F1 2015

Mosha

I wonder what caused Vettel's tire explosion. It wasn't a puncture and they didn't look damaged or like over-worn.

It looked quite different from Rosberg's incident, where one could see the left shoulder of the tire was damaged just before it blew up.

It has been deemed that tyre should not last a complete race, so for a hard race like Spa most teams/drivers opt for 2 or 3 stops...

And in this race everybody was going for a 2 or more stopper except Vettel, if he had delayed his stop by 2 laps he might have got away with it.

Remember Nigel Mansell in Adelaide back in 1986? blowout cost him the championship.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

grid penalties, now is a fight to start last, and Max starting last also gets a Drive through..

The red cars are rather good starter so could well be in the lead by the 1st corner, + a question mark on Lewis engine [same engine in Nico's cars has had to be replaced with an old engine]

grid penalties, now is a fight to start last, and Max starting last also gets a Drive through..

The red cars are rather good starter so could well be in the lead by the 1st corner, + a question mark on Lewis engine [same engine in Nico's cars has had to be replaced with an old engine]

Yes the new engine, Mercedes used up their last development points on this, not sure if Nico had a real problem, possibly Nico was not too happy with it, &/or Mercedes are hedging their bets.

Do not forget Ferrari have new engine developments too, they could also fail in the race...

P.S.

Do not write Nico off yet, it will be interesting to see how he fairs against Lewis and the the red team, Nico may not win but could be man of the race...

Edited by Basil B

Not sure how it happened, but looks like the procedure need reviewing.

When Mercedes were informed 20 minutes from the end of the race the tyres had already been changed so no point in black flagging them.

Point is the tyres need testing at a specified temperature and it seems the measurements were taken some time after the tyre warmers were remove.

If they are going to check the temperature of the tyres on the grid then will we see a F1 official at the end off the pit lane measuring tyre pressures when they exit the pits?

Get Pirelli to inflate the tyres to the specified pressure themselves so that this type of after race farce doesn't happen again.

Hamilton was in a race of his own yesterday and to have this cloud the celebrations does nothing for the sport.

Please to see Vettel saying LH won fair and square.

Very disappointed by the Williams team calls for disqualification.

As so many items are sealed units why not the air in the tyres ?

Brings F1 in to a farce, disrepute, laughing stock, have to wait 2 hours to see if there will be a disqualification for .03 under inflation.

how can testing on the starting grid be a true and accurate test ? surly the test should be done before taking to the track for the grid line up + all 20 cars.

been watching F1 40 odd year, it is know getting more daft with rules and point systems...

on the other hand why ? You can see Williams team calls for disqualification point.... GP2 there were 2 cars disqualified [one in 2nd place] for the wrong tyre pressures, so why disqualify in GP2 and not F1 ?

Edited by ignis

Re: disqualification...

In this case the the driver did not fill the tyres or check them, that was to team.

Only penalty for the driver should be to negate any advantage, and it has been pointed out that it was actually a disadvantage to have two back tyres with different pressures...

It was nice to see Mercedes had a few extra tigers in the new engine.

Latest story is Red Bull tells Renault where to shove their engines only to have Mercedes shove the door in their face when they came knocking...gigglem.gif

What next...

Bernie tells Mercedes to let them have the engines???

Edited by Basil B

Sources suggest Red Bull was hopeful that, despite its rival team's management not being in favour, the Mercedes board could be won over because of the attractiveness of a tie-up with the energy drinks brand.

http://uk.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-s-hopes-of-mercedes-deal-are-all-but-over/

Maybe Red Bull should change their name to "dom perignon"

Sepang last race of the season next year.

Changed again ?

Saturday 5th news was ' the Malaysian Grand Prix will become the penultimate race of the season.'

www.f1.com

2016 F1 calendar Edited by ignis

I can not find any announcement, normally next years race calender is sorted out by now.

Looking at the rain fall calender for KL November seems even more ridicules than March, July looks the best option with only a 35% chance of rain...

The last race is a prestigious event and I thought it would be more down to who the commercial rights holder preferred...

Sepang last race of the season next year.

Changed again ?

Saturday 5th news was ' the Malaysian Grand Prix will become the penultimate race of the season.'

www.f1.com

2016 F1 calendar

I heard it on race day. Martin Brundle I think.

I can not find any announcement, normally next years race calender is sorted out by now.

Looking at the rain fall calender for KL November seems even more ridicules than March, July looks the best option with only a 35% chance of rain...

The last race is a prestigious event and I thought it would be more down to who the commercial rights holder preferred...

The issue re Sepang is they don't want back to back races with Singapore.

Edited by Mosha

To me that sounds silly, I would have thought it would have bought more "high spending quality tourists" to both countries if they were adjacent weekends...

To me that sounds silly, I would have thought it would have bought more "high spending quality tourists" to both countries if they were adjacent weekends...

What would you rather have? A spectator packed race that creates an atmosphere, or a relatively few rich people?

Last time I was at Sepang, seats were packed with local school children... not clue on what the sport was about.

Thing is, yes the main grandstand hospitality boxes are going to be full of the mega rich who fly in for the race and flying home straight after the race, what I was pointing out it would be quite an attraction for middle income on a 2 week vacation.

Used to go but imo now days its a relatively Boring sport to watch either live or on tv. Golf rugby tennis even cricket seems to get more coverage ITS s place in the media seems to be slipping from A league to v much b- league.

rijit

Edited by rijit