Mosha

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a walk in the park for Lewis...

11 cars finish, Honda the only car to finish without points.

Race Result
Driver Team Grid Race Time
1 HAM Mercedes 1 1:31:54.067
2 ROS Mercedes 2 1:31:55.427
3 VET Ferrari 4 1:32:28.590
4 MAS Williams 3 1:32:32.263
5 NAS Sauber 6 1:33:29.216
6 RIC Red Bull 7 -1 Lap
7 HUL Force India 10 -1 Lap
8 ERI Sauber 12 -1 Lap
9 SAI Toro Rosso 5 -1 Lap
10 PER Force India 11 -1 Lap
11 BUT McLaren 13 -2 Laps
RET RAI Ferrari 8 Retired (40)
RET VPN Toro Rosso 9 Retired (32)
RET GRO Lotus 14 Retired (1)
RET MAL Lotus 15 Crashed (0)
RET KVY Red Bull 16 DNS
RET MAG McLaren 17 DNS
RET BOT Williams 18 DNS
Edited by Basil B

Alonso's car blows up before even getting to the grid.. maybe just as well he was not in it.

Guess will be a penalty for poor old Raikkonen in Malaysia ? [loose or no rear wheel nut]

Edited by ignis

Is there a more boring sport on tv than this....one team gets a slight technical advantage.....they win all the races.....same for a couple of years, change teams, rinse, repeat. the only "strategy" involved seems to be the very "exciting" selection of tires, and of course the totally fake soap opera spats between these overpaid drivers

Yes, it is official... http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/3/germany-dropped-from-2015-calendar.html

What the BBC said:

The German Grand Prix has been cut from the Formula 1 World Championship calendar for the 2015 season, the World Motor Sport Council have confirmed.

Hockenheim had been due to stage the event again this year after a deal with Nurburgring deal fell through.

A statement from the council said: "The German Grand Prix has been withdrawn as the commercial rights holder and promoter did not reach agreement."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31994404

PS

"the commercial rights holder" is a coded reference to you know who... whistling.gif

Edited by Basil B

Yes just a bit damp... who's idea to hold the race in a month where rain is highly predictable in the late afternoon, not just normal rain which could add some some excitement to the sport but tropical monsoon rain that will almost certainly bring out the red flag.

How many abandoned races at Sepang does it take for the "commercial rights holder" to understand that just tinkering with the start times is not going to solve the problem.

Well an exciting race...

But really won on tyre strategy, but still proves Ferrari have a competitive car.

But there again I suspect Mercedes have many rabbits tucked away in the hat for rainy days.

The race was won on more than just tire strategy. Mercedes decided to do their first tire change under safety car, and after Hamilton managed to fight through the traffic and get into free air he was 10 seconds behind Vettel. With slightly fresher tires the rest of the way, and with both him and Vettel doing two tire changes the rest of the way, Hamilton was still 10 seconds behind at the end of the race. So the Ferrari was truly competitive and maybe even slightly ahead of Mercedes in this race.

But all that could change for the next race. It seems that the advantage Ferrari had was mostly down to better tire wear, and maybe that will be different under cooler temperatures.

Sophon

Goes back to Qualifying + strategy, maybe had Mercedes not used up the faster tyres on Saturday, then Hamilton would have had another set for the Race, as Ferrari did.

Guess Mercedes never thought Ferrari could be up there.. at least it made a good interesting Race

Edited by ignis

Goes back to Qualifying + strategy, maybe had Mercedes not used up the faster tyres on Saturday, then Hamilton would have had another set for the Race, as Ferrari did.

Guess Mercedes never thought Ferrari could be up there.. at least it made a good interesting Race

It still would not have won them the race. It was clear from the one stint that Hamilton did on the softer tire that Mercedes could not make them last. He was fast for the first five or six laps, but then his times dropped off and he had to change them earlier than expected.

Sophon

Yes I enjoyed that a lot! Good opener & nice to see Ferrari doing well again...

Agree also Young Max showed some skillful mature driving never in anyones way

& passes all looked clean to me. Good Job! kid is going to be somebody by the time he is 20

if not before

Where's horner with his whining. Or will he just accept the engine is crap? I mean out classed by their 2nd team. whistling.gif

He's having a beer with Fernando, who is most likely questioning his leaving Ferrari for McLaren... cheesy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was not sure Max Verstappen would do well in F1 at such a young age.

I have to say watching China now that he has shown maturity in his driving

& also a great skill in his braking & passing.

Quite impressed I am ;)

I do not think he will have anything nice to say about the Renault power unit... whistling.gif

Pity it would be nice to see him on the podium, but I suppose they will not let him near the bubbly...

Well a full house from Lewis, did anyone expect anything different?

And Nico, "Lewis is going to slow... tell him to speed up), so much for team talk (No2 driver to hold back the Prancing Horses)...

Edited by Basil B

Yes that was sad to see that Renault crap its pants while being driven to point.

On the Nico thing...It was shades of Hungary last year wasn't it?

As Lewis said it is not his job to manage or be concerned about Nico's race.

Also as he said if Nico was not 4+ seconds back ok maybe he could understand his concern for Lewis's pace but at that distance

the actual problem with Nico being harassed by a Ferrari was not caused by Lewis's pace but Nico's

Nico needs to buck up & race his race. If he falls short accept there was a better driver that day

& not be looking for excuses.

I like Nico & think he is usually a good spokesperson for F1 but this kind of stuff has no place there or in the press conferences right after the race