Retirement Multiple Entry Visa, transfer to new passport

If you mean a non-imm O-A visa, as Mario said you need to show old and new passport. If you leave Thailand on a valid O-A, when you return to Thailand immigrations will put your new permission to stay in your new passport, but until the visa expires you'll need to present both passports.

If you mean you have an extension of stay based on retirement (not a visa) and a multi-entry re-entry permit, then you should go to an immigration office with form : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/20-transfer-stamp-to-a-new-passport-form/

and they will transfer the information into the new passport, but not the actual visa you used when you entered. Some offices will also need a letter from your embassy verifying that you were issued a new passport.

Edited by Suradit69

On the same/similar subject - I will be renewing my retirement extension in mid February and then immediately applying for my new UK passport via BKK embassy.

If for some reason the new passport doesn't get back to me within 90 days (I've heard a few horror stories about lengthy delays), what am I supposed to do regarding the 90 day reporting?

On the same/similar subject - I will be renewing my retirement extension in mid February and then immediately applying for my new UK passport via BKK embassy.

If for some reason the new passport doesn't get back to me within 90 days (I've heard a few horror stories about lengthy delays), what am I supposed to do regarding the 90 day reporting?

You don't apply for your passport at the embassy. It is done at the VFS offices at Trendy tower.

You will still have your existing passport to do your 90 day report if needed. They don't stamp it or mark it until you get your new one.

• Like 1

You don't apply for your passport at the embassy. It is done at the VFS offices at Trendy tower.

You will still have your existing passport to do your 90 day report if needed. They don't stamp it or mark it until you get your new one.

Thanks for that.