity in media companies with government contracts, in violation of the Constitution. He avoided prosecution by resigning from Parliament, but kept his post of Deputy Prime Minister.

Later in 2011 when he was National Palm Oil Policy Committee Chairman, he helped orchestrate a phony shortage of the commodity to force up prices more than 50%. He and his family made a fortune from the increase in price, as they are major players in the palm oil industry and huge landowners. He also pocketed kickbacks from other major producers in the South.

Additionally, Wikileaks diplomatic cables from the US embassy revealed that many members of his own party have long complained of his corrupt and unethical behavior such as auctioning off cabinet postings both within the Democratic Party and former coalition partners.

here are some sources

http://www.polis.leeds.ac.uk/assets/files/research/working-papers/wp3mccargo.pdf

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/thailand-s-ex-deputy-pm-thaugsuban-becomes-street-fighter-1.2442156

http://www.france24.com/en/20131202-thailand-protest-leader-suthep-thaugsuban/

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/07/17/politics/politics_30107741.php - (the old resigning before I get sent to court trick rolleyes.gif )

We all know Thaksin is a snake, we all know people died (on both sides) in these protests but this is about Suthep. Can you seriously sit there and tell us this man is the angelic savior of Thailand and corruption would disappear if he had sort of leadership or say on what happens in the country?

I look forward to replies from PDRC/Junta leaning supporters ignoring all of the evidence and posting things about Thaksin/calling me a red shirt. Hell I'd put money on it if I could. cheesy.gif

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to default font and color
  • Like 1