Rock star Pete Doherty checks out of rehab in Thailand

webfact

surely if he was two months into the programme then relapsed a month ago he has not finished the programme at all he should go back to day one and start again or he is only fooling himself and will be back on the brown as soon as things start to get difficult for mim

Congrats to TV for posting this.

A guy tries to take care of a problem and simply can't possible do it with any privacy whatsoever.

Nice goin'

Don't shoot the messenger. TV do not make the news, they re-report it from other sources after it has already been released.

Next post we will be reading about his death.

I actually thought he was already dead.

He would be financially much better off as a Kurt Cobain than as a failed aging drug addict...

Edited by bangon04

Is there no depths that Coconuts will stoop to for news?

I know from experience that when beating an addition, anonymity is paramount.

Good luck to Pete, he'll need it with all these paparazzi around. Absolutely no respect to allow this man's recovery open to public discussion and ridicule from those who don't know addiction is a disease.

Shambles by name.....shambles by nature. Such a self entitled idiot who brings all of his troubles upon himself. Past caring about this fool and his low life antics.

JAF

Couldn't agree more - total waste of space on this planet. And to call him a Rock star is an insult to Rock musicians everywhere.

• Like 1

Seems like an oxymoron,Thailand and trying to beat Heroin addiction,

surely it would be best to go to a country that is not awash with drugs.

its a bit like going on a slimming course at a chocolate factory.

regards Worgeordie

Or taking coals to Newcastle?

Congrats to TV for posting this.

A guy tries to take care of a problem and simply can't possible do it with any privacy whatsoever.

Nice goin'

His privacy remains intact with me as I have absolutely no idea who this prawn-head is, and no desire to enlighten myself.

Story filed under 'Ignorance and Apathy", aka the round filing cabinet.

Don't know the guy as well and never heard of his band. So unlike you I was curious and did a search, since his name sounded familiar. Looks like I had him mixed up with snooker player Ken Doherty.

Who is a lot better at his chosen career!

regards Worgeordie

Can you name a country that is less "awash" with drugs than Thailand?

regards Worgeordie

The DPRK.

regards Worgeordie

What do you mean by awash ? Theres the producing countries trafficking and then theres the using countries. Thailand is a huge user and trafficker but its not the producer.

Its going to get much worse in SE Asia as disposable income rises.

Afghanistan accounted for 74 per cent of global illicit opium production in 2012 and remains the world’s leading producer and cultivator of opium, while Burma is the world’s second largest, accounting for 23 per cent of the land used for illicit poppy cultivation and 10 per cent of global opium production, but its on the increase again says the UNODC.

Burma remains a major source of methamphetamine pills and opiates in Southeast Asia, most of which are manufactured in Shan State in the eastern part of the country, at least six well-known drug lords represent the ruling party and have held parliament seats since the 7 November, 2010 elections.

Methamphetamine use increased in 11 of 15 countries surveyed in East and Southeast Asia. The use of methamphetamine in pill form increased in all six countries that comprise the Greater Mekong Subregion – Cambodia, China, Lao PDR, Burma (Myanmar), Thailand and Vietnam.

So just like Afghanistan in SE Asia the drug trade is still run with governments cooperation and shady characters with the highest connections.

Rehab should be a pretty safe business for some time to come. whistling.gif

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

I think Thailand is one of the last places I'd come for rehab. Too much temptation.

Temptation in what way?

I think living in Leith, Scotland was 10 times worse than Thailand when it comes to temptation, all sorts of drugs readily available and bars everywhere. Thailand was where I managed to get away from it all, well eventually.

I've very rarely been offered hard drugs here or even soft drugs for that matter, apart from in drug stores around Pat Pong in the early 90s.

I think Thailand is one of the last places I'd come for rehab. Too much temptation.

Temptation in what way?

I think living in Leith, Scotland was 10 times worse than Thailand when it comes to temptation, all sorts of drugs readily available and bars everywhere. Thailand was where I managed to get away from it all, well eventually.

I've very rarely been offered hard drugs here or even soft drugs for that matter, apart from in drug stores around Pat Pong in the early 90s.

I have known a few 'recovering' addicts here and while you don't get openly offered drugs it is extremely easy to get. Not to mention cheap booze everywhere.

Obv it's not the same for all cases. But I'd not choose here if I was trying to kick. Well done on beating your addictions too btw.

• Like 1

regards Worgeordie

The DPRK.

North Korea actually has a very serious meth problem.

OB

regards Worgeordie

The DPRK.

OB

I'm surprised you didn't have a link to support your claim. Otherwise people may think you are bull sh*****g.

OB

I'm surprised you didn't have a link to support your claim. Otherwise people may think you are bull sh*****g.

Oceanbat probably forgot the link so here it is.

https://news.vice.com/article/north-koreas-got-a-big-crystal-meth-problem

And in case this one doesn't satisfy you below are another 281.000

https://www.google.com/search?q=meth+problem+north+korea&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8